Author Topic: The Significance of what we are doing...  (Read 14179 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:15:02 pm by CLains »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bytemaster

The long term benefit of decentralized autonomous companies is the creation of millions of information-based jobs that allow everyone to make money by contributing what they know to the market.  Whether you love music, inventions, news articles, insurance, or currency speculation there will be ample opportunities for people to make money on what they know.   

Consensus technology has the power to do for economics what the internet did for information.

Consensus technology has the power to make governments irrelevant to the provision of law, courts, crime prevention, contract enforcement, voting, or any other so-called public good. 

I am not claiming that governments will be overthrown or that people will vote them out of office, instead I mean to say that their rulings and opinions will be of no practical significance once superior consensus technologies are able to garner more influence and power through voluntary, nonviolent, entirely legal action than governments can wield at gunpoint.

Consensus technology can harness the combined power of all humanity to coordinate the discovery and aggregation of real-time knowledge previously unobtainable.   This knowledge can be used to more effectively coordinate the allocation of resources toward their most productive and valuable use.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.