Author Topic: Remittio offers universal off ramps for BitShares and Steemit  (Read 9553 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Ridiculous! Even transferwise does better: They use the mid-market exchange rate (meaning no additional percentage fee slapped on) and have a low flat fee.  Right now I can send 1k Euros to the US and the recipient gets 1057.86 USD.  The flat fee is already included and was $4.98.

You're charging $10 a pop to use the service, then a 1% fee on top of that.  Who knows what exchange rate.  That's 4 times as expensive for the example given above.

The remittance market will not flock to Remittio for remittance.

Edit: 1% Fee doesn't apply to SEPA and SWIFT Transfers.  So 4 times as expensive is reduced to 2 times as expensive.

And a wall one brick high won't keep out a single wascally wabbit.
But add another brick or two in the wall and, who knows?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

chryspano

Ridiculous! Even transferwise does better: They use the mid-market exchange rate (meaning no additional percentage fee slapped on) and have a low flat fee.  Right now I can send 1k Euros to the US and the recipient gets 1057.86 USD.  The flat fee is already included and was $4.98.

You're charging $10 a pop to use the service, then a 1% fee on top of that.  Who knows what exchange rate.  That's 4 times as expensive for the example given above.

Edit: 1% Fee doesn't apply to SEPA and SWIFT Transfers.  So 4 times as expensive is reduced to 2 times as expensive.

How much btc and bts will the recipient get if you sent him 1 btc and 1.000 bts with transferwise?

Also I don't think you are saying the whole truth about transwire fees, in most curencies they are much higher than what you claim
https://transferwise.com/pricing#?from=USD&to=EUR

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:47:23 pm by blahblah7up »

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Does this all mean that I can buy BTC at coinbase and then withdraw them to my friend's account in Europe for $10 fee? Is this correct?

You can buy BTC or any other supported coin anywhere you want and keep them in any wallet until you want to send them to a debit card or bank account via Remittio.  The conversion to Euros or Dollars occurs automagically enroute via ShapeShift (and/or eventually BlockTrades).  Costs about one ninth of what it takes to wire something via a bank without all the other delays they slap onto the process.  Shaves off several days to a week depending on which bank you have been using.

My question is can I cash out from BTC to somebody's else bank account? Exchanges do not allow this.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Does this all mean that I can buy BTC at coinbase and then withdraw them to my friend's account in Europe for $10 fee? Is this correct?

You can buy BTC or any other supported coin anywhere you want and keep them in any wallet until you want to send them to a debit card or bank account via Remittio.  The conversion to Euros or Dollars occurs automagically enroute via ShapeShift (and/or eventually BlockTrades).  Costs about one ninth of what it takes to wire something via a bank without all the other delays they slap onto the process.  Shaves off several days to a week depending on which bank you have been using.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
and bitshares & steem are not even listed on shapeshift any more. this is basically a non-news

Remittio is different from other services like Shapeshift because:

• You can load a debit card with your crypto with USD and EURO...
  • You can SEPA/SWIFT straight from 44 cryptos to 22 FIAT currencies to banks in 180 countries...
  • You will be able get a debit card issued directly from our mobile wallet q1 2017
  • Our mobile wallet will allow the debit loads and SEPA/SWIFT right from the application itself, no visiting the website.
  • Cut out several steps needed to convert crypto to fiat, as well as eliminate fees for wire xfers
  • You can convert BTS and Steem to CASH
  • We won an Angel's Choice award last year at Web Summit for potential to disrupt.
  • We want to help people by eliminating barriers for crypto (and bitshares smart coin/asset adoption and usage).

BitShares and Steemit are already integrated.  Shapeshift is just updating their website and inadvertently reverted to a previous list.  They are fixing it.

I appreciate your loyal support and positive outlook.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
so you either copied from  https://www.loaddebitcard.com/fees.php or you're just another interface for them?

@Stan What's the deal with Remittio and loaddebitcard.com?  The websites are exactly the same?

so here's what I found out after some googlign/asking on telegram

1. no new service, they bought loaddebitcard and rebranded
2. no bitshares/steem ramp at the moment, since shapeshift does not have them listed.
3. Blockpay refused to work with them
4. Michael Taggart (and probably Mark Lyford) are involved.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not look promising at all.

We needed a capability like this so we bought loaddebit, rebranded, and plan to build more stuff on it.
This is not claiming to be earthshaking news.

As I said in my Guy Fawkes Day post comments:  "All in all it's just another brick in the wall."
I'll leave it to the usual suspects to try to tear down that wall.
I'm  going back to work on more bricks.

:)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:47:58 pm by Stan »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
so you either copied from  https://www.loaddebitcard.com/fees.php or you're just another interface for them?

@Stan What's the deal with Remittio and loaddebitcard.com?  The websites are exactly the same?

so here's what I found out after some googlign/asking on telegram

1. no new service, they bought loaddebitcard and rebranded
2. no bitshares/steem ramp at the moment, since shapeshift does not have them listed.
3. Blockpay refused to work with them
4. Michael Taggart (and probably Mark Lyford) are involved.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not look promising at all.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
and bitshares & steem are not even listed on shapeshift any more. this is basically a non-news

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex