Author Topic: Forking  (Read 5919 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We don't want to be greedy here. The moment AGS/PTS holders get a bad reputation their AGS/PTS will be worthless, as someone will fork everything we have and join the opposition in spite.

We need to fork by an honorable code that people will respect and give credit. Only if this honorable code is fair such that we are given proportional to our due investments will this work.

Fortunately, this is just the way Invictus has been developing. They focus on developing a social consensus, honoring a social contract and having a good reputation.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 12:50:15 pm by CLains »

bitbro

Maybe DACs will be forked multiple times, say first Ethereum comes out and is forked to PTS/AGS and donation pool at 40/40/10  ,  then someone forks it to 50/50 AGS/PTS,  then someone forks it to 100% AGS, then another to 100% PTS .......... How might the market support this?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I'd endorse this idea even without 50/50.

There are plenty of situations where I would be ok with having only 4/5ths of my share if the remaining 5th was allocated to fundraising for development for that DAC. Just like allocating 100% for development means you sacrifice distribution appeal, allocating 100% for distribution means you sacrifice other benefits you could have.

You have the right idea though, Stan wrote a whole post describing how we should expect this to happen.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

bitbro

BitShares PTS/AGS holders should fork every single DAC that's produced to 50/50 of total equity just because.  We should even fork major developments like Ethereum as soon as they launch.

How can we be as sharp as possible at this? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk