Author Topic: [Witness Proposal] Joining in as BitShares Witness as "sc-ol"  (Read 8315 times)

Offline startail

Signing on as a BitShares Witness

It's been about a month since I joined the group of witnesses for Steemit, and today I will take another step of signing on as a witness for BitShares.

Ever since I first started to use BitShares, which was shortly after I started to use Steemit, I have enjoyed every minute of it. This open market where you can trade openly without the risk of your assets is a groundbreaking and highly undervalued system.

The main reason I join in as a witness is because I wish to contribute to this wonderful system. Witnesses are conduits between the chain and the many users, it's our responsibility not only to make sure it runs smoothly but also to speak up when it doesn't for the users. We should listen in on the pace of the users on it.

My Steemit Witness Progress
My witness progress on Steem has been very successful so far and I keep witnessing about 10-12 block each day. My setup has been working very well with only two missed blocks so far, one being because I made a typo when I started, the second was a very temporary issue of network connection. All in all a pretty decent four weeks so far. Read My Steemit Witness Intent Post

Why me?
I'm an active member of the Gridcoin community and have been running the official blockexplorer for almost a year soon. As I said before I'm also an active witness for Steem and try to the best of my abilities to read up and keep track of changes and updates to the network and read up on the users expectations and wishes. I have my standard and wishes on how things should work, but it's also my obligation to assess the users needs and wishes. I frequently join the Beyond Bitcoin, BitShares and Gridcoin Mumble Hangouts and will do so in the future as well, which is a great place for updates and communication.

I have over 15 years of experience of running servers with various types of applications, this is nothing new to me and I'm quite diverse in ways to make sure things stay running even when I'm not around. My current setup alerts me if any of my systems services goes down or something isn't running, which I plan to keep working and refining on since it's vital that everything keeps running.

The presence of witnesses of BitShares is in my opinion too low; something that was raised in the latest BitShares Mumble session when we started to discuss things about changes that where needed on the network, only one witness was actually joining in. I'm not saying they are not very good witnesses, but we also need witnesses that are joining the crowd and listening in on the phase, something I will do.

In that same way I now wish to become part of the very best cryptocurrency exchange you can find. I will make sure to do my very best to keep it that way.

I like doing tutorials about these things; making the general public aware of the functionailty of systems and how they work.

- Why You Should Go Decentralized All In; A Quick Guide to BitShares DEX
- Quick Introduction to Steemit, or "What the Hell Is This Thing I'm On Now?
- Gridcoin Research and BOINC Explained
- Gridcoin and Distributed Work on BOINC

I am well aware that I will not witness any blocks until I reach one of the active witness positions
This doesn't stop me from doing my run for witness and I know that I will eventually, hopefully, be able to contribute to the network that I've grown to love. I will initially use the same setup system that I have for my Steem witness nodes, if it comes to the stage that they are required to run on their own servers I will be quick to react. The current servers are well equiped to handle the extra load of running another witness system.

The Income from Being a Witness
I see many great opportunities for supporting communities or projects; exploring new ways for progress. I wish to support the communities that are close to my heart, but also to expand the horizon of what can be done with cryptocurrency. I see things like Whaleshares by @officialfuzzy as a very inspiring project.

System Setup
I have two witness systems;
- One Main Witness
- One Backup Witness
In case of something happening, the backup witness is standing by. Both these systems run on a 6-core, 24GB Ram, 100% SSD VPS server.

Neither of these nodes are accessible from the outside, they can only witness the blockchain. All to make the systems secure enough.

Price Feed
I will be utilizing the BTS Tools from @wackou
Many thanks for this great tool.

How to vote for me
If you think that I will be suited for a BitShares Witness I would be very happy if you would vote for me. On BitShares my active witness is called @sc-ol

In the BitShares Wallet
1. Click "Account" on the top left
2. Click "Voting" in the left menu (4th in the menu)
3. Click "Witnesses" in the menubar on the voting page
4. Type in "sc-ol" in the textfield and press "Add"

Thank you for your support and trust!
I hope I can gain your trust in becoming one of the nodes on the witness list that You trust and rely on.

My BitShares Witness Proposal on Steemit
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:01:02 pm by startail »