Author Topic: Branding Video Draft  (Read 2732 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I3 cube roll is cheesy
benefits aren't clear out of context - it's not clear that the implicit point here is "there's no catch!"

you should spend a large part of the video explaining how the problem is currently solved by centralized solutions, then just explain that it's possible without a middleman now

I agree with this, and the cube roll was a whole lot of cube rolling.  Rather than focus on graphics, I'd really recommend developing promotional/explanatory 30s, 60s and 90s elevator pitches of each individual concept with another one about the overarching brand they are all contained in.   
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I was about to suggest you hire the people responsible for the "What is Bitcoin?" video.

But then, unexpected plot twist.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I3 cube roll is cheesy
benefits aren't clear out of context - it's not clear that the implicit point here is "there's no catch!"

you should spend a large part of the video explaining how the problem is currently solved by centralized solutions, then just explain that it's possible without a middleman now
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
True, the start is mesmerizing! Keep that :D

I'd love to see more visual explanations, particularly with movement!

Offline Mrrr

• View Profile
My 3 cents:

Start is good, gripping and comprehensible (the part that ends with the blue Invictus Cube). Afterwards it gets messy. You are trying to squeeze far too much into a 1 minute video.
What follows are 3 seemingly unrelated and unexplained topics (Dacs, Bitshares and Keyhotee) in a completely different style of design, glued together without a 'bridge'. You can't explain Invictus, Dacs, Bitshares and Keyhotee in 60 seconds of video. Accept that.

Since the start is so completely awesome, I think you should stick with it. Don't make a cut after the blue Invictus cube stops rolling at 0:15. Fade the text out and let the cube continue to roll to the left. Put a keyword on every corner until you arrive at Bitshares (make the cube stop again, zoom in and put some text next to it). Let it roll again in the same fashion until you arrive at Keyhotee (stop, zoom, text) Let the cube continue to roll whilst zooming out, showing the three cubes, the path they took and how they relate to each other.

A 60 sec. video like this serves just one purpose:  to make people listen to what you have to say. You can explain it to them afterwards. You're trying to communicate a new world order here and trying to put everything into a 60 seconds video is like trying to cram the King James Bible into a radio commercial.

So, I think the start is absolutely beautiful and you should continue the video in the same fashion.
May this criticism be of use and if Gregory would be kind enough to supply me with his PTS address I'll tip him 2 pints of beer and a bowl of peanuts.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:15:16 pm by Mrrr »

Offline bytemaster

It's OK.

Instead of pointing out the benefits, first we need to explain what kind of problem the project tries to solve - and how it solves it. This video is focused on a userbase that is already educated and understands Keyhotee/Bitshares. The users we intend to attract first need to know what problem we are solving, why it needs to be solved, how we are solving it and why we are better than the rest at this (articulating the benefits).

If it's a video just for Miami: I suggest on revising the benefits and leaving them longer on the screen - right now they have like 3 -5 seconds screen time.

Not trying to sound like an asshole - but we can do better.

Oh I know we can do better... Gregory put this together in his spare time as a concept. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline domsch

• View Profile
It's OK.

Instead of pointing out the benefits, first we need to explain what kind of problem the project tries to solve - and how it solves it. This video is focused on a userbase that is already educated and understands Keyhotee/Bitshares. The users we intend to attract first need to know what problem we are solving, why it needs to be solved, how we are solving it and why we are better than the rest at this (articulating the benefits).

If it's a video just for Miami: I suggest on revising the benefits and leaving them longer on the screen - right now they have like 3 -5 seconds screen time.

Not trying to sound like an asshole - but we can do better.

Offline super3

• View Profile
I like the concepts of the first two.

Offline bytemaster

Gregory put together this concept video last week (prior to all of our website and branding updates) and it is in its draft form now:  http://vimeo.com/84492940

He will be updating it to use the latest graphics, logos, and concepts from our website as well as producing additional videos that capture the concept of every page.

Just letting you all know what we are working on and what is in the pipe line.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.