Author Topic: Allocation of Resources from AGS donations  (Read 5394 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline onceuponatime

Offline onceuponatime

It's great to see this kind of public process!!

How much will be allocated to DAC development?  How many Dacs will be selected, and what will the process be to prioritize the amount of resources allocated to each of them?

In case you can't tell, I'm interested in seeing a Canon Coin DAC being developed.

see: http://canonizer.com/topic.asp/164/3

Upwards,

Brent Allsop

We are working on a Shark Tank style system for funding DACs.  Details will be announced in the near future.

Would you please give a link or reference that explains what this means?

Offline bytemaster

How much will be allocated to DAC development?  How many Dacs will be selected, and what will the process be to prioritize the amount of resources allocated to each of them?

In case you can't tell, I'm interested in seeing a Canon Coin DAC being developed.

Upwards,

Brent Allsop

We are working on a Shark Tank style system for funding DACs.  Details will be announced in the near future.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

In case you can't tell, I'm interested in seeing a "smart" Canon Coin DAC being developed.

Upwards,

Brent Allsop

Offline CLains

• View Profile
It feels like one of those custom Starcraft maps where there are unlimited resources
and the first to build like a million expansions usually wins.

Great analogy.

"Probes construct buildings by starting the building's warp-in process. After that point the building 'constructs' by itself and the probe is free to leave and pursue other activities. This is unlike the SCV and drone which are fully occupied when constructing buildings."

Enable more probe activity!

Offline fuzzy

I like the addition of a "propose bounty  here" thread. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Suggestion: Have a "Propose a bounty here!"-thread in the Bountiful Bounties section.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:05:44 pm by CLains »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
What you suggest is exactly what we are doing.   :)

Well, lets see: You have around 10k PTS in bounties. The logs account for perhaps 3k PTS and 100 BTC. Meanwhile you're getting around 3k PTS and 50 BTC each day in AGS donations; for the first 20 days that's a total of 60k PTS and 1000 BTC.

Bytemaster revealed that 10% will go to marketing, which is the first major statement of allocation I've seen. Other than that I'm sure you guys have a rough plan for how to allocate the remaining 40k PTS and 900 BTC, not to mention how to spend the income from the remaining 180 days.

What I'm suggesting is that it's ridiculously difficult to spend the kind of money you're getting in an efficient way. Part of the reason is that 10 PTS here and 10 PTS there could do amazing things if used creatively. Fortunately, this is the kind of creativity a community can help provide.

On reflecting some more on this, I think you should actually give out bounties for 1) efficient and creative ways to use money and 2) designing a budget plan for the coming year.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 08:05:02 pm by CLains »

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
There are two open doc logs tracking the Angel Account Transactions.

One for BTC and one for PTS.

I suggest the larger community is given more insight into the overall plan for allocation of these resources. I think an open discussion on this topic will benefit us all, not just in the name of transparency and healthy curiosity: Spending the amount of money flowing into AGS is difficult and requires the kind of creativity a forum discussion may help provide. What do you guys think?

If this is discussed elsewhere I recant everything.

You are watching that plan develop in real time, right before your very eyes.  Every new piece of the plan is vetted right here on the forum, often within minutes of our nailing it down in our own minds. 

We are constantly combing the forum for suggestions to incorporate in the plan. 

May add the  Bounties Thread link  in the doc is better
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
There are two open doc logs tracking the Angel Account Transactions.

One for BTC and one for PTS.

I suggest the larger community is given more insight into the overall plan for allocation of these resources. I think an open discussion on this topic will benefit us all, not just in the name of transparency and healthy curiosity: Spending the amount of money flowing into AGS is difficult and requires the kind of creativity a forum discussion may help provide. What do you guys think?

If this is discussed elsewhere I recant everything.

You are watching that plan develop in real time, right before your very eyes.  Every new piece of the plan is vetted right here on the forum, often within minutes of our nailing it down in our own minds. 

We are constantly combing the forum for suggestions to incorporate in the plan. 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Bitcoin miners and gold diggers are joining hands all over the world!

10% is great. Can't wait to hear more about this.

It feels like one of those custom Starcraft maps where there are unlimited resources

Great analogy.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Bitcoin miners and gold diggers are joining hands all over the world!

10% is great. Can't wait to hear more about this.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 12:09:54 am by CLains »