Author Topic: 1 PTS Per Unique Bug Identified - BitShares X Testing  (Read 11689 times)

Offline bytemaster

Locking this thread... we don't have anyone to manage the bounty...

Thanks for the bug reports....

If you need paid PTS please let us know..

Thanks.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline koberstein

• View Profile

I received a series of 3 notifications just now containing javascript stack traces.

I believe I am running the most recent version of the GUI client (OSX) as I just downloaded it yesterday.
BTSX: koberstein

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Running v0.4.14 of bitshares-x, is it normal that when you log in and press the forward button with no forward history, it'll log you out and the background/logo disappears, switching to white before being loaded again? Actually.. if it's loading these images online, it might be because my internet's being slow that the graphics aren't showing temporarily.

Second thing, when you're entering an amount in a transfer - if you put a comma into the field, it'll say "Wrong Amount". I noticed this when copying my full balance into the transfer field which contained a comma.
version v0.4.16-x64: Clicking on the balance to automatically max out a buy/sell/short order when the balance has a comma ',' in the number will break the calculation. Manually removing the comma from the quantity field fixes it.

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Running v0.4.14 of bitshares-x, is it normal that when you log in and press the forward button with no forward history, it'll log you out and the background/logo disappears, switching to white before being loaded again? Actually.. if it's loading these images online, it might be because my internet's being slow that the graphics aren't showing temporarily.

Second thing, when you're entering an amount in a transfer - if you put a comma into the field, it'll say "Wrong Amount". I noticed this when copying my full balance into the transfer field which contained a comma.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 08:42:49 pm by cryptillionaire »

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
A new problem, again on Windows 7 Ultimate.

As soon as Acronis True Image started to run a background backup task, my computer froze completely, the media player started stuttering on the last packet it got from the webradio station I was listening to, and I couldn't move my mouse even. The client was running & going along fine before this happened.

I had to hold the power button & shut down the computer suddenly to escape the condition.

It's the first time ever that the computer has crashed at all. And the only thing that changed today was that I had installed BitShares X in the morning. So of course it's the prime suspect.

I'm running the TrueImage task again, and all is well now- the client is resync'ing at the moment, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'll report back later if it happens tomorrow when Acronis starts up again. However I have the feeling it was a random, intermittent event.

Offline FuLl

• View Profile
Hi,

I installed the BitShares X client today on Windows 7 Ultimate x86_64. Version 4.1.2.

The bug that presented to me was that when I was finished with the installer & it ran the executable as per the 'Run' checkbox at the end, the Setup.exe couldn't be deleted because it was still running. When I clicked the button in my taskbar, it wouldn't appear on my desktop for me to close it. It wasn't even visible when I minimized my open windows from their _ buttons in the upper right corner.

But as soon as I exited the client, the Setup.exe exited as well.

Seems minor, but not right nevertheless.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
I found a bug and fixed it.
Command json FILE generated json data format is error

pull requests url:
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/26
BitShares-PTS:Pop8mPCmtzSLc1NXaJLSnE2gpvDvCZJgMd
Please give me a vote:wallet_approve_delegate sunshine.clerk 1

Offline bytemaster

bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Close your wallet and reopen it to rescan the chain.  I did not reset the chain yet.
reopen wallet bts is 0.
delete datadir ,reopen again,bts is 0 too.
I think new wallet can not open old wallet.bts. listaddr show null.

>>> listaddr
>>> newaddr
GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>> listaddr
address:GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>>

There is a bug in the wallet apparently that causes the address list to be lost.  Because it is a deterministic wallet if you generate a bunch of new addresses, quit, and reload then it should pick them up again.  This is a known issue that I need to address.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Close your wallet and reopen it to rescan the chain.  I did not reset the chain yet.
reopen wallet bts is 0.
delete chain directory ,reopen again,bts is 0 too.
I think new bts_wallet can not open old wallet.bts. listaddr show null.

>>> listaddr
>>> newaddr
GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>> listaddr
address:GfXNUwZCB3hq1ikJ3EKxEsSEjbv
>>>

Offline bytemaster

bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
bts is cleared?
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Offline bytemaster

connecting to bitshares network: 162.243.45.158:4567
unable to connect to bitshares network at this time.

Yes, I shutdown the server while fixing the market which was hung on a rounding error.  You will have to recompile your client with the latest update to continue testing with my hacked fix.  I will be doing a breaking change after miami to upgrade every amount to 128 bit from 64 bit to solve the rounding error problem more robustly ad-hock epsilons I have now.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
connecting to bitshares network: 162.243.45.158:4567
unable to connect to bitshares network at this time.

Offline bytemaster

I have a advice,Hope to add a command,print a list old wallet address.
for example,command name is showaddres.
I have implemented this feature,I can raise a pull request if Dan confirmed this feature is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be nice.
pull request raised(https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/23 ),pls review.

10 PTS tip sent your way!
My suggestion is adopted, there is no reward?

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile

I have implemented this feature,I can raise a pull request if Dan confirmed this feature is required.

Would be nice.
pull request raised(https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/23 ),pls review.

My suggestion is adopted, there is no reward?

Offline bytemaster

Would be nice.

Offline crazybit

Would be nice.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:15:16 pm by CrazyBit »

Offline bytemaster

This bounty is put on hold until I resolve issues found thus far.   The market is hung because it generated a transaction that failed validation. 

I will let you know when you can resume testing.

Offline bytemaster

Would be nice. 

Offline crazybit

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:10:28 pm by CrazyBit »

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Send me a PTS address and I will send you 1 PTS for finding the bug and 5 PTS for fixing it with a pull request!

Thanks! PM'd to you, yo can also find that in my signature:  PdhV9ithAGJsgzR95UdjeS6ihqPqkuz9Cy
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I opened some short on usd and buy usd, the match order of market is not working when the bids price is higher then ask price, here is the screenshot.

and the chain html snapshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5037011/bts_bug_001.html

I have updated the bug description here, supposed to be the same issue:

probable steps to reproduce:
buy 5 usd
price per usd: 0.02 bts

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1890.msg30821#msg30821
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:34:30 pm by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

here is the pull request, tested, pls review it.
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/20

To report a bug, can not transfer usd. Check the source code, it may due to the different unit between total_in (default bts) and itr->second.get_amount() (here is usd)
I might try to provide pull request if I can fix it.

console:
>>> transfer 3 usd to MpeitToLdKLLnee9iBKnU7enQ6z
assert
unit == o.unit:
    {}
    th_a  asset.cpp:110 bts::blockchain::asset::operator +=
3.00000000 usd to MpeitToLdKLLnee9iBKnU7enQ6z
    {"amnt":"3.00000000 usd","to":"MpeitToLdKLLnee9iBKnU7enQ6z"}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:324 bts::blockchain::wallet::transfer

log.txt: (stop when iterate to first usd unspend)

2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"6e737d784bd476afc4fda36b9cda4b44ff34d41a","output_idx":3},{"amount":100000000,"unit":"bts","claim_func":"claim_by_cover","claim_data":{"payoff_unit":"usd","payoff_amount":500000000,"owner":"Kjis77t43i41LmrUJ7rWeJrdwwe"}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"4b008fb75fb67eaa59b3c1393ca2e187487123a0","output_idx":0},{"amount":50000000,"unit":"usd","claim_func":"claim_by_bid","claim_data":{"pay_address":"SJyXwKU2Mmy3Z7Fxw5ia8VLYxre","ask_price":"0.5000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"60ab5e3d73f9d31b5b9e49fadaf3f383663cff89","output_idx":0},{"amount":100000000,"unit":"usd","claim_func":"claim_by_bid","claim_data":{"pay_address":"MiJq5cKVpwcjAb1DMhihaDEsyP8","ask_price":"50.0000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"5d617e24a41aca2401d28ea85ec3f4f9ae6e120b","output_idx":0},{"amount":10000000,"unit":"bts","claim_func":"claim_by_bid","claim_data":{"pay_address":"RQQgPKGEGzzL6izqPKcWzdvbuFu","ask_price":"80.0000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"6e737d784bd476afc4fda36b9cda4b44ff34d41a","output_idx":2},{"amount":50000000,"unit":"bts","claim_func":"claim_by_long","claim_data":{"pay_address":"Kjis77t43i41LmrUJ7rWeJrdwwe","ask_price":"10.0000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"55a250e2e249107583085457b5e7d2bebe5b7531","output_idx":1},{"amount":1000000000,"unit":"usd","claim_func":"claim_by_signature","claim_data":{"owner":"Jvo7Xfow3xVToALbVHKPa3UVYRw"}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84

This is clearly a blockchain bug and not merely cosmetic, I will look into this next.

Send me a PTS address and I will send you 1 PTS for finding the bug and 5 PTS for fixing it with a pull request!

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
here is the pull request, tested, pls review it.
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/20

To report a bug, can not transfer usd. Check the source code, it may due to the different unit between total_in (default bts) and itr->second.get_amount() (here is usd)

console:
assert
unit == o.unit:
    {}

2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"6e737d784bd476afc4fda36b9cda4b44ff34d41a","output_idx":3},{"amount":100000000,"unit":"bts","claim_func":"claim_by_cover","claim_data":{"payoff_unit":"usd","payoff_amount":500000000,"owner":"Kjis77t43i41LmrUJ7rWeJrdwwe"}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"4b008fb75fb67eaa59b3c1393ca2e187487123a0","output_idx":0},{"amount":50000000,"unit":"usd","claim_func":"claim_by_bid","claim_data":{"pay_address":"SJyXwKU2Mmy3Z7Fxw5ia8VLYxre","ask_price":"0.5000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"60ab5e3d73f9d31b5b9e49fadaf3f383663cff89","output_idx":0},{"amount":100000000,"unit":"usd","claim_func":"claim_by_bid","claim_data":{"pay_address":"MiJq5cKVpwcjAb1DMhihaDEsyP8","ask_price":"50.0000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"5d617e24a41aca2401d28ea85ec3f4f9ae6e120b","output_idx":0},{"amount":10000000,"unit":"bts","claim_func":"claim_by_bid","claim_data":{"pay_address":"RQQgPKGEGzzL6izqPKcWzdvbuFu","ask_price":"80.0000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"6e737d784bd476afc4fda36b9cda4b44ff34d41a","output_idx":2},{"amount":50000000,"unit":"bts","claim_func":"claim_by_long","claim_data":{"pay_address":"Kjis77t43i41LmrUJ7rWeJrdwwe","ask_price":"10.0000000000000 usd/bts","min_trade":0}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84
2212718ms       th_a       collect_inputs ] unspent outputs [{"trx_hash":"55a250e2e249107583085457b5e7d2bebe5b7531","output_idx":1},{"amount":1000000000,"unit":"usd","claim_func":"claim_by_signature","claim_data":{"owner":"Jvo7Xfow3xVToALbVHKPa3UVYRw"}}]         blockchain_wallet.cpp:84

This is clearly a blockchain bug and not merely cosmetic, I will look into this next.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:56:03 am by HackFisher »

Offline bytemaster

console:
assert
unit == o.unit:
    {}

Offline bytemaster

bug:show orders command can not show my orders.

>>> show orders usd bts
>>> market usd bts
                                      BIDS               |                                      ASKS               |
---------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------|
           0.50000000 bts      -10.0000000000000 usd/bts |          10.00000000 bts     200.0000000000000 usd/bts  |
           1.00000000 bts        1.0000000000000 usd/bts |          10.00000000 bts     250.0000000000000 usd/bts  |
           1.00000000 bts        0.5000000000000 usd/bts |                                                         |
                                                         |                                                         |
>>>

Yes, that is a bug in the help menu, if you display your balance it does both your orders and your balances.

Offline bytemaster

relogin ,my balance is come back . This is a bug.

Try quit and open/login again? or copy wallet.bts and bts_wallet to another folder?

My balance become 0bts after I had submit a order.

>>> sell 1 bts
current balance: 100.00000000 bts
price per bts (ie: 1 usd): 30 usd
Expected Proceeds: 30.00000000 usd
submit order? (y|n): y
order submitted
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Margin Positions
0.00000000 usd  total collateral: 0.00000000 bts  avg call price: 0.0000000000000 usd/bts
===========================================================
Unspent Outputs:

Open Bids:

Open Short Sells:

Open Margin Positions:
>>>

This may be an issue until the next block is produced because you consumed your only input to create the bid.  I need to add support for displaying 'unconfirmed' inputs. 

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

console:
assert
unit == o.unit:
    {}

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
relogin ,my balance is come back . This is a bug.

Try quit and open/login again? or copy wallet.bts and bts_wallet to another folder?

>>> sell 1 bts
order submitted
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Margin Positions
0.00000000 usd  total collateral: 0.00000000 bts  avg call price: 0.0000000000000 usd/bts
Unspent Outputs:

Open Bids:

Open Short Sells:

Open Margin Positions:
>>>

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

>>> sell 1 bts
order submitted
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Margin Positions
Unspent Outputs:

Open Bids:

Open Short Sells:

Open Margin Positions:
>>>
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:08:51 am by HackFisher »

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
bug:show orders command can not show my orders.

>>> show orders usd bts
>>> market usd bts
                                      BIDS               |                                      ASKS               |
---------------------------------------------------------|---------------------------------------------------------|
           0.50000000 bts      -10.0000000000000 usd/bts |          10.00000000 bts     200.0000000000000 usd/bts  |
           1.00000000 bts        1.0000000000000 usd/bts |          10.00000000 bts     250.0000000000000 usd/bts  |
           1.00000000 bts        0.5000000000000 usd/bts |                                                         |
                                                         |                                                         |
>>>

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile

>>> sell 1 bts
order submitted
>>> balance
0.00000000 bts
0.00000000 usd

Margin Positions
Unspent Outputs:

Open Bids:

Open Short Sells:

Open Margin Positions:
>>>

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I opened some short on usd and buy usd, the match order of market is not working when the bids price is higher then ask price, here is the screenshot.

and the chain html snapshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5037011/bts_bug_001.html
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:33:06 pm by HackFisher »

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Here is fine.  I don't check github often.

Offline JeffreyLee

• View Profile
How to report bug,It's here or github?

Offline bytemaster

I have started some initial testing with BitShares X blockchain.  Contact me for some test BTS.   

I am certain there are many bugs to be found in how transactions are processed and would like people to help find them.  This bounty will pay 1 PTS for bugs found in transaction processing or market execution. 

I am sure there may be other bugs with the wallet, etc.  Please report those, but they do not qualify for the bounty at this point in time. 

If I make a fix to address a bug you found then I will pay you 1 PTS.