Author Topic: Should FreeTrade be Voting?  (Read 4040 times)

Offline stalemate

• Memorycoin CMO
    • View Profile
    • Coaex Precious Metals
Yes, you should be voting just like anyone.
Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
Memorycoin Chief Marketing Officer - Voting Address: MVTEcmoa78Tg5gRHzfjk5y5eaBxzP6GEYQ

Offline city19akro

• View Profile
After all, having a certain amount of MMC is like having shares in a company. Even if you are the main shareholder or founder, it shouldn't mean your voice shouldn't be heard. On the contrary! You are the one that got the more at stake in this, so heck yeah you should vote! Just like everyone else would vote if they were in your position (well, i know i would anyway).
Props for asking the community though. I personally think that is the right way to do it.

emre

Offline kubiDei

• View Profile
Sorry for my poor English, but I should say this anyway: "low voting participation rate" all comes from low price of MMC.

When a coin (unfortunately it's MMC now) getting cheaper and cheaper, nobody cares about its features & advantages, because no one can get any profit from it, why wasting time, why don't follow another coin.

Yes of course our dream is big and we are not speculators, but definitely we need them, we need them to promote our dream, or spread the news. Combining their profits and our dreams together!

First I think the CXO team should do, is to find as many exchange platforms as possible.
Second, everything we do, we should let everyone know, like when you want to opensource, spread the news all over internet, especially in bitcointalk.org or more.

MVaXkuGitAP7x9NQa9u85XPWkgVZ4WPfye

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Ok - have started to vote.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
Short answer - Yes, and publicly.  Maybe just use part of your funds but use the same balance for yourself and other candidates, etc.  Or, use preferences and don't put yourself #1.

You should also publish development goals / campaign objectives / etc.  Think addenda to the manifesto instead of specific to-do lists.  Or, politician speaking to a community instead of government project manager.

See my confusing votes which I updated today, which is meant to implement preferences:
http://mmcvotes.com/address/MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2664.msg33143#msg33143

(Took some time manually casting all those votes...)

Basically, my first preference for each cXo is a short-term site / project of my own (I haven't written up / published yet).  I don't expect to win, but to fund them through promoting and advertising them as supporting existing cXo functions...so, I have other preferences.  The second if I don't win are the current MMC officers.  The last candidate is the Manifesto (which is what I call the spoiler-vote addresses - if development / Manifesto is complete, we can kill the block rewards). 

I could also add other personal programs or public candidates if I wanted to, but not before I put together an auto-vote script or something.
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline ManeBjorn

• View Profile
You should vote but definitely use restraint. 
I think that your input is important as it comes from a point of view the rest of us do not have.
Regardless of what you decide politics are always divisive and a big point to make is that there will be times that people disagree but it does not mean we cannot work together.
Tips Appreciated MMC | MQotia5NmKTsaXXPaN8hw2ze3Z1DNwi39s
https://www.multibet.io/index.php?ref=ManeBjorn

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
I think you should be voting.
If you want to be really strict with yourself, you could only use the ceo address to vote and not the other funds

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
Yes, do it! I think that part of your job should be to contribute your opinion regarding the officers.

The fact that you are voting for 'nobody' for CEO makes you vote for somebody... because now the money is being wasted...

But this view is coming from a candidate for the position :)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
As I announced in my interview with Katy Couric, because my shareholding is relatively large compared to voter participation, I've been abstaining from voting, leaving the community to decide the elections of the officers.

It seems that we have a low voting participation rate such that it is difficult to even replace a CNO who has announced that he is stepping down. Many shareholders are keeping their funds on Bter and so cannot vote, and others are passive, not voting. I think active shareholders are important to the success of the coin, and I'm well placed to make informed choices.

Should I be voting, and should I stay on as CEO if I am?
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher