Author Topic: Donate to AGS after Feb 28???  (Read 2743 times)

Offline bytemaster

Your private keys will give you a starting balance in future DACs.

How much of the new DACs will you get compared to PTS... if I have 10 AGS and 10 PTS... will future DACs pay the same, or will AGS continue to get this 3x more people keep talking about?

In the future there will be 2 M AGS and 2 M PTS and thus they will pay the same.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile

How much of the new DACs will you get compared to PTS... if I have 10 AGS and 10 PTS... will future DACs pay the same, or will AGS continue to get this 3x more people keep talking about?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline aasl

• View Profile
AGS is in exactly the same boat as PTS. If you own AGS on Feb 28, you get a share of BTS. If you buy AGS after Feb 28, you won't get BTS for it, but you will still get a share of all future DACs. Thus, it's likely that AGS (and PTS) will be cheaper after Feb 28 than it is now, because right now it has the value of BTS built into it. There's no way to predict how much cheaper it will be.

Of course you'll still be able to donate to AGS after Feb 28, because BTS isn't the only DAC that Invictus plans to launch.

The question of "better" is impossible to answer right now because we don't know the market prices of PTS or AGS post-Feb 28.

I thought AGS cannot be bought or transferred, right? I do not quite understand how eventually AGS can be used/redeemed.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
AGS is in exactly the same boat as PTS. If you own AGS on Feb 28, you get a share of BTS. If you buy AGS after Feb 28, you won't get BTS for it, but you will still get a share of all future DACs. Thus, it's likely that AGS (and PTS) will be cheaper after Feb 28 than it is now, because right now it has the value of BTS built into it. There's no way to predict how much cheaper it will be.

Of course you'll still be able to donate to AGS after Feb 28, because BTS isn't the only DAC that Invictus plans to launch.

The question of "better" is impossible to answer right now because we don't know the market prices of PTS or AGS post-Feb 28.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline aasl

• View Profile
Hi. Just raise this issue for discussion:

PTS is said to finalize the snapshot of exchanging BTS on Feb 28. At the same time, AGS, which will eventually converted to BTS, is still accepting PTS donations (200 days since Jan 1). So my question is: after Feb 28, is it still better to donate to AGS than keeping PTS?