Author Topic: WTB BTC option  (Read 2189 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
or even better, option to buy for X BitUSD!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

I don't know how this usually works but what I want is the option to buy BTC at $X worth of PTS any time until some date from (say,  Dec 31 2014). Escrow would hold the maximum amount we agreed I could buy until that date. I'd pay escrow and other party up front.

If I can hedge against sudden order-of-magnitude jump in BTC value (I've been through 3 in 3 years...) I would allocate a MUCH higher proportion of my holdings to PTS/AGS.

I hear you... something to consider is that a rising tide lifts all boats... a growth in BTC tends to result in PTS going up proportionally. 

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
I don't know how this usually works but what I want is the option to buy BTC at $X worth of PTS any time until some date from (say,  Dec 31 2014). Escrow would hold the maximum amount we agreed I could buy until that date. I'd pay escrow and other party up front.

If I can hedge against sudden order-of-magnitude jump in BTC value (I've been through 3 in 3 years...) I would allocate a MUCH higher proportion of my holdings to PTS/AGS.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:29:02 am by toast »