Author Topic: [POLL] How much would you sell your BTS for?  (Read 19073 times)

Offline fuzzy

That's the public part. But don't think for a moment these folks aren't playing other angles behind the scenes.

100% agreed. 

One has to wonder, then, is it possible to create a DAC that actually operates as a real exchange?  Seems to me it should be.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
That's the public part. But don't think for a moment these folks aren't playing other angles behind the scenes.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Gotta give BigVern his cut. Once he has a stash, then Cryptsy will add it.

Isn't that what transaction fees are for, by adding it he gradually becomes a Bitshares X whale.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Gotta give BigVern his cut. Once he has a stash, then Cryptsy will add it.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Do we know if Cryptsy is putting BTS on its exchange?

Pretty sure that answer is no. But if there is demand, it will be inevitable. Bitshares-PTS is there so don't see why it wouldn't and BTer as well. .

I think exchanges will be hesitant to add BTS at first because it's a test chain.

Cryptsy has implemented a voting system to add currencies to the exchange.  I believe you get 1 free vote per day and unlimited paid votes (imagine that) - though I'm not sure of what the cost of a vote is.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Pretty sure that answer is no. But if there is demand, it will be inevitable. Bitshares-PTS is there so don't see why it wouldn't and BTer as well. .

I think exchanges will be hesitant to add BTS at first because it's a test chain.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile

Offline mint chocolate chip

Which is why I suspect that at least at the beginning on cryptsy BTS will trade lower than the implied value given by the BTS market, which is packed with people who are much more bullish on BTS because of their investment in it.

Some of that may be mitigated by the fact that some of these people may be hearing about bitshares for the first time or only had a chance now to get involved with bitshares. Also it requires people going to cryptsy with their bitshares and selling them, so if they are mostly bullish on bitshares the price they would sell at would be still reasonably high. But your point is valid, just to what degree time will tell.

Offline cygnify

• View Profile
Which is why I suspect that at least at the beginning on cryptsy BTS will trade lower than the implied value given by the BTS market, which is packed with people who are much more bullish on BTS because of their investment in it.

Some of that may be mitigated by the fact that some of these people may be hearing about bitshares for the first time or only had a chance now to get involved with bitshares. Also it requires people going to cryptsy with their bitshares and selling them, so if they are mostly bullish on bitshares the price they would sell at would be still reasonably high. But your point is valid, just to what degree time will tell.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Cool, thanks for the explanation.  You're correct about shorting USD vs BTS which is why I suspect BTS will likely go to da moon.   8)

Just because everyone is trying to short BitUSD at the beggining, doesnt mean that BTS itself will trade at a large value - this is determined by what happens on the real exchanges where BTS is really handed over for BTC etc. Which is why I suspect that at least at the beginning on cryptsy BTS will trade lower than the implied value given by the BTS market, which is packed with people who are much more bullish on BTS because of their investment in it.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Shorting bitusd is going short the USD vs. BTS, correct?  Of course, finding someone to take the other side of this trade may be tough to do.
There is always one on the other side
Always  8)

Offline yellowecho

Won't it be quite risky to buy BTS at launch because of the possibility of a reset?  This will keep the price low.  Hmmm, it sounds like shorting bitusd is a freeroll.

What do you mean by 'freeroll'?  I'm not too familiar with the term.
It's my understanding that there will not be a reset unless a fatal flaw is found so the initial chain should be treated as the real chain.

Freeroll is a term for a poker tournament with a free entry.  If the price of BTS falls off a cliff on launch then it's likely there was a fatal flaw and a new chain will be initiated.  If the initial test chain works then the price of BTS will probably go to da moon.  It seems like close to a freeroll (no risk) to leverage up on BTS at launch.  Shorting bitusd is going short the USD vs. BTS, correct?  Of course, finding someone to take the other side of this trade may be tough to do.

Cool, thanks for the explanation.  You're correct about shorting USD vs BTS which is why I suspect BTS will likely go to da moon.   8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Won't it be quite risky to buy BTS at launch because of the possibility of a reset?  This will keep the price low.  Hmmm, it sounds like shorting bitusd is a freeroll.

It's my understanding that there will not be a reset unless a fatal flaw is found so the initial chain should be treated as the real chain.

Freeroll is a term for a poker tournament with a free entry.  If the price of BTS falls off a cliff on launch then it's likely there was a fatal flaw and a new chain will be initiated.  If the initial test chain works then the price of BTS will probably go to da moon.  It seems like close to a freeroll (no risk) to leverage up on BTS at launch.  Shorting bitusd is going short the USD vs. BTS, correct?  Of course, finding someone to take the other side of this trade may be tough to do.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573