Author Topic: CENTZ CROWDSALE - Billion dollar giftcard industry on the blockchain  (Read 11088 times)

Offline ccedk_pro

• OpenLedger. Blockchain powered. People driven.
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger DEX
DO GIFTCARDS MAKE CENTZ?

Do you have unspent gift cards? Are you still worried about the remaining balance in gift cards that cannot be used totally? Gift cards are the most popular form of a prepaid product sold in the USA. In 2016 alone, $160 billion dollars of gift cards in the United States, and $750 billion worldwide, have been sold, and up to 20% of them have never be redeemed. Centz, based in Denmark is the first company to leverage and apply blockchain technology to fundamentally change the gift card industry forever.

Centz’s creation of a universal gift card registry will be blockchain based and represent a chance to reimagine existing businesses, and create new business opportunities. This is where not only the identity of each gift card holder will be registered, but also where every gift card, reward and loyalty credit will be placed, onto the Centz mobile wallet.

However, the recent explosion in the use of gift cards has created a situation where millions of people have multiple unused gift cards with fractional balances that now sit abandoned and unused in homes all around the world.

According to a Blackhawk Network survey, 53% of shoppers receive cards and forget about them and 26% of shoppers receive cards for a retailer, restaurant or other merchant that they don’t frequent. 97% of those with unused gift cards had up to 10 unused gift card.

The surge in gift card purchases has proved hugely profitable for the retailers that issue them and the Credit CARD Act did not do much to address what happens when the less than the face value of a gift card is used and then the fractional balance sit in the junk drawer in perpetuity.

Jon Bricken, CEO of CENTZ, says, “What is interesting is that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) allows companies to take unused gift-card money as income (breakage) once they can reasonably say the card won’t be redeemed, but there’s no set time limit. Many consumers do not use gift cards that they are given, resulting in unexercised customer rights, commonly known as breakage. We are giving the money back to the intended recipient.”

Bricken continued, “Retailers have recognized that it is increasingly to their benefit to sell more and more gift cards as up to 20% will never be redeemed and subsequently those unused funds can flow directly to the bottom line without having to deliver any goods or services.”

Ronny Boesing, CEO of OpenLedger agrees that Centz has found an ingenious solution to a genius system, stating, “Centz understands this as an opportunity to unlock or decouple these funds and turn them into universal forms of currency transfer and or payment worldwide. We believe this business model will give Centz the ability to unlock a large portion of this huge, multi billion-dollar market.”

The ITO for Centz will be announced shortly. Stay tuned.
OpenLedger - Truly decentralized crypto trading platform for novice and professional traders

Offline ccedk_pro

• View Profile
    • OpenLedger DEX
It just makes CENTZ!

Centz has designed a completely new business model by integrating unique patent pending features into our platform that solves the industry problems from end-to-end. This provides a positive and fun experience that focuses solely on our consumers. Centz’s business model bridges the gaps between consumer desire and the reality of gift card usage and redefines the gift card marketplace, making the gift card experience revolutionary, seamless, safe and easy.

Hear more about Centz & Centz's ICO on Beyond Bitcoin #191 (2nd Segment) HERE

Follow Centz on Socials:
Facebook
Twitter
OpenLedger - Truly decentralized crypto trading platform for novice and professional traders

Offline ccedk_pro

• View Profile
    • OpenLedger DEX
Centz Crowdsale Date has been changed to March 31st

As OpenLedger has managed to get a good amount of extra partners involved and to allow them all to benefit of the time to introduce US based Centz to their network, it has been decided to move the start date of the Centz token crowdsale to March 31st 2017. The partners will be announced step by step in coming weeks.

OpenLedger Investments ApS will be the inital beneficiary of all funds collected in this crowdsale and will make sure in co-operation with the designated escrow partners that funds released for Centz is happening according to set milestones.

OpenLedger Investments ApS as offical and lead investor into Centz will have equity in the company Centz and all investors having joined the Centz crowdsale will have an equivalent access to all as well as the revenues on the base of dividend so called token drop via the token CNTZ issued and distributed on OpenLedger and its BItShares network.  

OpenLedger Aps and its decentralized ecosystems will receive payment for the handling and operation of the ITO (Initial Token Offering) of which the asset holders ICOO will benefit receiving an approximate 3% of total amount crowdfunded as part of the revenue distribution. This future revenue will hopefully be the second significant indicator of the value of the future ICOO.

Since another estimated 1,5% will be used on OBITS and BTSR, Centz will be the second proof of value based on the incorporated crossmarketing features involving the entire OpenLedger DC.

Finally all Centz investors including OpenLedger Investments will receive an option to buy into OpenLedger revenues via the official token of the OpenLedger DC called OBITS in the form of a warrant. This warrant as well as the token CNTZ is to be distributed and possibly traded from second week of crowdsale.

I hope you will all enjoy and take part in these projects as part of building proof of work almost, of a Crowdfunding platform expected to launch finally last quarter of 2017, however, using the tools, solutions, network and partners to roll out one proof after the other in coming months allowing me to think we are about to present something special and unique not offered by anyone, anywhere in the world.

End goal here is to allow a Crowdfunding solution involving consumers, investors, developers and startups to enjoy great results on the base of digital leadership through a decentralized conglomerate of ecosystems.

Centz team and Ronny Boesing, CEO, OpenLedger ApS

Follow Centz on Socials:
Facebook
Twitter

Offline mea123

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mea123

9.  Original investors start selling SCAM.UIA because there was no initial pop and barely any buy orders on the books.
10.  All of a sudden the trading book for SCAM.UIA is loaded with sells with hardly any buy orders.
11.  This leads to steady sell pressure on SCAM.UIA.  Many of these investors who are selling SCAM.UIA have no interest of being in the BTS ecosystem, holding BTS, or using the DEX.
12.  What are these uninterested investors who just received BTS for their SCAM.UIA going to do??? That's right! SELL THEIR NEWLY ACQUIRED BTS!
13.  What do they sell it for??? bitcoin, ethereum, or fiat.
14.  What does selling BTS for fiat do to the price of BTS?? Causes it to decline.
@lil_jay890 Thanks for the write up, having read it I think you have a point. I was critical because it seemed as if the ability in Bitshares to issue ICO tokens would always be negative for the BTS price. There is another side to it too though: If the UIA would be undervalued after the IPO, all after-IPO investors would need to buy BTS in order to buy the UIA which would be good for the BTS price.

Also there is the effect of a generally bearish or bullish BTS market. A bearish BTS market would make those that sold their ICO token for BTS, sell their BTS for Bitcoin like you said. If it's bullish though, holding BTS would be encouraged.

Overall I we can conclude:
(-) Creating downward pressure on BTS price: Overpriced ICO, General bearish BTS market.
(+) Creating upward pressure on BTS price: Underpriced ICO, General bullish BTS market.
(+ -) If there is one negative and one positive factor they cancel each other out.

If we could encourage trading in BTC or Open.BTC and leave BTS for fees, platform operations (issue account/ assets etc) and smart coin trading and issuance / collateral do you think the net result would be positive for the price of BTS.
I think that wouldn't help too much - as long as BTS (as opposed to open.btc) has the highest liquidity on external exchanges vs BTC -  since the ICO investor who wants to get back to BTC or fiat will sell BTS on external exchanges.

What would help is if ICOs would not have these ridiculous valuations which bring them close to being a scam. The only solution I see is to have ICOs that don't set valuations of their token market cap, but have a price discovery, there are two options I know of:
1) Either dividing all ICO tokens among all investors
2) Or the AGS model where 1/200th of the tokens sold are distributed among all investors who sent money on day 1 of 200 days. The same on day 2 and 3 etc...

So, there may actually be a conflict of interests since Openledger wants to maximize the token market cap/valuation of their customer's (Centz) ICO while it would be good for the BTS price to have the opposite.

So here's the rub... Have you ever seen an ICO undervalue itself?  I haven't.  Like you say most valuations are completely insane.

I agree that if BTS was in a bull market and UIA's were being issued undervalued, we would see general price appreciation in BTS.   Problem is 99% of ICO's are overvalued.  Until something is done to limit the UIA's creator ability to suck liquidity and value out of the system, the bearish circle will stay in place.  Hence every BTS price rise being sold.

agree, we have the best evidence in our portfolios, CENTZ is overpriced even so I think its a interesting concept I would wait after the ICO has settled

Offline mea123

• View Profile

I agree most of the ICOs are way overpriced but nobody is forcing anyone to buy in and everyone should do their own due dilligence.

due diligence about something like this, lets see: e.g. CENTZ what can I find out about CENTZ, nothing they only have a plan, if you participate in e.g. FaceBook IPO you knew they had 1 billion user already, before going public
what is CENTZ , a paper company, its the same what happened with the .COM IPOs in years up to 2000 they had no revenue they only had a "I wish.com" name and willing investors with an imagination.
Hype was all over Wallsteet
from 100% IPOs, about 99% did not even made it past one year.

that said due diligence  is almost impossible because most offerings have nothing to compared to begin with..so whats left is imagination.

IMHO its up to the Issuer to make right decisions and investors have to rely on them, they can be wrong as they also dont have a crystal ball, but they at least are in close contact to the developer..so I hope OBITS makes the right assessments, more often than not
Its all about integrity, without it, you go down sooner or later..to much competition to take your place..

Again my two centz

Offline mea123

• View Profile
If we could encourage trading in BTC or Open.BTC and leave BTS for fees, platform operations (issue account/ assets etc) and smart coin trading and issuance / collateral do you think the net result would be positive for the price of BTS.

Any ideas how we could accomplish something like this?

One of the great benefits of Bitshares is being able to start a project and allow trading instantly without any troubles of getting listed on a EX etc. Seems if we had less liquidity on the DEX for BTS this would actually be a good thing.

Do you think Projects like Bitgate and Bitkapital could help in this regard by means of their gateway service, converting users fiat into Bitcoin on the platform; providing higher amounts of wealth stored in BTC and increasing the number of new investors.

perhaps to the dislike of some, like "santaclause102" and perhaps others as well, I do have to agree a whole lot with >lil_jay890<, I also raised this issue myself, and as I am a investor in various different Tokens , I realized that each and every one is about 50% or more less than what I  paid for, this is not a complained but a recognition of realization. I for consider myself  an investor, not a trader in UIAs , with this said I was hoping to increase some in value and some not, thats what investors have to face, but with obvious mentioned reason I made the mistake to buy in ICOs , did not do due diligence so it my fault, but if this is being the case in the future , I doubt OBITS will become a  household name, because people not only become aware of this problem in this very forum, but the media will eventually catch up and as we know, can/ will have a devastating effect for the future of ICO's and therefor everything involved in it, I might be wrong, but I did business in my entire  live and the bad always trumps the good news..thats a fact..that said I for myself will not invest any good money in overvalued ICOs , but if I am interested I would wait until the sell of to grab my shares and this strategy looks more obvious to this day until I am proven wrong, I am not very savvy in crypto and understanding a lot about it, but I know trading and biz, and the basics will never change, still I will be in for the long hall and see whats going on, but the facts lil_jay890 mentioned are undeniable, one like it or not, numbers dont lie ( BTW: SANTA what you think when EURO shares are sold and USD shares bought instead , what would happen to the EURO, right the EURO would go down ..you agree with this??) that might be a reason why BTS is not rising like the sun, or BTC   just my two centz

Offline ccedk_pro

• View Profile
    • OpenLedger DEX
Our new article about Centz and Gift Card Market

Centz — Use all your giftcards like never before
One of Centz’s long term goals is to forge Gold Bucks into a stand-alone cryptocurrency that will be traded as an valuable asset itself while being utilized for all kinds of stored value transfers.

To reach that pivot point, Centz is constructing the most efficient gift card registration and trading platform in the world.
Registering all individual identities and gift card balances on the blockchain eliminates the biggest problems and restrictions for the safe and secure use of gift cards. Concurrently, Centz will disrupt the gift card market leveraging the blockchain to generate revenue in ways that have never been done before.

Blockchain technology allows Centz to deliver cutting edge security to totally eliminate fraud and money laundering. Similar to credit cards, the % of fraudulent activity is on the rise which ruins the shopping experience for all. Our proprietary blockchain solutions will be adopted by the retail industry once breakage is eliminated. Partnering with Centz is the only way that the industry can “make up” for the lost funds of breakage.
Currently the industry pays 4 ½% to both the issuer and seller of gift cards. Centz will provide both of these functions together more efficiently and at lower cost by issuing totally safe egift cards securely locked on to our blockchain.

As the shift to online, storage, sales and delivery of egift cards increases, the Centz wallet will become the only option which combines gift, reward, loyalty and coupon credits in one place, so they are always available for immediate use.

Centz’s vision is one where we see the true potential of gift cards by combining the use of the blockchain, which will enable Centz to revolutionize the payment industry in ways that are unimagined today by this sleepy and forgotten industry.

Read the full artcile here: https://medium.com/@openledger/centz-gift-cards-and-the-blockchain-2b96e7af94c3#.bn5db3s0a

Before the start of Centz's crowdsale get more info about  "Early Bird" offer here:
Centz "Early Bird" special offer

Follow Centz on Socials:
Facebook
Twitter
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:03:28 pm by ccedk_pro »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:51:57 pm by santaclause102 »

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

I agree most of the ICOs are way overpriced but nobody is forcing anyone to buy in and everyone should do their own due dilligence.

I think it would be better for the ICO to be done in OPEN.BTC for 2 reasons.
1.) ronny makes more money on OPEN.BTC trades (0.2%)
2.) BTC is a well understood liquid market

But at the end of the day its up to ronny to do whatever he likes.

We can't blame free market traders for BTS price not going up.

This.

And that!  +5%
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

This.

Offline Geneko

• View Profile

Lets try this again...

These 14 steps have happened with the majority of the UIA's issued on the BTS platform.  Unless a UIA creator starts making a profit and buys back bts on the open market with his fiat profit, he has in essence taken energy out of the system.  The UIA creators, especially the big ones that raise a ton of money, put an incredible amount of stress on the tiny amount of traders who use the DEX.  If the UIA is going to stay profitable the DEX traders need to provide buy support.  Problem is there is not enough traders with excess capital to provide this support.     

Thank you for bringing this issue out of fog.
The problem with UIAa-s is that there is no actual collateral.
The initial investments, which is value given, totaly buypasses Bishares platform.
They dont bring value to the system, they only take the value out of system. This insight was vague for me.
In return investors only get tricky tokens created out of thin air. But investors assumption is that the tokens are somehow collaterized on Bitshares platform, which are clearly not.
Since everyone, with good story, could give in return out of thin air, the confidence in whole Bitshares system depens on REGULATION of UIAs.
We cant rely on assaption that everyone should do is own due diligance. It is big mistake, whole system is built on trust, not on due diligance. It MUST be done more then that.

One of simple solutions could be to remove BTS token out of equity. Introduce "new kind" of UIA that are backed by actual BTS collateral. Those only should be traded for BTS, all others should only be traded by other collateralize coins. Everyone who wants to take value out of system should bring the value first.

This "small change" would mean huge difference.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

9.  Original investors start selling SCAM.UIA because there was no initial pop and barely any buy orders on the books.
10.  All of a sudden the trading book for SCAM.UIA is loaded with sells with hardly any buy orders.
11.  This leads to steady sell pressure on SCAM.UIA.  Many of these investors who are selling SCAM.UIA have no interest of being in the BTS ecosystem, holding BTS, or using the DEX.
12.  What are these uninterested investors who just received BTS for their SCAM.UIA going to do??? That's right! SELL THEIR NEWLY ACQUIRED BTS!
14.  What does selling BTS for fiat do to the price of BTS?? Causes it to decline.
@lil_jay890 Thanks for the write up, having read it I think you have a point. I was critical because it seemed as if the ability in Bitshares to issue ICO tokens would always be negative for the BTS price. There is another side to it too though: If the UIA would be undervalued after the IPO, all after-IPO investors would need to buy BTS in order to buy the UIA which would be good for the BTS price.

Also there is the effect of a generally bearish or bullish BTS market. A bearish BTS market would make those that sold their ICO token for BTS, sell their BTS for Bitcoin like you said. If it's bullish though, holding BTS would be encouraged.

(-) Creating downward pressure on BTS price: Overpriced ICO, General bearish BTS market.
(+) Creating upward pressure on BTS price: Underpriced ICO, General bullish BTS market.
(+ -) If there is one negative and one positive factor they cancel each other out.

I think that wouldn't help too much - as long as BTS (as opposed to open.btc) has the highest liquidity on external exchanges vs BTC -  since the ICO investor who wants to get back to BTC or fiat will sell BTS on external exchanges.

What would help is if ICOs would not have these ridiculous valuations which bring them close to being a scam. The only solution I see is to have ICOs that don't set valuations of their token market cap, but have a price discovery, there are two options I know of:
2) Or the AGS model where 1/200th of the tokens sold are distributed among all investors who sent money on day 1 of 200 days. The same on day 2 and 3 etc...

So, there may actually be a conflict of interests since Openledger wants to maximize the token market cap/valuation of their customer's (Centz) ICO while it would be good for the BTS price to have the opposite.

So here's the rub... Have you ever seen an ICO undervalue itself?  I haven't.  Like you say most valuations are completely insane.

I agree that if BTS was in a bull market and UIA's were being issued undervalued, we would see general price appreciation in BTS.   Problem is 99% of ICO's are overvalued.  Until something is done to limit the UIA's creator ability to suck liquidity and value out of the system, the bearish circle will stay in place.  Hence every BTS price rise being sold.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin

I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:29:59 pm by santaclause102 »

Offline GChicken

• View Profile

Any ideas how we could accomplish something like this?

One of the great benefits of Bitshares is being able to start a project and allow trading instantly without any troubles of getting listed on a EX etc. Seems if we had less liquidity on the DEX for BTS this would actually be a good thing.

Do you think Projects like Bitgate and Bitkapital could help in this regard by means of their gateway service, converting users fiat into Bitcoin on the platform; providing higher amounts of wealth stored in BTC and increasing the number of new investors.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:34:57 am by GChicken »