Author Topic: Memory Coin on older systems  (Read 3390 times)

Offline seraphim

I don't have a windows machine to try, but I think 0.8.57 had a minerd included
http://memorycoin.org/downloads/memorycoin8.57.msi
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Balfourthejedi

• View Profile
the closest ive found so far is an old quark coin miner thats been reconstituted, and its 32 bit so it might work on these old comps, if not then its fine, ill just use my Acer. Im actually turning one of the 4 comps i found into a mega tower, and was going to use this "mining farm" to actually fund the build, seems ill have to make do with my Acer and maybe the family ToSHITa and see what i come up with. thanks for your help and ill post back if this quark miner works

Offline seraphim

I removed the minerd from my previous post, MMCMiner is a clone of it

The i5 should be able to run all 3, where yam may give the best results. But I can only speculate on this, the only hardware I got available besides my desktop i5-3570k is an older i3 laptop which I still need to test (won't really mine with it because it's too loud). If I remember right it got around 0.36 with MMCMiner and 0.18 with yam ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:59:56 pm by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Balfourthejedi

• View Profile
Ill try that! also i feel very welcome here knowing that the mods are active enough to comment on a post like mine, so thank you very much for your response.

And ill gladly share my results on mining with older systems, also any tips on getting minerd to work on a 64bit Acer i5?

It has integrated grpahics so cpu pooling miners are my only option for mining, and if i can get minerd to work then i can use some of the comps for MMC mining, and some for Doge (another crypto im interested in)

Offline seraphim

When there's no yam for the architecture of the CPU or you're getting bad results, there are two other miners you can consider trying:

MC2Miner - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2042.0 (also 64bit only)
MMCMiner - https://github.com/glitchman/mmcminer

It would be highly appreciated if you shared your results for older cpus with us!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:52:40 pm by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Balfourthejedi

• View Profile
Hi, Im new to mining and went to MMC due to being able to mine without having access to a mega tower, and just using my acer with an i5. I Found 4 old computers in my basement and set them all up. they have cpus ranging from pentium 4's to quad cores,  and run windows xp. I was wondering if its even possible to run the defalut MMC pool miner (The one that comes with the wallet) on systems like this (attempting to create a "mining farm"). i just tried running it on the pentium 4 and got a yam-64bit-generic.exe is not a vaild win32 file error.

Is there a miner that would work for me on these older computers? This miner has been the only one ive had success with on my regular computer, i cant get the minerd program to work for the life of me.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:18:33 pm by Balfourthejedi »