Author Topic: BTSX faucet for account registration fees built into wallet  (Read 2259 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If only the exchanges take this responsibility!  Now we have a few faucet in Chinese community to giveaway btsx to new users, but it's manual so not very in time.
I usually refer to the demo wallet somewhere in the english part of the forum ..

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
If only the exchanges take this responsibility!  Now we have a few faucet in Chinese community to giveaway btsx to new users, but it's manual so not very in time.
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline fuzzy

It may be a good idea to make BTSX faucet available from within Bitshares X wallet, so new users can get the funds necessary to register account when they get started. This would make getting started experience more user friendly.

There actually are ideas floating around to do a faucet. I don't think it should be done from within the client unless Bytemaster wants to do it that way.

I actually think a way to do it is through virtual mining or through a kind of lottery game where users pay in with altcoins and win some Bitshares in return in the form of a BitAsset.

I think virtual mining will allow people to CPU mine to get some Bitshares. The lottery would allow someone who has an altcoin to buy with them to win some Bitshares. Then there are a bunch of games we could come up with to let people win different BitAssets.

If you have a way to do this better please show us how we can do it.

Gamification is so powerful an incentive facilitator. Overlook it to significant loss.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I recommend we petition BTER to add a "register my account" option to their website.   They could then provide a link to BTER.com in the user's profile and thus generate advertising for BTER right in BTSX.

The user could always update their profile.  This would enhance their service, BTSX use, and many other things.
I also told the guys from poloniex (over IRC) that this is possible ... just FYI

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I recommend we petition BTER to add a "register my account" option to their website.   They could then provide a link to BTER.com in the user's profile and thus generate advertising for BTER right in BTSX.

The user could always update their profile.  This would enhance their service, BTSX use, and many other things.
+5%
That is a great idea.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
It may be a good idea to make BTSX faucet available from within Bitshares X wallet, so new users can get the funds necessary to register account when they get started. This would make getting started experience more user friendly.

There actually are ideas floating around to do a faucet. I don't think it should be done from within the client unless Bytemaster wants to do it that way.

I actually think a way to do it is through virtual mining or through a kind of lottery game where users pay in with altcoins and win some Bitshares in return in the form of a BitAsset.

I think virtual mining will allow people to CPU mine to get some Bitshares. The lottery would allow someone who has an altcoin to buy with them to win some Bitshares. Then there are a bunch of games we could come up with to let people win different BitAssets.

If you have a way to do this better please show us how we can do it.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 01:37:01 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

It was the idea from beginning but the faucet team has been SLOW to deliver.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> approve bitcoiners