Author Topic: "Turring Complete" functionality for Bitshare DACS?  (Read 3956 times)

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Stan your impeccable use of center-align for rhetorical effect never ceases to amaze me

+1

Whoever thought of turning the "plus one" into plus five percent is a genius!

bytemaster proposed to use it as Bitshares brand's new market meme.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2644.0

it was ended due to fears of the whole thing looking like a ponzi scheme, the idiotic press too didn't take the 5% kindly.

Not idiotic at all.  It's never a good idea to advertise something that's not true.  Advertising that you are earning 5% or more on Bitshares is false.

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
Stan your impeccable use of center-align for rhetorical effect never ceases to amaze me

+1

it was ended due to fears of the whole thing looking like a ponzi scheme, the idiotic press too didn't take the 5% kindly.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

+1

bytemaster has ended the market meme. Bitshares X won't have +5% interest.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

+1

Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb

+1

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline vikram

+1

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Etherium advertizes a "Turring Complete" python subset language their DAOs will be able to be programmed with.

Will Bitshare DAOs have more or less than this?  And what will that be?

Brent Allsop

C++ is a Turing-complete language. 

In computability theory, a system of data-manipulation rules (such as a computer's instruction set, a programming language, or a cellular automaton) is said to be Turing complete or computationally universal if it can be used to simulate any single-taped Turing machine. The concept is named after Alan Turing. ...Thus, a Turing-complete system is one that can simulate a Turing machine; and, per the Church–Turing thesis, that any real-world computer can be simulated by a Turing machine, it is Turing equivalent to a Turing machine.

To show that something is Turing complete, it is enough to show that it can be used to simulate some Turing complete system. For example, an imperative language is Turing complete if it has conditional branching (e.g., "if" and "goto" statements, or a "branch if zero" instruction. See OISC) and the ability to change arbitrary memory locations (e.g., the ability to maintain an arbitrary number of variables). Since this is almost always the case, most if not all imperative languages are Turing complete if we ignore any limitations of finite memory. -- Wikipedia

Thus, the term "Turing Complete" is just saying that the functions on the block chain are programmable.

This would be important if you were trying to make "one chain to rule them all."

But with our approach, every application can have its own chain and therefore be light-weight, efficient, and independent of the problems of co-existing on the same chain with many different applications.

The only reason to pile lots of applications on one chain is if you are stuck on mining and are worried about having enough mining horsepower to resist attack.  Little DACs team up to collectively have Big DAC Power.

But if you don't mine and therefore don't need Big DAC Power, why exactly would you want to put your DAC's fate in the hands of the collective?

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

Etherium advertizes a "Turring Complete" python subset language their DAOs will be able to be programmed with.

Brent Allsop

BitShares have a "Turing Complete" library for building new DACs, called C++.  It will enable people to build and launch cheaper, more efficient DACs. 

We can also implement their "Turning Complete" scripting language on top of our platform.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

Brent Allsop