Author Topic: Noir Investment Group : NoirShares  (Read 79618 times)

Offline bytemaster

What allocation are you doing in the genesis block?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Thanks Barwizi...  FYI, the reason I don't have hard answers on how to initialize the genesis block is because I don't know the Bitcoin code base well enough to provide the answers.   In other words, you and FreeTrade are more qualified than I to answer them.   Sure I could probably figure it out, but obviously I have other things to do.

I think sending it in the first block may be the easiest way to instruct people and is just as good.

I have figured it out, but i'll still just send the shares after launch. I can only imagine the pressure you have, good luck. And speaking of the genesis guide, take a look at the latest one and tell me what you think.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline bytemaster

Thanks Barwizi...  FYI, the reason I don't have hard answers on how to initialize the genesis block is because I don't know the Bitcoin code base well enough to provide the answers.   In other words, you and FreeTrade are more qualified than I to answer them.   Sure I could probably figure it out, but obviously I have other things to do.

I think sending it in the first block may be the easiest way to instruct people and is just as good.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
As someone attempting to claim a bounty on initializing the genesis block and also producing the unspent output list, it seems to me that you should be able to generate the proper initial balances.

Then all you have to do is create a 'spend to many' transaction in the genesis block.   

If you don't know how to initialize it in the genesis block, then simply pre-mine the balance for yourself and issue the transaction in the first block.

funny thing is, i have the balances, and the file keeps fetching and updating it'self. It is rather discouraging though that noone can tell me whether to put or remove a comma....seriously, a comma is the difference at this moment.

anyway, rather than keep bothering myself with no help, i'll follow your advice and send the balances after launch.

Offline bytemaster

As someone attempting to claim a bounty on initializing the genesis block and also producing the unspent output list, it seems to me that you should be able to generate the proper initial balances.

Then all you have to do is create a 'spend to many' transaction in the genesis block.   

If you don't know how to initialize it in the genesis block, then simply pre-mine the balance for yourself and issue the transaction in the first block. 

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
what sets it apart form Peercoin?

uh...peerCOIN... have'nt heard of the coin doing much else.

NoirShares is equity and currency for NIG.

Top post ^^
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:05:12 pm by barwizi »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
what sets it apart form Peercoin?

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
why there are more than 7000 blocks to be download when i fist time launch the client, not lunch in 8 hours? will the blockchain be reseted?

Because it hasnt been launched yet, that is probably someone who saw me working on the dev stages and decided to try get a premine in. The official genesis will be uploaded in 7 hours.

do i need to clean the local blockchain data if i wanna mine after launch in 7hours

yes you do, that chain is invalid. it has incorrect genesis block and does not include the code for adding PTS balances. Once i get an answer to my query, i'm importing the balances and uploading the code.

Offline crazybit

why there are more than 7000 blocks to be download when i fist time launch the client, not lunch in 8 hours? will the blockchain be reseted?

Because it hasnt been launched yet, that is probably someone who saw me working on the dev stages and decided to try get a premine in. The official genesis will be uploaded in 7 hours.

do i need to clean the local blockchain data if i wanna mine after launch in 7hours

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline crazybit

why there are more than 7000  blocks to be download when i fist time launch the client, not launch in 8 hours? will the blockchain be reset?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:19:28 pm by CrazyBit »

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Will you be honoring AGS and PTS?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2919.0

NRS borrows the momentum code and there have been attempts to include a small share for PTS, however as you can see...information is not forth coming on how to include the balances.

AGS has no part in NRS, i was not funded, all my work was done alone with minimal assistance.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:11:28 pm by barwizi »

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Will you be honoring AGS and PTS?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Why is it called Noirbits 2.0? Is there a 1.0 version, what happened to it?

Noirbits was my first attempt at crypto, most of my ideas turned to dust around the advent of multi-pools, the scrypt algorithm made it difficult to operate. NRT and NRB 2.0 where just ideas that i was bouncing around trying to get a feel for implementations, depth and viability. While some concepts were scrapped the accepted ones were merged into NRS, while it can be classified as an alt, it also is set to be the only accepted exchange medium on services that will be deployed once they are ready. As some are aware i have been tossing the idea of seperating crypto-currencies from the Bitcoin peg, to this end there is a serious pursit towards an exchange for NRS PTS MMC 2.0 and similar cryptos that will deal directly in fiat currencies, without need for conversion to BTC.

NRS, PTS and their derivatives are stand alone entities that need not be pegged to the value of BTC, they transcend the run of the mill cryptos in the way they are meant to be for more than P'n'D.
As a show of the dangers of reliance on the established hierachy of exchanges and the cross-conversions required, please look at this chart :-http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/btcusd  one false statement from Mt gox has turned the BTC Price into a yo-yo.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Why a DAC candidate and why the separate forums?

I think of it as a DAC candidate as it meets the D and C parts, the A part however is not true for the structures being built around it. As a Investment group, the NIG will act as a trunk from which ventures will sprout grow and evolve. Many of the ideas behind this strategy are similar to existing ones, but the implementation is different. The NIG will have a tangible footprint in the world as time progresses through investment into many areas of commerce. While the first few will mostly be crypto-industry linked and related, the hope is to expand beyond the crypto world, and instead of just cycling money between involved parties, the intention is to begin taking active steps to foray into everyday life of the average person.

More details on the workings of the NIG will be available on the noirbitstalk.org forum.