Author Topic: Keyhotee wallet and support for altcoins  (Read 2691 times)

Offline bytemaster

Just so I understand, the Bitcoin, Protoshares and Litecoin wallets that exist in the Keehotee client but not supported at this time, once they are online I will be able to store coins in the wallet?
And the wallets will exists in the encrypted Keehotee environment thus free from any fear that the coins could be stolen by malware etc? Is this a correct statement?
Thanks

No, the security of your coins will depend upon the security of Bitcoin-Qt and Alt-Qt wallets which will provide the backend for all wallets.  The security provided by Keyhotee will be in increasing your privacy and eliminating the need to exchange BTC addresses to send money to people.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline TsonicTsunami

• View Profile
Just so I understand, the Bitcoin, Protoshares and Litecoin wallets that exist in the Keehotee client but not supported at this time, once they are online I will be able to store coins in the wallet?
And the wallets will exists in the encrypted Keehotee environment thus free from any fear that the coins could be stolen by malware etc? Is this a correct statement?
Thanks

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
+1 subscribing.

That's an interesting question. Since Keyhotee is open source I guess everyone could add his own coin using a pull request on github.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Just importing a wallet.dat would not yield a functional blockchain.  Hopefully it will be modular so people can basically add additional alts as plugins though.

Offline Talos

• View Profile
How will it be decided which alt coins are supported? Or will you be able to import any standard wallet.dat?