Author Topic: The real difference between AGS and PTS  (Read 15972 times)

Offline slacking

• View Profile
Yes, suppose two DAC's come out that do the same thing and one honors PTS holders and one doesn't....which do you think will be more popular?

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Thanks!
Did you mean that
is a much more profitable way into BitsharesX. However, for future DAC
with respect to future non invictus DACS ? And why?

I meant I3 DACs or I3 affiliated (who use I3 copyrighted code). But as I said in the next post if you see the number of DACs gained per unit BTC, AGS still remains more profitable.

Non I3 DACs apparently should honour only PTS, but I see no compelling argument for them to do so.

It can be a form of advertisement, offer a small bonus to PTS holders, and get them on board. Kinda like all the forum giveaways, except there's no need for someone to manually give away small amounts of coins, it's become automatic if you hold PTS.

sumantso

Thanks!
Did you mean that

I meant I3 DACs or I3 affiliated (who use I3 copyrighted code). But as I said in the next post if you see the number of DACs gained per unit BTC, AGS still remains more profitable.

Non I3 DACs apparently should honour only PTS, but I see no compelling argument for them to do so.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Thanks!
Did you mean that

Offline 5chdn

• i wonder how many chars i can put in this field 50
    • View Profile
    • Votesapp
  • GitHub: 5chdn
where is the place where you can see how many ags you get for 1pts/btc again?
And right now how many

http://agsexplorer.com/

sumantso

Both AGS and PTS will give you BitsharesX (at 50/50) and all future I3 or I3 copyrighted DACs (at least 10/10). Bytemaster has said the next DACs after BitsharesX may also award 50/50.

If BitsharesX is released within May, 1 AGS will give you more BitsharesX than 1 PTS. Its likely it will be released much earlier, in which case AGS is a much more profitable way into BitsharesX. However, for future DACs, PTS is likely to be more profitable. Then, theres also the fact that PTS is liquid.

Bytemaster thinks that some alpha version will be available in early February. Once that happens, I guess the AGS donations will shoot up (it has been dropping over the past few days).

why should PTS be more profitable for future dacs?
PTS will shoot up equally in feb then though :)
And right now how many

1> After 150 days (roughly), the AGS distributed will catch up with PTS. Then, it will overtake, so there will be more AGS than PTS (and it will stay that way untill all PTS are mined). Since AGS are cheaper than PTS, I guess you can say that AGS will remain more profitable/unit BTC spent.

2> It will, but early release means you get more BitsharesX per AGS than PTS. Currently, since you are getting more than 1 AGS/ 1 PTS anyways, its much more profitable. Assuming it releases in another 3 months (I am hoping it will be earlier), then you will get 2 BitsharesX/AGS but only some 1.33 BitsharesX/PTS.

3> http://www1.agsexplorer.com/  For some reason the AGS price has dropped even wrt PTS, so I guess it is the best time to get a few. Till date, on an average, AGS has been 1.8 AGS/PTS.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Both AGS and PTS will give you BitsharesX (at 50/50) and all future I3 or I3 copyrighted DACs (at least 10/10). Bytemaster has said the next DACs after BitsharesX may also award 50/50.

If BitsharesX is released within May, 1 AGS will give you more BitsharesX than 1 PTS. Its likely it will be released much earlier, in which case AGS is a much more profitable way into BitsharesX. However, for future DACs, PTS is likely to be more profitable. Then, theres also the fact that PTS is liquid.

Bytemaster thinks that some alpha version will be available in early February. Once that happens, I guess the AGS donations will shoot up (it has been dropping over the past few days).

why should PTS be more profitable for future dacs?
PTS will shoot up equally in feb then though :)
And right now how many

sumantso

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:39:57 am by sumantso »

Offline Talos

• View Profile
What I wasn't sure about exactly was all the derived assets:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1696.0
What is the exact difference with PTS and AGS holders in relation to the blockchains for BitsharesX?