Author Topic: [POLL] How much would you sell your BTS for?  (Read 19175 times)

Offline yellowecho

... should be about 132K BTS for sale between $1-$5...

Where is that number coming from?
I'm guessing it's a very non-scientific measure of ~3.3% of the amount of BTS based on the poll.  Who knows how accurate it actually is though.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
I'll sell all mine for $15/ea.
and i will buy them  :D

and i don't buy a pizza with them

Why?  If this poll is a good representation of the entire pool of BTS owners then based on this poll there should be about 132K BTS for sale between $1-$5 when they start trading.  IMO, because this poll was made in the BTS forum, it's more optimistic than the general population of BTS owners.  If this accurate you should easily be able to buy BTS at $5.  Think of this poll as the offer side of a trading book.  The lowest offer and highest bid is the market.

I'd be surprised if they were at $5...  well, maybe for the first hour or so...  (re: tendency for any new thing on cryptsy to start high then fall off quickly)

Won't it be quite risky to buy BTS at launch because of the possibility of a reset?  This will keep the price low.  Hmmm, it sounds like shorting bitusd is a freeroll.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:56:38 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
... should be about 132K BTS for sale between $1-$5...

Where is that number coming from?

Offline zvs

• View Profile

Why?  If this poll is a good representation of the entire pool of BTS owners then based on this poll there should be about 132K BTS for sale between $1-$5 when they start trading.  IMO, because this poll was made in the BTS forum, it's more optimistic than the general population of BTS owners.  If this accurate you should easily be able to buy BTS at $5.  Think of this poll as the offer side of a trading book.  The lowest offer and highest bid is the market.

I'd be surprised if they were at $5...  well, maybe for the first hour or so...  (re: tendency for any new thing on cryptsy to start high then fall off quickly)
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Why?  If this poll is a good representation of the entire pool of BTS owners then based on this poll there should be about 132K BTS for sale between $1-$5 when they start trading.  IMO, because this poll was made in the BTS forum, it's more optimistic than the general population of BTS owners.  If this is accurate you should easily be able to buy BTS at $5.  Think of this poll as the offer side of a trading book.  The lowest offer and highest bid is the market. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:51:54 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline zvs

• View Profile
OK, I'll post again then after they're finally "launched".

Assuming I get any (re: PTS frozen on beedui).
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
If anyone on here is willing to sell there Bitshares for less than $20 a piece let me know and I'll buy $1,000 worth of your shares :)
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline JA

• View Profile

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:23:58 am by jabbajabba »

Offline zvs

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Excellent. I think the most important thing is to get this first one right. Once it is in place and working well, then the sky is the limit with others, but no need to duplicate the formula until it's proven. It WILL be a winner, but some short term tweaking may be needed.

To all of you working long nights on this, the rest of us "passive investor" types do not take this for granted. You are helping create one hell of an opportunity, not only to make lots of money but also to improve the world for tons of people. Thanks for everything you are doing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 05:31:53 am by donkeypong »

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
if price of PTS is now around 8$, and yesterday was around 15$, does that mean that 1.29 BTS = 7$ and 1BTS ~ 5.4$ if my math is correct

yesterday  => today
1PTS 15$  => 1PTS 8$ + 1.29BTS 7$ = 15$

no value is created nor destroyed

Value is created and destroyed because it's all in our mind and thinking. What you mean is energy isn't created or destroyed. That is not the same as value.

So if we change our minds or if we learn new infomation, we can change the value of anything or destroy the value of anything. What doesn't change is the imprint it leaves.

All actions are forever.

The best way to get an estimate of the price is to look at what people are pricing it at on this forum. It's between $100-1000 as a consensus and most people swing toward $500-1000.

But that consensus is how much we think it's worth, how much we actually sell for depends on the other opportunities that exist. Some people might sell some Bitshares to invest in something else, or just to pay their bills. Personally I wouldn't do something so silly but some people might.

The way Bitshares are designed, if it's actually deflationary like I think, then we should be putting every penny we have into BitUSD. BitUSD is more stable than the US dollar at holding value and there is no volatility. It makes sense to put as much money as you can into BitUSD to preserve your profit. If you want to speculate Bitshares will allow for that too.

I think of Bitshares as the perfect stock. It's an even better investment than Asicminer was because Asicminer was only good until difficulty caught up with it. http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ejcul/6k_invested_in_the_asicminer_ipo_would_value_12m/

Bitshares will get better as an investment as it becomes more popular and you can lock your profits in forever in BitUSD.

The only mistake is they went with BitUSD exclusively. There are a lot of other currencies like the Euro for example. I suppose they went with the world reserve currency for a reason.

The first test chain was recommended to have a limited suite of assets until it is proven and so we get to a robust market depth sooner.  As the market deepens and the software matures, more and more assets can be added.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Talos

• View Profile

What if BitBTC goes down because of some negative media attention due to Mt Gox or some arrests?

Again, I would rather hold something that has no or very small and predictable inflation like BitBTC or BitGold, definitely not BitUSD. On negative news on BTC go short on BitBTC and not long on BitUSD. (No fiat or fiat assets for me  8))

But there pops up a question, are you an investor or a trader? You could use Bitshares for both.

I wonder how good will technical analysis be in this system? It's been proven that it is not so good in cryptocurrency but what about bitassets?

Very interesting times ahead of us, this is just awesome  :D
The poll is interesting too, as perhaps around 20% might sell on launch based on a lowest expected Bitshares-PTS value - the remainder who say they won't sell (80%) are likely to mop these up I would guess, if these voting ratios are a correct estimate.

Offline Kenof

• View Profile

What if BitBTC goes down because of some negative media attention due to Mt Gox or some arrests?

Again, I would rather hold something that has no or very small and predictable inflation like BitBTC or BitGold, definitely not BitUSD. On negative news on BTC go short on BitBTC and not long on BitUSD. (No fiat or fiat assets for me  8))

But there pops up a question, are you an investor or a trader? You could use Bitshares for both.

I wonder how good will technical analysis be in this system? It's been proven that it is not so good in cryptocurrency but what about bitassets?

Very interesting times ahead of us, this is just awesome  :D
Making life easier.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

The way Bitshares are designed, if it's actually deflationary like I think, then we should be putting every penny we have into BitUSD. BitUSD is more stable than the US dollar at holding value and there is no volatility. It makes sense to put as much money as you can into BitUSD to preserve your profit. If you want to speculate Bitshares will allow for that too.

Bitshares will get better as an investment as it becomes more popular and you can lock your profits in forever in BitUSD.

Why would anyone bother with USD anymore, BitUSD is ok if there is no inflation in USD, also there is BitBTC with no inflation in BTC (after all mined out).

If you go long with BitBTC you get  +5% BTC which is in my opinion way way better than  +5% USD

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads