Author Topic: bter.com suck and refuse to answer any support. Any other exchange?  (Read 3954 times)

Offline belltown

• View Profile
Most people have absolutely no issues with bter. So while you're resolving the problem with bter support you can just create a new account and trade MMC using the new account. Hopefully bter will help you with the old account issue, but it will probably take long, so use the new account for trading. Your chances are good that the new account will never ever have any issues.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:06:30 pm by belltown »
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
I did say I want to trade too! FWIW, we're buying a house, my wife is pregnant and as of today, I'm making a little income by trading/mining, so being able to trade MMC over this last week would have seen me change 300mmc into about 420mmc, the slump was visible from a mile away and helped massively ;) my point being there will come a time when I am going to sell some of my MMC shares as property renovation isn't a cheap game.

Why should you care? Because I am mining, I want to trade and my voice in the community should carry some weight as much as the next miner.

I ask about what is being done by MMC staff as e.g 42Coin was added to Cryptsy quickly, so EAC less so but that was also done, along with other coins. What can you do about it other than contact the exchange? Promote MMC as a fantastic coin to mine, given it can be done on a standard PC without any real drama. Encourage other MMC members to vote for it to be added to Cryptsy/coinedup/etc etc the list goes on.
Sell to other people directly and use escrow.

Miners don't have a huge voice here though, they don't do all that much for the coin
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline seraphim

Sorry for my harsh reply, guess I interpreted too much into your op.

You can be assured that the staff is working on that (not my department, but marketing and executive) - doesn't make lots of sense to post news when there aren't any.
They will definitely post here when something is moving, and add a blog entry when MMC is added to another exchange.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Have you ever tried to pay a plasterer with gold bar? ;) haha!

I will consider you though, your rates seem to be a little better since last time i checked.

Yeah, I learned to use MS Excel 2010! just kidding..
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline jtonthebike

• View Profile
Yeah, you probably could have made some profits by trading - but pump & dumpers are not what's bringing a coin forward.

Our mission right now is to create a healthy ecosystem for the coin, making it accessible for everyone and finding use cases apart from trading for profits.

bter works fine and has a volume of several thousands of coins each day. They're a bit slow with support, what I also learned when I asked them to change the homepage to our official one a while ago, but apart from that they're a solid exchange. There's not more problems with bter than with cryptsy.

Of course we also want to see MMC on other exchanges, to reach wider adoption and a broader market.
There is a vote on cryptsy (which isn't getting the attention that other votes there get), and of course everyone is encouraged to participate. You probably voted there already, so not much more to do for all of us. The biggest part of the market is in china currently, so I can understand that cryptsy prefers adding coins which are more popular in the states.

- note: everything written here is just my opinion, no official statement -

I don't have the volume to 'pump and dump' but I would like to trade, as I am sure others would. Given I get a support reply within a few days from btc-e.com / cryptsy, trading those platforms makes more sense to me.

I'm not asking you to hand-hold me, I'm asking if there's news on getting involved with other exchanges. Reading between the lines perhaps, a 'news' section article may be of some help with people like me who can see the new miner s/w available (thanks, works well) but little in terms of the marketing and promotion aspect of the coin.

thanks thus far.

Offline jtonthebike

• View Profile
Sorry guys, not to make an advertisement here but that's why I have opened Coaex.
If you would like to turn MMC into quick cash, you can buy gold and exchange in your local gold market. However, the delivery may take up to 2 weeks on average.
I'm trying to keep the prices fair and with low profit margin.

Pros & Cons together
- You can profit from gold and MMC moves.
- Can turn MMC into cash in 2 weeks on average.
- You can only lose if MMC and gold prices drops in the same time but it seems MMC/Gold pair is like a hedge funding.
- You may benefit from being our first customers! (special offers, discounts)
- You support a newbie developer that will provide you more options in the future.

Have you ever tried to pay a plasterer with gold bar? ;) haha!

I will consider you though, your rates seem to be a little better since last time i checked.

Offline seraphim

Yeah, you probably could have made some profits by trading - but pump & dumpers are not what's bringing a coin forward.

Our mission right now is to create a healthy ecosystem for the coin, making it accessible for everyone and finding use cases apart from trading for profits.

bter works fine and has a volume of several thousands of coins each day. They're a bit slow with support, what I also learned when I asked them to change the homepage to our official one a while ago, but apart from that they're a solid exchange. There's not more problems with bter than with cryptsy.

Of course we also want to see MMC on other exchanges, to reach wider adoption and a broader market.
There is a vote on cryptsy (which isn't getting the attention that other votes there get), and of course everyone is encouraged to participate. You probably voted there already, so not much more to do for all of us. The biggest part of the market is in china currently, so I can understand that cryptsy prefers adding coins which are more popular in the states.

- note: everything written here is just my opinion, no official statement -
Meet you on STEEM

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
>Question of the day: why should the elected staff care about someone who wants to dump his coins? Our task is to raise value for holders.

Liquidity raises value as it promotes confidence. It's absolutely our concern that MMC trades easily on the market so that everyone can be confident that its trading at the right price and they can buy and sell it without issue.

Exchanges respond to their user's demand. We're doing our best to raise demand and to distribute supply so that the maximum number of users want to trade in MemoryCoin. There's huge momentum behind MemoryCoin, and I'm in contact with a number of new exchanges.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Sorry guys, not to make an advertisement here but that's why I have opened Coaex.
If you would like to turn MMC into quick cash, you can buy gold and exchange in your local gold market. However, the delivery may take up to 2 weeks on average.
I'm trying to keep the prices fair and with low profit margin.

Pros & Cons together
- You can profit from gold and MMC moves.
- Can turn MMC into cash in 2 weeks on average.
- You can only lose if MMC and gold prices drops in the same time but it seems MMC/Gold pair is like a hedge funding.
- You may benefit from being our first customers! (special offers, discounts)
- You support a newbie developer that will provide you more options in the future.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:39:25 pm by stalemate »
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline jtonthebike

• View Profile
I did say I want to trade too! FWIW, we're buying a house, my wife is pregnant and as of today, I'm making a little income by trading/mining, so being able to trade MMC over this last week would have seen me change 300mmc into about 420mmc, the slump was visible from a mile away and helped massively ;) my point being there will come a time when I am going to sell some of my MMC shares as property renovation isn't a cheap game.

Why should you care? Because I am mining, I want to trade and my voice in the community should carry some weight as much as the next miner.

I ask about what is being done by MMC staff as e.g 42Coin was added to Cryptsy quickly, so EAC less so but that was also done, along with other coins. What can you do about it other than contact the exchange? Promote MMC as a fantastic coin to mine, given it can be done on a standard PC without any real drama. Encourage other MMC members to vote for it to be added to Cryptsy/coinedup/etc etc the list goes on.

Offline seraphim

Question of the day: why should the elected staff care about someone who wants to dump his coins? Our task is to raise value for holders.

More polite answer: several exchanges have been contacted, but it's up to them to add MMC, nothing we could do about it
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:17:44 pm by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline FaSan

• View Profile
They had answer to me after two week, about a withdraw issue. I think they will answer you too, maybe you have to wait only.

FaSan

Offline jtonthebike

• View Profile
Hi,

As per the title really, I'm currently mining a steady 40mmc a day (not too shabby for a desktop PC huh!) and would dearly love to trade and in turn exchange my mmc for btc at some point. Other than the handful of votes for getting mmc on cryptsy, is there any other method? i'd rather not trade with another person as there are too many common thieves out there.

What is being done to promote MMC to more commonly used exchanges given the recently elected staff?