Author Topic: When Can We Start Mining Our Idenity?  (Read 2568 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Regarding mining, I heard Bytemaster mention in his earlier talks that the time to mine an identity would be targeted at 1 hour on a regular desktop machine. Where does that leave keyhotee cellphone clients?

Will we have to mine on a desktop and then transfer our private keys over to phones (nasty solution)? My assumption here is that 1 hour mining time on a desktop is equivalent to many hours on a phone.

There could be lots of mobile social apps that sit on top of the keyhotee blockchain (i.e. a properly secure WhatsApp), but this couldnt work if mining an identity is too expensive on mobile.

Offline COiN

• View Profile
Keep us posted on this!  :)

Offline bytemaster

official blockchain is not ready yet ... no mining atm give them a few more weeks

Dan N. is working very hard on this.  He is a vary cautious sort (more so than I am).  We have about 100 people that have yet to register their IDs and that is probably due to lack of a Mac client.   We have a bounty out for a nightly build with Mac / Linux and Windows versions which the guys working on it say should be done by the 28th.  This should significantly reduce our workload in releasing alpha tests and help everyone out.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
official blockchain is not ready yet ... no mining atm give them a few more weeks

Offline Sage

• View Profile