Author Topic: List of all DACs  (Read 11021 times)

Offline devilfish

• View Profile
Not sure if this fits...

Aether, a decentralized reddit like message board.

That's pretty interesting stuff http://www.getaether.net/ for those that are want to know more
BTC: 1MqCxQ2qD7ZuS3ELFY43wfaBTbA2XkYwDP
PTS: PiuFEJHz6zScALgPWzcu2SDKtWJW4cnUFi
XPM: Af5qzgsEwWaHZdGUq8dUoHkhmH4XBmnGW9

Offline Beetle559

• View Profile
Not sure if this fits...

Aether, a decentralized reddit like message board.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Things are taking shape.  Loving it..  Absolutely loving it..  yay
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline bytemaster

So the website (invictus-innovations.com) says Keyhotee, DAC will launch on new years eve (have I got that right?)

So I'm assuming BitShares, DAC will launch some time before that?

No after...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
So the website (invictus-innovations.com) says Keyhotee, DAC will launch on new years eve (have I got that right?)

So I'm assuming BitShares, DAC will launch some time before that?

Offline bytemaster

What future DACs does Invictus Innovations have in its pipeline (DACs that will be forked off the PTS chain).

From what I can gather Invictus Innovations plans to launch the following DACs in the future.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

- DomainShares, a DAC replacement for Namecoin (to be launched this year)
- BitShares, a competitor to Mastercoin (to be launched this year)
- Keyhotee, a DAC replacement for OpenID
- LuckyShares, a DAC that decentralized gambling

Are there any others in the pipeline?
Thanks

We have a dozen or so half baked ideas.    The biggest one that you are missing is VoteShares which uses Keyhotee ID / Zerocoin tech.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
What future DACs does Invictus Innovations have in its pipeline (DACs that will be forked off the PTS chain).

From what I can gather Invictus Innovations plans to launch the following DACs in the future.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

- DomainShares, a DAC replacement for Namecoin (to be launched this year)
- BitShares, a competitor to Mastercoin (to be launched this year)

Are there any others in the pipeline?
Thanks

Offline bytemaster

Well bitshares, domainshares, etc aren't DACs because they don't exist yet. To be a DAC you must first exist.

They are both DACs in the process of being created. They will be full DACs when they're released.

They are designs for DACs that could exist.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Well bitshares, domainshares, etc aren't DACs because they don't exist yet. To be a DAC you must first exist.

They are both DACs in the process of being created. They will be full DACs when they're released.
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline pigeons

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Could Hawala be the first DAC?

I think if we go that broad it waters down the meaning of the word DAC.   THe market could be called a DAC....

I think that for all practical purposes a DAC requires a global ledger of some form which is near impossible for any one individual to corrupt.

Offline BitBastard

• View Profile
Could Hawala be the first DAC?

Offline bytemaster

Bitcoin is the first DAC

How do we identify a DAC?   

A DAC must have a 'life of its own' and all life is required to produce more value than it consumes or it will start to die. 

Keyhotee - replacement for bitmessage

BitShares - is a family of exchange related DACs... please share what features you think it is missing that Mastercoin has. 

I will have to think about whether or not Ripple is a DAC... I would tend to think it is.

We should come up with a classification for different DACs.    Most of the ones we are creating generate profit for the share holders.  Bitcoin & Alts pay all profits as expenses to miners.  Ripple consumes its stock through operation, which is kind of like a reverse dividend making Ripple more scarce. 

BitMessage-like DACs operate on a barter system with no equity position...

Colored Coins are not DACs because they are just digital bearer bonds and any individual colored coin would be worthless without its centralized backer. 

Offline ripper234

• View Profile
Let's compile a list of all known DACs. I added what I know to the Bitcoin wiki.

Bitcoin, the first DAC?

Bitcoin forks

Ripple Labs is borderline ... they are a registered company and could be ordered to shutdown. The protocol is perhaps a DAC.

Mastercoin, a DAC replacement for Forex, Shares, and much more.

ProtoShares, a meta DAC with the purpose of privding infrastructure for other DACs. It is composed of
- DomainShares, a DAC replacement for Namecoin
- BitShares, a competitor to Mastercoin (with much more limited feature set IMHO)
- VoteShares, a Decentralized, Authenticated, Anonymous voting system.
- Other infrastructure components to follow... ?

Mitosys - a DAC replacement for Bit-Message

Colored Coins are working on defining themselves as a DAC ... I haven't seen a working business model yet.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:59:30 pm by bytemaster »