Author Topic: The infra (library) we really need to compete with ethereum  (Read 2566 times)

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Then they may release a JIT compiler (Just like Chrome V8 JIT compiler). And we also release an AOT (Ahead Of Time) compiler just like the Unity3D Game Engine does on iOS (CLR bytecodes compiled to native codes). :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:54:50 am by coolspeed »
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
What we really need is a new DSL for dealing with "cryptographic types" to use as building blocks for contracts. If this language is designed carefully we can reap tremendous benefits from various static analysis. The platform would then be an engine/interpreter for this language, with blockchains just being a special case of message types it could handle.

Think SQL:Databases::??:DACs

Would/ Could such a DSL be restricted to bitshares tools/source code/platform?

For what I'm thinking of: no, it would be very general, not even specific to particular cryptographic algorithms. All cryptographic hashes, for example, perform the same information-theoretic function.

understand

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
What we really need is a new DSL for dealing with "cryptographic types" to use as building blocks for contracts. If this language is designed carefully we can reap tremendous benefits from various static analysis. The platform would then be an engine/interpreter for this language, with blockchains just being a special case of message types it could handle.

For what I'm thinking of: no, it would be very general, not even specific to particular cryptographic algorithms. All cryptographic hashes, for example, perform the same information-theoretic function.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

sounds nice, too.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Bytemaster says we have Turing complete C++ language which can implement all DACs that possible in a way of much more economic effeciency.

I came up with an idea:

What we really need in competition with ethereum is a compiler that compile their ethereum script codes or ethereum bytecodes to C / C++ codes or even native codes that runs with BTS infras, thus in honor of the PTS / AGS Social Consensus (License).

Don't you think it's really cool?

Or, if anyone think they still have advantage to use, they say, Unity to implement the DACs?