Author Topic: Recover from 18 word seed generated on Bitshares 1.0  (Read 2269 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I thought that the recovery keys are compatible ..
The original page should still be available on wallet.bitshares.org (@jcalfee1 - the SSL cert seems to be expired)

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
Sorry I cant help you neither with that, I suppose @xeroc  could.

Offline jonny

• View Profile
Thanks for your reply.

Download bitshares wallet 0.93c install and synchronize it and try to recover wallet from your brain key.
This is were I am not able to continue, I do not find any documentation about how I recover from my brain key in 0.93c, I have tried with both the GUI and command line client with. The blockchain is downloaded from bittorrent.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile
I am not tech guy but before somone come to rescue you, here try this.
If you can see your Bitshare 1.0 account name in Bitshares 2.0 then you have successfully recovered your wallet (I don't know is it possible), make new password and create backup of your wallet FIRST. Then skip first part and use second part of this guide. If not try this route.
First Part
Download bitshares wallet 0.93c install and synchronize it and try to recover wallet from your brain key.
If successful make new password and export your wallet, details about migration here:
http://docs.bitshares.eu/migration/
Import in Bitshares 2.0 Light wallet and unlock it using password you have created earlier.
Second part
If successful you will be able to see your account in Bishares 2.0. You will also see your account balance. Create backup of your wallet FIRST.
To claim unclaimed balances from merger you will need to do this. In the upper right corner you will see your account name and the arrow facing down. There you can find settings/wallet, scroll down and find lookup balances,
there you can find your unclaimed balances. Claim balances and you will have all your funds. 

Offline jonny

• View Profile
Hi, how do I recover from a 18 word seed made on the BitShares 1.0 version into BitShares 2.0?

I tried to use the recover from brainkey in the BitShares 2.0 client + clicked the button to check for unclaimed balances from BTS 1.0, but I only got an "No unclaimed balances found" message.

Thanks