Author Topic: BTS 2.0 was detected with 669 code securities issues by China research agency  (Read 7695 times)

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
BTS need this kind of security checks ,,,, if can solve all issues BTS will win a gold medal.

when bts has colectected some medals maybe someone have the enought security to deposit his money into BTS.

just devs saying bts is moar secure than whatever looks like isnt enought for investors use it.

New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
What about contact that agency and ask them for more data? There is a slight chance that they won't money for that.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Any details? Links? What re the concrete issues? What kind of issues have been found?

in Chinese , not usable to english users.

did not publish detailed info, just the amount of issues .

it did say issues of individual piece of cod are not necessary = bugs because issues of some lines of code may not be a issue in the whole collective program's operation for platform limitations, OS limitations , etc.

the detection tool uses standard method to check issues with API abuse, Memory Management, Time and State, Encapsulation , input processing ....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:02:39 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline svk

Any way for us to know what the actual issues were so they can be worked through and fixed?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Any details? Links? What re the concrete issues? What kind of issues have been found?

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
669 issues in main program.  (most medium danger level)
21 issues in bitshares-2-ui

though it's a static code issues check.

dogecoin with 282 issues .
EthereumJ 127 issues (most are high danger issues )
Ripple with 230 high danger issues.
BitShares0.x version:  1261 issues
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:48:47 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.