Author Topic: Apple and blockchain.info  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Is the app that much better than accessing blockchain.info from the web on a mobile device? I have a windows phone and have always had the problem of getting some of the newer apps that only come out for iphone or android.

I don't know what apple's intent is behind this move, but I don't see how it really precludes individuals from accessing their funds from blockchain.info even on a mobile device. I hope the price of bitcoin continues to slide during the weekend. It augurs well for the savvy investor.

Yeah it's pretty stupid. They want to have their own payment system.

Too bad as the graph above shows, Apple is dying. They've just put the nail in the coffin because the people that could get behind them, young techy crypto-currency crowd, they've just completed alienated.

Offline JA

• View Profile
It will not have much influence on the bitcoin market.
Just a shot in the foot for themselves

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Mobile apps tend to be convinient for most users as we always tend to be on the move. I hate apple but if they allowed such apps i would buy one this instant, apple is far more secure than android and they may end up missing out on the train as more apps are developed bringing crypto to the world. I think it has something to do with their trying to make their own currency, i however thing it's a fail as it may be limited to apple products and services whereas other cryptos aim to be globaly used in any way possible.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

clout

Is the app that much better than accessing blockchain.info from the web on a mobile device? I have a windows phone and have always had the problem of getting some of the newer apps that only come out for iphone or android.

I don't know what apple's intent is behind this move, but I don't see how it really precludes individuals from accessing their funds from blockchain.info even on a mobile device. I hope the price of bitcoin continues to slide during the weekend. It augurs well for the savvy investor.

Offline Giga

• Futurist & Endless Dreamer
    • View Profile
They've banned blockchain and I believe some other low profile bitcoin apps.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Apple have banned the Blockchain app on iPhone, without giving a clear reason so far.
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-blockchain-appstore-2014-2
I wonder if they have heard about all the allied services relating to bitcoin that are about to appear...
Might affect their appstore model perhaps. Was anyone planning a Bitshares app?!