Author Topic: 10 PTS -Step by Step How To: USD to PTS to AGS [CLOSED]  (Read 10341 times)

Offline wasthatawolf

We should work on getting PTS listed on coinmkt.com; then you could actually go straight from USD to PTS.

Offline lakerta06

Why is it USD -> PTS ->AGS?

Just make it USD -> BTC and then BTC->PTS and/or BTC->AGS
Making BTC ->PTS -> AGS is including another layer of complexity and most likely less profitable. BTC->AGS means some may bypass Cryptsy/ Bter etc and just go coinbase/Bitstamp/CampBX -> local wallet -> AGS donation and get a stake in I3 or I3 affiliated DACs.
i would say the plan is to make people buy PTS, thus increase the price.

sumantso

Why is it USD -> PTS ->AGS?

Just make it USD -> BTC and then BTC->PTS and/or BTC->AGS
Making BTC ->PTS -> AGS is including another layer of complexity and most likely less profitable. BTC->AGS means some may bypass Cryptsy/ Bter etc and just go coinbase/Bitstamp/CampBX -> local wallet -> AGS donation and get a stake in I3 or I3 affiliated DACs.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I think coinbase+bter is best

Attached are a bunch of pictures of the bter interaction, you'd need to draw arrows over them / type fake info into the fields
(they are in reverse order)

http://imgur.com/MzrNJcF,1WOzAQR,NgkW9sD,tiElI71,DAtB4aD,XU9fjQG,PDlyok0,ZkOzdJn,rLRT4mu,ssfUMGI#0
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
I know, this isn't exactly easy to break down.  Let's also assume my mom isn't on paypal.  Just USD in a bank to PTS/AGS.  And it can't be general, like "open an account on cryptsy."  If she's to open an account on cryptsy, each of those steps also need to be included.  Let's figure out the simplest way to do this...I'm sure there's many ways, but let's choose the one with the least moving parts. You guys are on the right track. B

Offline oco101

• View Profile
You can also take the USD > Linden dollar  > PTS route

True for credit cards and Paypal, although I think it will be very confusing for a first time users. 

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
the part that talks about cryptsy needs to have lots of warnings about not keeping too much btc/pts in the exchange at once
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
You can also take the USD > Linden dollar  > PTS route
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Someone should fill out my coinbase description with more details on how to verify a bank account and telephone number in the USA.

Someone else or I can fill out the descriptions with relevant screenshots.

Someone else can make a Youtube video based on the text and screenshots, optimally with a live voice and live screen video.

Someone needs to compile these things into a single thread or website with a clean interface, so one can select the method of explanation that suits one.

Add to this thread or website extra languages, extra alternative routes of getting PTS/AGS, and other explanations regarding PTS/AGS and how to acquire the DACs honoring them.

TL;DR Helpdesk site is urgent requirement! :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
Man, it's such a long list of details for a newb to handle really.

I suggest a comprehensive approach
with the alternatives listed below,

1) Video Tutorial
2) Tutorial with Screenshots
3) Various exchanges
4) Various languages

It really is a difficult thing when you break it down.

The matter of PTS/AGS and PTS vs BTC to AGS.
And 200 days.
And snapshots.
And various blockchains.

PTS and AGS in some sense presupposes all these difficult things,
and a lot of effort needs to be spent to make it comprehensible.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
To buy PTS you need to
A) Buy bitcoins,
B) Exchange bitcoins for PTS.

A)

To acquire bitcoins, go to the website www.coinbase.com

Click the Sign Up button in the top right corner.

Enter your email and desired password.

Check your email and find "Please verify your email" in your inbox.

Follow the instructions in this mail, and sign the terms of agreement form.

Now you have a Coinbase account!

Under "General" on the left hand side click the "Buy/Sell" button.

In the middle of the page (coinbase.com/buys) you'll see two blue buttons:
1) "Verify a Bank Account" and
2) "Verify A Phone Number"

Click the first and follow the instructions. (??)
Go back to coinbase.com/buys and click the second and follow instructions. (??)

When you now go back to coinbase.com/buys you'll be able to buy your first Bitcoin!
Just enter the total amount of bitcoins you want to buy and click buy. (??)

You now have bitcoins!

B)

To exchange bitcoins for PTS, go to the website cryptsy.com

Click the Register New Account in the top right corner.

Enter all the details in the form and click the green "Register New Account" button.

Check your email and find "Confirmation of Registration" in your inbox.

Follow the instructions in this mail, and then login to at cryptsy.com/users/login

You now have a Cryptsy account!

On Cryptsy you can exchange your Bitcoin for PTS! BUt first we need to transfer your bitcoins from Coinbase to Cryptsy.

Go to coinbase.com/transactions

Click the "Send Money" button on the top right.

Here you can specify the bitcoin address you want to send to and the amount.

Now we need the address to send our bitcoin to Cryptsy (where we can exchange it for PTS!).

Open a new window and go to cryptsy.com/users/balances

Here you should see a list of different currencies sorted alphabetically (if you don't, select "Show 'all accounts'" in the top right)

Scroll down until you find Bitcoin.

Click on Bitcoin and you should see a list of options, select "Deposit / Autosell BTC"

From here you can get a bitcoin address. Click "Generate New Deposit Address."

This long string of mixed characters is a unique bitcoin address to your Cryptsy account!

Now just copy this string of characters and paste it in the form you get by clicking "Send Money" at coinbase.com/transactions

Click send money and you're done! You've just sent your bitcoin to from Coinbase to Cryptsy!

It can take up to an hour, and sometimes longer, for the bitcoins to be available for use. Within fifteen minutes you should your bitcoins as "pending deposits" on cryptsy.com/users/balances Be patient and don't worry!

When your bitcoins are listed under "Available Balance" you can finally exchange them into PTS.

Go to cryptsy.com/users/balances

Here you should see a list of different currencies sorted alphabetically (if you don't, select "Show 'all accounts'" in the top right)

Find Protoshares (PTS) and you should see a list of options, select "Go to BTC Market."

Here you can select the amount of PTS you want to buy, and see the bitcoins it will cost.

Click the green button "Submit Buy Order" and you will place a buy order for PTS.

When someone takes the offer a notification of the purchase will appear.

You now have PTS!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:11:05 am by CLains »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
I'll write a bit more detailed instructions, and then finally someone can fill it out completely.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
1) Find a local Bitcoin exchange, if there is none then pick one you believe you can trust. For example Bitstamp.
2) open an account with the exchange and get the details for making a deposit. Be sure to check if they need ID verification.
3) choose a deposit option from the available ones, eg wire transfer
4) Go to your bank and transfer the funds to the exchange account, wait a few days for confirmation of receipt of funds
5) Purchase BTC using your credited funds

For PTS purchase only follow these steps:-

6) Open an account with an exchange that hosts PTS eg cryptsy
7) Transfer your BTC to cryptsy exchange, wait a few minutes and confirm receipt of your coins
8) Trade your BTC for PTS
8) Transfer your PTS to your wallet

For AGS

once you have your cois in your wallet BTC/PTS send the amount you wish to purchase with to PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw for PTS or 1ANGELwQwWxMmbdaSWhWLqBEtPTkWb8uDc for BTC. At the end of the day check here:- http://www1.agsexplorer.com,  click on balance and enter the address you sent you coin from to view you balance.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Yes, I should have specified. She's using USD, so let's assume she's in the US. We can work one for other regions as well, but let's start there.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Hey Forum...
Looking for someone to write a how to document.  Imagine your reader knows nothing at all about bitcoin, protoshares, crypto, etc. and take them step by step from turning money in the bank to bitcoin, BTC to PTS and PTS into AGS. Please use fewest steps possible, only choose one site to buy crypto (whichever you think is best) and give no options.

Just write it so simple my mom could buy PTS/AGS after reading it.  We'll take what you write and turn it into a motiongraphics video.  Be creative, be simple, and speak in plain english as much as possible....also, please use the EASIEST sites/exchanges possible, services that are most user friendly, not just whatever you may already be using.  Thanks and good luck!
B
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:17:49 am by MktDirector »