Author Topic: 1 AGS worth more than 1 PTS  (Read 19939 times)

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
If we were to buy back PTS with AGS funds then we would only do so after discussing with the forum and in a very public / controlled way.   We will not secretly buy back PTS with AGS funds.   I still maintain that it is not a good idea and thus not likely to happen.

See this worries me... in one moment invictus call us stockholders... and then we're donators on another page... even making the statement "buy back PTS" implies it is company stock/value... so legally we own invictus and PTS is the method in which we claim ownership... so my next question is, can I get a copy of the minutes from the last board meeting, and when is the shareholder meeting planned... because I've got questionnnnsssssss.

Offline bytemaster

If we were to buy back PTS with AGS funds then we would only do so after discussing with the forum and in a very public / controlled way.   We will not secretly buy back PTS with AGS funds.   I still maintain that it is not a good idea and thus not likely to happen. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

Will you guys ever buy back PTS, for example to spread your huge BTS stash?

That would be like a growing tech company doing a stock buy back rather than investing in developing real products just after the IPO.
So, you will buy back PTS or not?

We would only do a buy back if we felt that PTS was way undervalued and we felt we could make money for AGS holders through buying back PTS.... waiting for them to grow in value, and then selling them again to result in greater capital for Invictus to work with.   I will not tie my hands any particular way, but I will say that I would not do so in some misguided attempt to manipulate the market as that would be a quick way to lose money.

I hope you don't attempt any market manipulation. Not only will it reflect badly, it will also throw a spanner in my strategy (and others' too I would assume). In the ever changing distribution scenario its difficult to formulate a strategy as it is, and possible manipulation by I3 will cause a lot of problems.

Offline bytemaster

That would be like a growing tech company doing a stock buy back rather than investing in developing real products just after the IPO.

We would only do a buy back if we felt that PTS was way undervalued and we felt we could make money for AGS holders through buying back PTS.... waiting for them to grow in value, and then selling them again to result in greater capital for Invictus to work with.   I will not tie my hands any particular way, but I will say that I would not do so in some misguided attempt to manipulate the market as that would be a quick way to lose money.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline masking

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

Invictus has promised to never take PTS or BTC received as AGS donations in order to purchase AGS.   
We do however, encourage employees and contractors to donate to AGS with their own money. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I think the window for getting low price PTS only couple hours on 28th.  3I has controlled almost 2/3 PTS(1M) through AGS /mining and early buy in.   so you can not expect 3I can hand off on pts price dropping on and after 28th. 

Now that everybody seems to think that PTS will drop sharply in value on midnight 28/2 the illiquidity of AGS seems to become secondary.
I expect PTS donations to reach 10-12 k a day quite soon and then level off until the night of nights :)

I guess I3 owns own PTS (and AGS) aquired by mining and buying in. The PTS acquired through AGS donations are funds held to increase the value of the ecosystem...

After the 28th, would I3 buy cheap PTS or even donate BTC to get AGS with the BTC collected through AGS donations up to now? 

Offline mint chocolate chip

Is anyone else holding out for 100 AGS/BTC again before they donate more?

No chance before Feb 28. With all the new updates, AGS will give you almosr 3x Bitshares than PTS.

In fact, I expect people to sell off PTS to get more AGS.

Can you elaborate? I thought AGS will give the same amount of BTS as PTS. How is it giving you 3x bitshares? (Perhaps I missed an update somewhere)

1/2 of the bitshares goes to AGS and the other 1/2 to PTS, with each getting 2 million. On February 28th, over 1.5 million PTS will exist and less than 600,000 AGS will exist, so the 2 million will be divided among those  numbers making the ratio of bitshares per AGS substantially more than the ratio of bitshares per PTS.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile
I think the window for getting low price PTS only couple hours on 28th.  3I has controlled almost 2/3 PTS(1M) through AGS /mining and early buy in.   so you can not expect 3I can hand off on pts price dropping on and after 28th. 

Now that everybody seems to think that PTS will drop sharply in value on midnight 28/2 the illiquidity of AGS seems to become secondary.
I expect PTS donations to reach 10-12 k a day quite soon and then level off until the night of nights :)
微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline Markus

• View Profile

sumantso

No chance before Feb 28. With all the new updates, AGS will give you almosr 3x Bitshares than PTS.

In fact, I expect people to sell off PTS to get more AGS.

Offline Markus

• View Profile

That'll be early March then.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy