Author Topic: MMCPOST - Community Project Plan  (Read 2891 times)

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
It's just that "bounty" is not the right word for mmc - we have kinda the opposite "do first, fund after" approach.

If you think of a vote in terms of game theory as "intent to move" (funds), we can basically do a proposal / bid / pledge system.  Users could move funds to an address, and vote for a task address as a "pledge" to pay. 

No guarantee you'll receive any pledges, especially if you don't show any progress, and would depend on address trust value (e.g., Officer, etc), but basically honor system crowd funding...

E.g.,:

1. Publish a working open source mining pool using getwork protocol.
Charity:  5,000 MMC
Pledge Address: Mxxxxxxxxxx

Transfer donation amount to new wallet and send 1 MMC Satoshi to Mxxxxxxxxxx to pledge donations upon completion.

You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Bounties do have a place. Where there's a well defined project of limited scope, or an intractable bug, bounties can work well. However, a lot of the projects we want to support aren't like that.  Often we're trying to encourage not just development, but on-going code maintenance and service provision.

I've looked at, and participated in the bounty incentives that 3I is setting up. I can understand the theory behind it, but ultimately I found it to be a demotivating and dehumanizing process as it reduces people to 'units of production' chasing carrots. I don't think it's the best way to motivate and energize highly skilled, highly creative talent.

I think a better model is to make clear the kind of projects we're interested in supporting, and then to recognize and generously reward people who create value.  It requires trust and diligence, but wastes a lot less effort and feels better from both ends when done well. I think it has the benefit of attracting people who have an interest in the projects and who are therefore more likely to create long-term value.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Seraphim, Isaac, and I are working on developing MMCPost.com and would like input from the community on features / etc.  Distributed project management is somewhat tricky, and distributed autonomous project management is, well...

So the first item is getting community input on general project structure.  There's tons of management systems out there, so parts should be familiar to some, or some may be used to other terminology, etc.  This would be overkill for most small or quick tasks, but MMC may have more and larger projects in the future....

Community Project Plan

The team will have its own development site for brainstorming, and will maintain on-site forum threads as shown below.  The first thread is for general management / status update advice and comments.  A second "procurement" thread will be for general description, site features, and community requests - goals, requirements, etc.  The third would be a "development" thread to outline technical details site implementation, and community technical input or advice.

The difference is difficult to describe without seeing an example, but we'll update and adapt as we go along.

• Community Project Plan - Project description
  • Community Procurement Specification - Feature requests and site requirements
  • Community Development Specification - Site specification and implementation
We need a dedicated site, where users also have the ability to securely trade. We are looking into legal issues re: escrow
The team will have three lead volunteers.  The Project Manager for execution and overall project coordination.  The Community Manager for procurement management and site review.  The Community Developer for technical lead and overall site implementation.

I've volunteered team members for those positions as follows:

• Project Manager - isaacgoldbourne
  • Community Manager - MaxPWR
  • Community Developer - Seraphim

Please provide any comments on project structure / terminology / etc.
I should have the "Procurement" thread written-up shortly.

Can you not do all of that here?
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
As the community grows, it may become a bit crowded.  We could implement the basic organization features on top of this forum, but a new community sandbox would give us more room to play with networking and SEO applications, person-to-person trades, trust metrics, etc.

We'll figure it out as we go.  Think of it as applied research and development.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Seraphim, Isaac, and I are working on developing MMCPost.com and would like input from the community on features / etc.  Distributed project management is somewhat tricky, and distributed autonomous project management is, well...

So the first item is getting community input on general project structure.  There's tons of management systems out there, so parts should be familiar to some, or some may be used to other terminology, etc.  This would be overkill for most small or quick tasks, but MMC may have more and larger projects in the future....

Community Project Plan

The team will have its own development site for brainstorming, and will maintain on-site forum threads as shown below.  The first thread is for general management / status update advice and comments.  A second "procurement" thread will be for general description, site features, and community requests - goals, requirements, etc.  The third would be a "development" thread to outline technical details site implementation, and community technical input or advice.

The difference is difficult to describe without seeing an example, but we'll update and adapt as we go along.

The team will have three lead volunteers.  The Project Manager for execution and overall project coordination.  The Community Manager for procurement management and site review.  The Community Developer for technical lead and overall site implementation.

Can you not do all of that here?

Offline andhar

• Board Moderator
  • *BOH!*
    • View Profile
Looking good!

Look forward to see this in action, great job!

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant

Community Project Plan