Author Topic: 0.1 PTS/ea - EASY MONEY: Post Undiscovered Articles & Press Here - [CLOSED]  (Read 22376 times)

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
Working through the list now.  About halfway done.

I added two columns to the table:  Pass QA (whether the URL meets minimum requirements) and Notes (specifies reason for rejecting URLs).

Pass QA can have one of three values:

• Y - URL meets minimum requirements and should be reviewed by I3 team.
  • ? - I was unable to determine whether the URL meets minimum requirements.  Review by I3 team recommended.
  • N - URL does not meet minimum requirements and does not need to be reviewed by I3 team.

Reasons why a URL gets rejected include:

• Broken link - The URL does not link to a valid resource, or I am unable to get the resource to load in my browser.
  • Duplicate - The URL was submitted in a post that was created after another post that already mentions that URL.
  • LTB - The URL links to an article by Lets Talk Bitcoin, which is not eligible.
  • Not article - The URL links to a forum, aggregation, homepage or other resource that is not an article.
  • Not press - The URL links to a whitepaper or other instructional article that does not qualify as press/news.
  • Off-topic - The URL links to an article that does not cover, or is only tangentially related to, any of the required topics.
  • Repost - The URL links to a repost or summary of another article rather than the article itself.

I went ahead and activated a filter, so only the "Y" and "?" URLs appear.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 09:20:58 am by todofixthis »

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
Awesome!  I'm glad the spreadsheet was useful!

I'll start going through the links and filter out the wheat from the chaff (:

Offline bytemaster

I would like to offer someone 10 PTS to go through all submissions, remove duplicates or simple reposts, and create an XLS spreadsheet of links, posters, and PTS addresses that may need paid.   Very simple table, sorted by PTS address to be paid.   

Brian and I will then sort through this table and make payments by the 28th.   Anything posted after this post will not be paid out prior to the 28th.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7LvCIBXrQovQ53WbPgoc0yFFmPt_-eXLxjxl4V5NGc/edit#gid=0

Notes:

• Duplicates are highlighted in gray.
  • I used the last edit date for any edited posts to be fair.  I'm kicking myself for this one, as I edited my post early on to add a note pointing out that a previous post had been edited to include the link I already posted.  But I'll forfeit the 1 PTS so that I can apply the rules consistently to everyone.
  • LetsTalkBitcoin.com [re]posts are highlighted in red.

Thanks for putting this together.   You have earned your 10 PTS... now can you please filter out anything that doesn't meet this qualification:

I'm looking for formal articles and stories written from large or small sources, well written blog posts, etc. In other words, something we'd be proud to post in our Press section, without editing. Also, negative press also counts, so send that as well!  Thanks and happy searching.

A quick sample of many of the links revealed they did not meet the spec.  200 links to visit will be very time consuming, especially if many are reposts.  One simply had a title and no content.  We certainly couldn't proudly link many of these articles on our website.    Another 5 PTS for filtering it down to articles that are actually worth our time to look at.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
Will this be paid before the snapshot?  :)

That's the plan.  See bytemaster's post:

Brian and I will then sort through this table and make payments by the 28th.   Anything posted after this post will not be paid out prior to the 28th.

Offline Nutterboy

• View Profile
PTS : PrMXhxY8mFugrzR1FZcPYw5qXHvZ4NAACH

Offline 70231f697a2b3c2b

• View Profile
I would like to offer someone 10 PTS to go through all submissions, remove duplicates or simple reposts, and create an XLS spreadsheet of links, posters, and PTS addresses that may need paid.   Very simple table, sorted by PTS address to be paid.   

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z7LvCIBXrQovQ53WbPgoc0yFFmPt_-eXLxjxl4V5NGc/edit#gid=0

Notes:

• Duplicates are highlighted in gray.
  • I used the last edit date for any edited posts to be fair.  I'm kicking myself for this one, as I edited my post early on to add a note pointing out that a previous post had been edited to include the link I already posted.  But I'll forfeit the 1 PTS so that I can apply the rules consistently to everyone.
  • LetsTalkBitcoin.com [re]posts are highlighted in red.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:07:52 pm by todofixthis »

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I am going to reduce this bounty to 0.1 PTS / each after this post.

Offline jernau

• View Profile
PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline bytemaster

Wow.  Great contributions.  This will go pending while we sort through what we have here.  B
Does this mean that you're not accepting submissions anymore?

Keep submitting them...