Author Topic: Newbiee and I got questions  (Read 2670 times)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Thanks, but all this is for windows users it seems and doesn't help since am on Mac OS X.

Yvg1900 has miner for MACOS too, for your CPU, please download this one
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvp4wwek8jpohj7/p0w0yckECk/yam-yvg1900-M7m-macos64-core2.tgz

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline CourtJesterG

• View Profile
    • An Exhibition Blog
Thanks, but all this is for windows users it seems and doesn't help since am on Mac OS X.
Check out my 500px photography store:
http://500px.com/richardshawnfaust/store

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
PTS mining now supports both CPU and GPU mining, so I think it's a mix of CPU algo and script algo. According to you rig, I suggest you use the miner of yvg1900 for WIN64 CORE 2 to mine in ypool, for example.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvp4wwek8jpohj7/WH5LFDnjP4/yam-yvg1900-M7m-win64-core2.zip

Read the readme.txt to know how to setup the miner firstly.

Your GPU is not that good, but you can still have a try. Use the CUDA miner in the below link for GPU mining at the same time:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2214.0

Offline CourtJesterG

• View Profile
    • An Exhibition Blog
Well right now I have: Graphics  NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB,  8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3,  2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo its a Mac Mini, I control the Fan speed with iStat Menu's. Actually last night I went to go mine a coin, and I use Poolers CPU miner alone with Asteroid GUIMiner, Poolers CPU miner was pumping out better hash rates, and I left both to mine, sometimes have a hash rate of 25 KHash/s with both. My temp was around 70 C the whole time. I have another computer a PC that I have to fix, its have two CPU's and a Geforece3 with 64mb and I think 2-4 GB of ram, 32 bit. its older, but could use it as a worker headless. I plan on buying some equipment but am unsure what to buy yet.

- Also, am trying to understand how PTS is different in the fact with mining. Someone said you ca't use say Poolers CPU miner. So exactly what am I mining, a scrypt coin or a sha coin? Or is the PTS Share a completely different coin, besides it being a share which I read up and understand the PTS and AGS.

Thanks for replying back, and I have the new wallet also.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
"Setgenerate true" is what's called solo mining, and "collisionspermin" : 7.14771954 " is  your mining speed, but it's way too low and not worth a try. You need a pool to start mining.

If you are really interested, you need to check the mining subforum and read a few posts before starting, to know which pool to go, and what mining software to use, for the best mining efficiency. Of course, you can also tell us what's you CPU and GPU, I can recommend you the pool and miner software to get a decent efficiency.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Hi CourtJesterG,

Mining with the PTS wallet is not recommended, there are several optimized CPU and GPU miners for you to use. I have to run now but check back later and if there are no replies I'll answer in more detail, a good place to start would be here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=11.0 Cheers!
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline CourtJesterG

• View Profile
    • An Exhibition Blog
Hi am used to mining in pools and such. I did notice on GitHub they have a 1.00 version wallet, but it seems the mining features are taken out and hence has been rebranded compared to the site I got this Protoshares wallet from which has it has 0.20. I managed to add nodes and sync to the network and my data is up to date. Am also mining as well from what I can tell doing 4threads. Am running on a mac os x.

Usually with wallets they put a folder in user/library/coinname/ and have have the block dat, and such info, this I believe is also where you would usually put a .conf file as well I think. Yet I don't see one that was made for this wallet, so i don't even know where that information was downloaded too! Anybody know or can help out? Also since am used to mining in a pool, how does it all work when mining from the wallet solo with the network and such? Like I don't have a worker or anything just my wallet address, unless the .config file has the info. So am a little lost how it all works and is there anything else that I have to do on my part. Can you help me understand, thanks.

- My other question is I did the getmininginfo in console, HERE is my information: Is this info correct? I mean I notice some people have generate as either true or false from what I tell on the posts I read. Also what goes it all mean?

{
"blocks" : 52937,
"currentblocksize" : 58595,
"currentblocktx" : 22,
"difficulty" : 0.01724706,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : 4,
"collisionspermin" : 7.14771954,
"pooledtx" : 32,
"testnet" : false
}

- My other question is now that I notice is the help command in console, I pressed it and lists all the commands. I noticed you can set generate to true and I have done that. I still don't know what it does. Nor what the rest of these commands actually do, hence nobody put a descrition anywhere and I can't find that answer.:

Again thanks for the help am really interested in this.

COMMANDS:

addmultisigaddress <nrequired> <'["key","key"]'> [account]
addnode <node> <add|remove|onetry>
backupwallet <destination>
createmultisig <nrequired> <'["key","key"]'>
createrawtransaction [{"txid":txid,"vout":n},...] {address:amount,...}
decoderawtransaction <hex string>
dumpprivkey <protosharesaddress>
encryptwallet <passphrase>
getaccount <protosharesaddress>
getaccountaddress <account>
getaddednodeinfo <dns> [node]
getaddressesbyaccount <account>
getbalance [account] [minconf=1]
getblock <hash>
getblockcount
getblockhash <index>
getblocktemplate [params]
getconnectioncount
getdifficulty
getgenerate
getcollisionspermin
getinfo
getmininginfo
getnewaddress [account]
getpeerinfo
getrawmempool
getrawtransaction <txid> [verbose=0]
getreceivedbyaccount <account> [minconf=1]
getreceivedbyaddress <protosharesaddress> [minconf=1]
gettransaction <txid>
gettxout <txid> <n> [includemempool=true]
gettxoutsetinfo
getwork [data]
help [command]
importprivkey <protosharesprivkey> [label] [rescan=true]
keypoolrefill
listaccounts [minconf=1]
listaddressgroupings
listlockunspent
listreceivedbyaccount [minconf=1] [includeempty=false]
listreceivedbyaddress [minconf=1] [includeempty=false]
listsinceblock [blockhash] [target-confirmations]
listtransactions [account] [count=10] [from=0]
listunspent [minconf=1] [maxconf=9999999] ["address",...]
lockunspent unlock? [array-of-Objects]
move <fromaccount> <toaccount> <amount> [minconf=1] [comment]
sendfrom <fromaccount> <toprotosharesaddress> <amount> [minconf=1] [comment] [comment-to]
sendmany <fromaccount> {address:amount,...} [minconf=1] [comment]
sendrawtransaction <hex string>
sendtoaddress <protosharesaddress> <amount> [comment] [comment-to]
setaccount <protosharesaddress> <account>
setgenerate <generate> [genproclimit]
settxfee <amount>
signmessage <protosharesaddress> <message>
signrawtransaction <hex string> [{"txid":txid,"vout":n,"scriptPubKey":hex,"redeemScript":hex},...] [<privatekey1>,...] [sighashtype="ALL"]
stop
submitblock <hex data> [optional-params-obj]
validateaddress <protosharesaddress>
verifymessage <protosharesaddress> <signature> <message>