Author Topic: How to import bts_default.bin from openledger to cli_wallet?  (Read 4884 times)

Offline vikram

I didn't realize the wallet backup produced by the web wallet or light wallet (web browser hosted wallets) could be used by the cli wallet. I thought they were distinctly different formats.

Xeroc, you know the answer to this better than I. Has compatibility always been there since Oct 15, 2015 or did it come along later? If so what timeframe (roughly) did that compatibility come into being?

You're correct. The CLI wallet does not support importing backup files made in the web wallet.

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
This wallet does not contain any accounts.

Which means it's created with Settings/Wallet "NEW WALLET" - it's just container for key import, so can't be funded before key is imported(?):
"In order to import keys, you first need to create a wallet to contain the keys".

What came to my mind is:
1.Are you trying to import your backup by using "NEW WALLET" button?

If so, you should use [Settings/Restore-Import/Restore from a backup file] instead.
Import all your backups into wallet with account, one by one. All of them.
Next go under Settings/Wallet. You should have list of imported wallets under "ACTIVE WALLET" and you can switch between them.

2. Are you created wallet by using "NEW WALLET", then made backup, and now trying to import?

It's empty, always was.

No its a backup from a working wallet that now says This wallet contains no accounts.

Offline nmywn

• View Profile

Which means it's created with Settings/Wallet "NEW WALLET" - it's just container for key import, so can't be funded before key is imported(?):
"In order to import keys, you first need to create a wallet to contain the keys".

What came to my mind is:
1.Are you trying to import your backup by using "NEW WALLET" button?

If so, you should use [Settings/Restore-Import/Restore from a backup file] instead.
Import all your backups into wallet with account, one by one. All of them.
Next go under Settings/Wallet. You should have list of imported wallets under "ACTIVE WALLET" and you can switch between them.

2. Are you created wallet by using "NEW WALLET", then made backup, and now trying to import?

It's empty, always was.

Offline Thom

I didn't realize the wallet backup produced by the web wallet or light wallet (web browser hosted wallets) could be used by the cli wallet. I thought they were distinctly different formats.

Xeroc, you know the answer to this better than I. Has compatibility always been there since Oct 15, 2015 or did it come along later? If so what timeframe (roughly) did that compatibility come into being?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
If you click on "account" in the top navbar .. below the account-icon .. does it show "(Your Account)"? or not? If so, you can spend from the account and the wallet has a bug with showing which accounts are in your wallet :()
[/quote

Nope all it says is create account and
Accounts
Your accounts list.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If you click on "account" in the top navbar .. below the account-icon .. does it show "(Your Account)"? or not? If so, you can spend from the account and the wallet has a bug with showing which accounts are in your wallet :()

Offline proctologic

• View Profile

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
tried chrome and firefox and 2 backup files
there is 1.1M BTS on that account so it should be nice to have it working

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
you have anothe rbackup file? Maybe try Google chrome .. could be an issue with firefox ..

Offline proctologic

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
I noticed that sometimes after an import .. the actual account(s) imported are hidden and not shown in the overview page (for whatever reason)
Try to find your account in the block explorer and see if it says "Your account" in the overview page of the account (below the account icon)

i cant find the block explorer or your account icon

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:10:29 pm by proctologic »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I noticed that sometimes after an import .. the actual account(s) imported are hidden and not shown in the overview page (for whatever reason)
Try to find your account in the block explorer and see if it says "Your account" in the overview page of the account (below the account icon)

Offline proctologic

• View Profile
How to import bts_default.bin from openledger to cli_wallet?

The account is fully funded but the backup in openledger says acccount missing?
Accounts
Your accounts list.