Author Topic: solo mining is difficulty low enough [solved]  (Read 2389 times)

Offline crypto pimp

• View Profile

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Hi Im looking to start mining and cant find any beginners guides I was thinking maybe I should try solo mining but Im not sure its viable or whether I should just stick to pools dont know if it makes much difference but I have a AMD fx 8120 8core! but a link to both miners would be nice sorry to be a pain in the arse

Solo mining is not viable at all, go to ypool.net or ptspool.com to download the miner and start mining, you'll get your first share very soon!
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline bytemaster

Hi Im looking to start mining and cant find any beginners guides I was thinking maybe I should try solo mining but Im not sure its viable or whether I should just stick to pools dont know if it makes much difference but I have a AMD fx 8120 8core! but a link to both miners would be nice sorry to be a pain in the arse

I highly recommend pool mining.   The expected time to find one block is on the order of 1-2 months right now which means you will likely miss the first snapshot for BitShares X
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline crypto pimp

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:02:41 pm by crypto pimp »