Author Topic: Miner and Investor Support Falling  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
I think the main issue here is that most PTS miners found out about MMC through premine and stuck to 1gh just for convenience.

They're not going to budge, but if we promote other miners to join other pools, they may scram.

More mining power in big pools are definitely orphaning blocks on other pools like dwarfpool. [ 4 orphans in a week ]

Maybe if a Dev could open source a pool through RPC or stratum then only that could diversify things.

----=----
++Found out yvg said solo mining through YAM is possible. I will come up with a debian script that allows this.
yam miner supports getwork protocol, so if you can configure your wallet as getwork server (which shall be possible) you can try solo mining. Unfortunately, this functionality has not been tested at all.

You shall define rpc user and password, and specify your connection parameters in yam config file. Check readme.txt for mining target URI format details - you have to create your own.

yvg1900
--Edit Tested and not working.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:04:49 pm by Delinquency »

Offline Linolis

• View Profile
Mining has actually been increasing during this price drop, at least according to the network difficulty. This is good news.

The price will recover, consider it a nice opportunity to buy-in for cheap. Bought another 5,000 MMC myself. If/when MMC hits Crypsty, more interest will be had for MMC. We already have a great community behind MMC.

Offline seraphim

Benn thinking about this for some days. Now with the current low, I'm in! :) Depositing 0.5 BTC
Meet you on STEEM

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Looks like about 3 BTC could wipe out the entire sell stack at bter...any charitable person wanna peg the price at about 2x?
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
Everyone is moving to VertCoin it just went up like 1500% in 2 days.

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
See:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2485.0

Interesting. I got like a 800% network profitability for cpu over electricity based on Freetrade's data.  Maybe my math's off, or maybe that's just cpu vs. gpu in the network data throwing things off.

But longer-term, approaching electricity cost is the goal.  That stability enables some crypt-equity "clearing house" services.  What we need to develop are web and client-side services and pool diversity in the short-term.  We need to start trading for coding and web skills.

I'm working on a blog that will sponsor pools, lobby for exchanges and community projects, etc.  The non-profit and "reciprocal voting" functions support a number of business development and legal applications.  I think MMC can be used as a "launchpad" for individual business users of virtual currencies due to its focus on community development.  We need people to submit ideas, donate skills, or build a foundation in the community. 
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Hello,
I bring to you my technical calculations:

Memorycoin:
R9 280x GPU @ 20H/m Profitability +/- 5%
Code: [Select]
http://agran.net/memorycoin2_calc.html#0.00007506,20,195.53444290625,0.000175985,806.999,0.95
Litecoin:
R9 280x GPU @ 760KH/s Proftability +/- 5%
Code: [Select]
http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/litecoin-mining-calculator/?h=760.00&p=350.00&pc=0.2&pf=0.00&d=2820.26629964&r=50.00000000&er=0.02619000&btcer=802.90000000&hc=420.00 This leaves Litecoin the more viable choice for GPU miners.

Looks like the price of MMC is well around the electricity required to generate it. [[According to GPU's]]
My electricity is around $0.18 to $0.24 per kWh.

For now I will hold my MMC but will sell to Stop loss immediately to breakeven on electricity costs.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:45:13 pm by Delinquency »