Author Topic: [CHA] Collecting suggestions  (Read 21613 times)

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Hi Don,
Please start sending MMCs to our MMC-accepting charities:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2659.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2643.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2637.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2357.0

Thanks

Hey don, nothing personal but you and Isaac holding all the funds and not donating a thing is very bad for the coin.
I'm going to give you 12 hours and if nothing happens by then I would offer my candidacy to be the charity officer.
I know it's a non-profit work but since you decided to run for the role, we really need you to function...

Same for you, Isaac - I've been in contact with Jason from Sean's Outpost. He will eventually open a wallet but it will take him time. We might publish a poll to see if the funds people elected for Sean's Outpost should be distributed to the other charities if Jason doesn't get back to me by Monday.

It would be much easier to market a coin with actual donations made and not "talks in the air".

PLEASE READ AND ACT.
Thanks

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
You as CHA and someone as CMO go 50/50 on hiring peace geeks and/or horizontality / another charity on an "mmc infrastructure" project - then it's a "public works" project...MMC from helicopters!

Just post a forum thread announcing it...if no one complains...
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
We need some "infrastructure development" community spending for all charities.
That was my initial suggestion in my CHA thread but I dont want to use CHA funds to create infrastructure. That's why I also set up an CMO candidacy. That's what the marketing dpt is for :)

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
We need some "infrastructure development" community spending for all charities.

Hire peace geeks to build on some of memorycoin.org or mmcwiki

Like, maybe add a FAQ saying "who exactly are each of these charities? Are they official, or what, if anyone can make an MVTEcha address? What does charity officer do, etc?"

Hopefully that's something we could move over to mmcpost once seraphim gets the basic site done - pay seraphim to work with peach geeks.
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

emre

Sell at these low prices and crash the market to be able to send some dollars to charities?

you can always use mmc/cny/btc path in order not to crash the market. it has a good volume and you know it.

What's your idea?

Do I need to have an idea? I don't remember applying for cha position. let me know If I did that. I can probably find a lot of charities to donate in 16 days.

FreeTrade just proposed sending some to the charities which applied with an own address, and I agree with him that this would be the best thing to do at the moment.

agreed. better than nothing.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:46:01 pm by emre »

Offline seraphim

That's what this thread is for - he's collecting suggestions on how to proceed.
Criticism is okay, but it should be constructive.

What's your idea? Sell at these low prices and crash the market to be able to send some dollars to charities?

FreeTrade just proposed sending some to the charities which applied with an own address, and I agree with him that this would be the best thing to do at the moment.
Meet you on STEEM

emre

Hi emre, you seem to be in rage. What's up?

Hi don,

you seem be to be doing nothing with your grants. (16 days already.) what's up?

I am just asking questions to our cha officer who is supposed to distribute his grants to charities.

Read again: 10k + 1 BTC ~ 13k MMC. Looks good to me.

that's a misunderstanding, sorry.

I used the CHA address to vote for my CTO address when I was not even elected as CHA.

checked the logs, vote transaction and your first election seems to be happened at the same day. what a coincidence.

anyways, I am not here to discuss this here right now.

We have cha grants for like ~10480 blocks. and nothing seems to be happened even though people who's elected as cha claim that they will distribute these grants.

This is the topic should be discussed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:52:45 pm by emre »

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
I think we should favour charities accepting MMC directly. I know there are two already - Spices and peace geeks. Both seem to be really good causes.
I don't think we should be trying to guess market timing with charity funds. Maybe you could donate the MMC to these charities and CMO could write an article about what's being done with the funds
+1
I'm working on Sean Outpost as well... As they have pending funds.
He already replied to my email twice but it seems like they're not into free donations  :-\
Very strange people.

Anyway, I'll try a different approach with some charities - The vanity gen approach is way too complicated for them, so I'll just ask them to download the wallet and send me the address...
This should work better

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I think we should favour charities accepting MMC directly. I know there are two already - Spices and peace geeks. Both seem to be really good causes.
I don't think we should be trying to guess market timing with charity funds. Maybe you could donate the MMC to these charities and CMO could write an article about what's being done with the funds
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
THis sounds like a misunderstanding. I hope you guys don't have a falling out over it.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
Hi emre, you seem to be in rage. What's up?

Current CHA funds: 0.9 BTC and 10186.2299639 MMC.

your total received salary: 9706.1880474 MMC so far. add 3k+ MMC to that (donation) you should have at least 12k MMC.

what happened to 2k MMC? do I calculate something wrong here?
Read again: 10k + 1 BTC ~ 13k MMC. Looks good to me.

CMO is the most active office right now, how exactly did you lost contact?
Being in lose contact does not mean I lost contact.

yes, this is how you should do it. pumping your cto account from cha grants was not the best decision you have made.

I didnt pump my CTO account. I'm not even running for CTO. I used the CHA address to vote for my CTO address when I was not even elected as CHA. This vote only showed up recently because of the 10k MMC on the CHA address. After you pointed me to this misbehaviour I removed the votes on all departments. Are you really angry about a candidate recieving 10k votes? Your position is far from being in danger.

In addition from removing the votes I now also removed 10k MMC from the CHA address to avoid voting for empty positions. Any further questions?

emre

Current CHA funds: 0.9 BTC and 10186.2299639 MMC.

your total received salary: 9706.1880474 MMC so far. add 3k+ MMC to that (donation) you should have at least 12k MMC.

what happened to 2k MMC? do I calculate something wrong here?

Actually I'm doing that and I'm in lose contact with the CMO department. As soon as I roll donations there will be news items available.

CMO is the most active office right now, how exactly did you lost contact?

In addition, I got approached by emre requesting me to stop using the CHA address for voting as I dont own the CHA funds and it is unethical to abuse the funds to make an impact on election results.UwaRep8xEyR

yes, this is how you should do it. pumping your cto account from cha grants was not the best decision you have made.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:54:06 pm by emre »

Offline 5chdn

• View Profile
    • Votesapp
Updates please.

Current CHA funds: 0.9 BTC and 10186.2299639 MMC. I've put the funds on hold as I'm watching the value going down. I still believe this coin is worth much more than the current market price therefore I'd like to hold and see how the markets develop. I've initially planned to make donations in 1 BTC batches, but considering the MMC/BTC market too thin for the MMC amount the Charity Award is holding the MMC and I'm considering other ways to donate.

There are two options mentioned currently, either dumping the MMC on the MMC/CNY market to exchange it to fiat without touching the BTC rate or to buy gold on Coaex. The gold-approach would limit my available charities too much to be honest. If there is anyone outthere who wants to invest BTC or LTC into MMC, please read this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2417.msg29740#msg29740

Updates please.

In addition, I got approached by emre requesting me to stop using the CHA address for voting as I dont own the CHA funds and it is unethical to abuse the funds to make an impact on election results. I don't agree with this statement on a full basis, but to avoid damaging the image of the Charity Award I decided to remove all votes done with the CHA address: http://mmcvotes.com/address/MVTEcha4La8HeNaewF4oaSFUwaRep8xEyR

It's easy to increase popularity. Watch the world news and find a cause. The only issue right now is popularity. Look at what that did to bitcoin.
Donate to the next world distaster that comes up to easily get onto worldwide television. We need the voices of bloggers and journalists.
Do some demographics and figure that guerilla marketing is the only viable option.
Actually I'm doing that and I'm in lose contact with the CMO department. As soon as I roll donations there will be news items available.

Request MMC miner writers to allow a % of your shares to be sent to a donation address to aid certain causes.
The voting address is MVTEcha4La8HeNaewF4oaSFUwaRep8xEyR and also available for charity donations. All funds addressed to that address go 100% into the charity award. I've already recived donations worth 3k+ MMC.

When there's no charity accepting MMC directly you could consider buying gold at coaex (stalemate may accept a discount for that purpose) to keep the coins out of exchanges for a while.
An example for a charity accepting gold is https://www.redcross.ch/de/gesundheit/augenmedizin/altgold-und-schmuck-spenden - 275 MMC enable them to do an eye cataract surgery.
If the BTC/MMC market stays thin and the prices are not rising in february I will consider this recommendation. Donating gold bought on Coaex is a good idea but not my favourite to be honest.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the suggestions.

If you read this thread the first time, you might want to read my initial posts about my charity award ideas: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1879.0

Offline seraphim

When there's no charity accepting MMC directly you could consider buying gold at coaex (stalemate may accept a discount for that purpose) to keep the coins out of exchanges for a while.
An example for a charity accepting gold is https://www.redcross.ch/de/gesundheit/augenmedizin/altgold-und-schmuck-spenden - 275 MMC enable them to do an eye cataract surgery.
Meet you on STEEM