Author Topic: I don't even....what? Does no one believe in instructions around here?  (Read 3960 times)

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Excellent, thanks for the help guys. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to leave the Keyhotee client running in the background, help everyone find bugs :)

I'm interested in both PTS and AGS, and would like to invest in both.  I'll check out cryptsy for the PTS.  For AGS do I just send BTC to the investment address and it will automatically be allocated to the bitcoin wallet at the end of the day?  OK to do this with a blockchain wallet? I don't run the full bitcoin-qt client....

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Can someone confirm that the lightweight MultiBit wallet is donation safe for those not running full nodes?  I've never tried it, but my understanding is that it harvests connects to full nodes for chain info, but retains full control of its own keys.  Does it use the same wallet file format future products will be configured to read?

I am not entirely sure about the back-end of things, but there is an "Export Private Keys" option under the Tools menu in the MultiBit client. It exports the key from AppData\Roaming\MultiBit\multibit.wallet which I'm guessing hoping means that private keys are stored locally, just like a normal wallet.dat

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Excellent, thanks for the help guys. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to leave the Keyhotee client running in the background, help everyone find bugs :)

I'm interested in both PTS and AGS, and would like to invest in both.  I'll check out cryptsy for the PTS.  For AGS do I just send BTC to the investment address and it will automatically be allocated to the bitcoin wallet at the end of the day?  OK to do this with a blockchain wallet? I don't run the full bitcoin-qt client....

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

Can someone confirm that the lightweight MultiBit wallet is donation safe for those not running full nodes?  I've never tried it, but my understanding is that it harvests connects to full nodes for chain info, but retains full control of its own keys.  Does it use the same wallet file format future products will be configured to read?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile

Once you bid for the daily allocation your AGS will be awarded to your address. They will not appear in your wallet. In the near future Invictus will provide import tools so you can redeem your stake in the future DACs. Basically you will own them but cannot trade them at this stage. You must control the private keys to redeem your stake and DO NOT send any donations from an exchange or a wallet that you do not control.

To look up your balance, simply type in your address in the angelshare explorer. You will also need to verify any hidden addresses. (these are addresses your wallet creates and sends from that differ from your usual known address. Many a noob has thought himself robbed when the address shows a zero balance.)

Donations are best sent from the QT wallet. I will confirm this and seek clarification. Perhaps a senior can expand?  I will provide you with the command line to type in your PTS wallet to reveal hidden addresses. (Search each one independently on the AGS explorer.)

Go to the tabs at the top of your wallet.
Click HELP
Click DEBUG WINDOW
Go to CONSOLE
Type: listaddressgroupings

There are your hidden addresses  8)

Offline cubicdissection

• View Profile
    • Cubicdissection

Pqta6v7Q6CR7Qfy8ma25KkFki3xpKxgTtV

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Thanks for your reply!  I've been reading the forums and I'm starting to get it a little better.  Basically if I wanted to reserve a couple identities (my personal name and my company name) I'd just install the client, create the identities and let the miner run in the background, right?

First off, welcome!  Secondly, as GodsCreation was saying, Keyhotee is still in Alpha testing, and no blockchain is yet live in which to reserve your IDs.  This also accounts partially for the lack of instructions.  Last I heard is we'll have an initial Keyhotee blockchain starting up end of this month.  You're most welcome to either just check back closer to then, or join the rest of us here discussing, testing, and generally being terribly excited until that time.

IDs you create now will only be usable during alpha testing, so if you're not interested in helping with testing I wouldn't bother.  PTS isn't required for Keyhotee, so if you're just interested in Keyhotee you don't need to worry about it.  However, if you stay around here much you'll most likely get interested in PTS...

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
I recommend trading your BTC through cryptsy in order to get the PTS. Many people complain about cryptsy but you will not find a more secure and seamless trading experience.

Setting up an account is easy and can be done in minutes. http://cryptsy.com

Once your account is established, go to your BTC and click deposit. There you will generate your deposit address. Once deposited, your funds will be available after 4 confirmations on the network.

Now head to the PTS/BTC market.

Study the orders and look at the chart. Dont be fooled by silly algorithms manipulating the market. Select an entry price you feel reflects the true market price. (If you are after very large quantities, your entry to market would differ. There are strategies to move large volume without causing wide price fluctuations.)

Once you have your PTS, withdraw to your local wallet. Make sure your security is top notch, that the wallet is encrypted and you have safe backups of the private keys.

As you embark on this journey it may be wise to consider Angelshares for your portfolio. I strongly suggest reading thoroughly through the procedure.

Hope this helps with the PTS

Offline cubicdissection

• View Profile
    • Cubicdissection
So any ID's I create between now and launch will go away at launch, and I will have to mine them again?  By mine you mean simply create a new identity, right?

Thanks again for your replies...

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
That's great , give it a couple of days and you'll find your way around easy. The founder Id you were talking about in your post was meant to bid on certain names and to help fund development of Keyhotee. This is not possible anymore at this stage but you can create a profile and start sending messages to others using their public key but only the founder id's will be saved and 'engraved' into the genesis block when Keyhotee launches. However you'll be just fine because when it launches you can mine as many identities as you want and if you're there at the beginning big chances are that they won't already be taken.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline cubicdissection

• View Profile
    • Cubicdissection
Thanks for your reply!  I've been reading the forums and I'm starting to get it a little better.  Basically if I wanted to reserve a couple identities (my personal name and my company name) I'd just install the client, create the identities and let the miner run in the background, right?

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I understand it might be confusing at this stage but because there's so much happening at the moment and the version of Keyhotee is just a first alpha release which is aimed at people who like to help finding bugs and to see where it's heading. It's by no means a steady public release which will of course come with the required documentation and guides. However there are some general topics and Youtube videos explaining everything clearly. What is it exactly you'd like to know?
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline cubicdissection

• View Profile
    • Cubicdissection
OK, I'm an idiot muddling through all this crypto stuff, living in interesting times.  I'd like to trade some BTC for Protoshares, still figuring that one out.  Client didn't even connect without me diving deep into a forum and using the debug feature.  DEBUG!

Now I want to check out this Keyhote stuff.  Download the software.  No instructions.  No idea what any of it means.  Go to Keyhote forum.  Pithy, obscure topis about angelshares and founder this and that and NO basic, this is what this is and why you do it and how you do it. 

Pretty confused.  Grinning, interested, excited, but still damn confused. 

tl;dr I just installed Keyhote.  What should I do next?