Author Topic: what advantages/disadvantages do btc donations  (Read 2728 times)

Offline progmac

• View Profile
i finally got around to donating yesterday most of what i had planned on donating and it was just brutal.  trying not to think about it too much.
if you want to support my incoherent ramblings
Bitshares PTS: PrziMMpXMMu948j5H7yvj3Ry8mnZBbsMYR

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Correct. The price of BTC has dropped, so people who were dollar-cost-averaging got an advantage and people who were bitcoin-cost-averaging got a disadvantage.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Sort of like that. The more people donate their btc for 5000 AGS allocations as i have observed, the less AGS .  <--- disadvantage . I have also noticed that even though  I got less AGS the value of it against USD is higher. <--- advantage.  Is this correct?

Offline toast

• View Profile
What do you mean that it exceeded the allocation? 50 btc is as arbitrary as any other value. Are you saying BTC AGS donations are undervalued?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

OK so these are the factors, hmmm how about the advantages/disadvantages that the allocation has been exceeded by donated btc?

ags_reward = your_donation * 5000 / total_donation

Offline toast

• View Profile
ags_reward = your_donation * 5000 / total_donation

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Hi

is there advantages/disadvantages that donations of of BTC (bitcoin) for AGS exceeds more than 50BTC(5000 AGS allocation /day) . It has come to my attention that last week  I had donated just 0.059 btc and yielded 5.4 AGS. Total BTC donated that day was 54 BTC. When I again donated a higher BTC value of 0.147 btc, it yielded only 4.8AGS. a much lower value , but total BTC donated was 150. What are the factors determining the values of AGS?

Thank you
:)