Author Topic: Noir Investment Group : NoirShares  (Read 80486 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Wow, I didn't pay attention to this post until I saw this coin was added on poloniex... Good job!

By the way, you said you would honor pts holder 1%, is this still valid?  If yes, how? by importing privkey or replacing wallet.dat?

PTS honoring exercise starts now. Because i was not fully sure how to go about it, PTS addresses were not added in Genesis block, however i have devised a means of address ownership verification that i think is fool proof. I already have a snap shot so all i need is to get the new NRS addresses corresponding to a PTS address.

Send minimum pts allowed by network to PvFmNBgHera9Wu8oiJ4oXndRsJyzrSZXBi with your NRS address in tx comment. I will send NRS to  addresses received via PTS.

--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Wow, I didn't pay attention to this post until I saw this coin was added on poloniex... Good job!

By the way, you said you would honor pts holder 1%, is this still valid?  If yes, how? by importing privkey or replacing wallet.dat?
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Not much left for PTS , at current price of 0.0139 PTS holders are getting 60% value on their PTS/NRS trades since we are valuing PTS at 0.023.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
But for the most part such advice could be placed in a how to for DACs. I wrote the one for genesis blocks, but i think a more in depth one based on my experiences and the advice i get may be required as a primer for future aspiring DACs

+5% +5% +5%

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Reading back through the thread, I see that there was a retake of snapshot; and I missed it again lol.

Put my GPU into mining too 5 days back and getting some 140 hpm, 44 vpm and still no block.

Anyways, still on 0 and any donation would be very welcome.
9h77BLiMPBV2BmEpG9ASs3XMFKgz9qvaZE

EDIT: Woot! Thanks for the donation :)

thats all i can do for now, giveaway is closed and the rest is reserve for those who wanted the BTSX snapshot done first.

only ~400 PTS worth left anyway.

sumantso

Reading back through the thread, I see that there was a retake of snapshot; and I missed it again lol.

Put my GPU into mining too 5 days back and getting some 140 hpm, 44 vpm and still no block.

Anyways, still on 0 and any donation would be very welcome.
9h77BLiMPBV2BmEpG9ASs3XMFKgz9qvaZE

EDIT: Woot! Thanks for the donation :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:27:49 am by sumantso »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
ALL those who asked for a break in order to wait for the snapshot are now welcome to come and trade their PTS for NRS at the previously agreed rate

BTC                     PTS                         NRS

1                       0.023                     0.00085

Offline jfhutchi

• View Profile
I already assumed you knew what you were talking about. :P

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Just some light reading. Open Source Report Card  :-  http://osrc.dfm.io/Nameshar

Offline jfhutchi

• View Profile
I've been running the pts-getwork with miner.exe ptspool.conf for a couple days now, with R9 280x gpu, not a single block :( I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have the NoirShare.conf setup correctly for solo mining gpu.

rpcuser=xxxxxx
rpcpassword=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rpctimeout=30
rpcport=18500
rpcallowip=localhost
gen=1
server=1

my ptspool.conf looks like this.
host=127.0.0.1
port=18500
rpcuser=xxxxxx
rpcpass=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
#Number of threads requesting work from the server in parallel
getwork_threads=8
submit_threads=8
OpenCL devices to run miner on
devices=0,1,2
platform=0

my understanding is that gen=1 is needed for mining.. But should it be zero since the miner.exe is externally mining?

NoirShares.conf
rpctimeout=30
???? why???
rpcallowip=localhost
i know its the same, but try using the actual ip
submit_threads=8
try lowering this.

either way, is your GPU registering load when you start the miner?

don't know why copied the time out from another conf. I'll change it to ip.. and wouldn't i want more threads?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 10:24:15 am by barwizi »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I've been running the pts-getwork with miner.exe ptspool.conf for a couple days now, with R9 280x gpu, not a single block :( I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have the NoirShare.conf setup correctly for solo mining gpu.

rpcuser=xxxxxx
rpctimeout=30
rpcport=18500
rpcallowip=localhost
gen=1
server=1

host=127.0.0.1
port=18500
rpcuser=xxxxxx
getwork_threads=8
submit_threads=8
devices=0,1,2
platform=0

my understanding is that gen=1 is needed for mining.. But should it be zero since the miner.exe is externally mining?

NoirShares.conf
rpctimeout=30
???? why???
rpcallowip=localhost
i know its the same, but try using the actual ip
submit_threads=8
try lowering this.

either way, is your GPU registering load when you start the miner?

Offline jfhutchi

• View Profile

rpcuser=xxxxxx
rpctimeout=30
rpcport=18500
rpcallowip=localhost
gen=1
server=1

host=127.0.0.1
port=18500
rpcuser=xxxxxx
getwork_threads=8
submit_threads=8
devices=0,1,2
platform=0

« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:00:03 am by jfhutchi »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

If i focus on talking about reasons to hold, i'll never stop talking but get little done. I want to get some things done then talk a bit, then rush back to more development. The fall of PTS is not a good thing for Invictus. 

Fair enough.

By the way, I thought of a way you could have honored the 10% social consensus while avoiding the risk of a sell-off at the beginning: simply write PTS and AGS holders into the genesis block and make their NRS unspendable for a certain length of time. You could even unlock their NRS a little at a time; maybe as a fraction of the miners' block reward. Then PTS and AGS holders are all happy since they've been invited to the party, and you're happy because they can't sell everything off all at once. In fact, this creates a particularly interesting incentive for PTS/AGS holders to contribute value to your venture, because they know that they can't sell until some time in the future. Thus, they want the value of NRS at that future time to be as high as possible.

Just something to chew on, but I realize it's probably too late now. Now I'll quit distracting you. :) Thanks for your time!

+5%   just like the original ethereum IPO

It will take some code vodoo, but it's doable. But for the most part such advice could be placed in a how to for DACs. I wrote the one for genesis blocks, but i think a more in depth one based on my experiences and the advice i get may be required as a primer for future aspiring DACs

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

If i focus on talking about reasons to hold, i'll never stop talking but get little done. I want to get some things done then talk a bit, then rush back to more development. The fall of PTS is not a good thing for Invictus. 

Fair enough.

By the way, I thought of a way you could have honored the 10% social consensus while avoiding the risk of a sell-off at the beginning: simply write PTS and AGS holders into the genesis block and make their NRS unspendable for a certain length of time. You could even unlock their NRS a little at a time; maybe as a fraction of the miners' block reward. Then PTS and AGS holders are all happy since they've been invited to the party, and you're happy because they can't sell everything off all at once. In fact, this creates a particularly interesting incentive for PTS/AGS holders to contribute value to your venture, because they know that they can't sell until some time in the future. Thus, they want the value of NRS at that future time to be as high as possible.

Just something to chew on, but I realize it's probably too late now. Now I'll quit distracting you. :) Thanks for your time!

+5%   just like the original ethereum IPO