Author Topic: We must hurry, bitMessage has ID now  (Read 5671 times)

Offline idealist

• View Profile
I propose that the theory 'Time = Money' is scrapped for the theory that 'Time = Art'.

If you take the time to do it right, you will have a better product in the end.

Rushing causes you to loose focus.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
For a messaging system to really take off it needs to be ridiculously easy and free to use, therefore having to pay for a name in the namecoin system is too high a barrier.

So IMHO Bitmessage provides no competition to Keyhotee. Once Keyhotee can do free distributed name registration, VOIP, online as well as offline messages, it will blow everything else out of the water.

Oh it needs mobile app versions as well.

Edit: Tox looks good - Im not sure how they do name registration.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:23:16 am by trader »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
If you or Dan N. is a bottle neck then you're doing something wrong unless it's 100% unavoidable, as for instance it might be if only that person knows how to do the particular thing they are doing.

Dan L is literally the only person on the project capable of developing BTS. I keep making this point and nobody hears it.
I've tried building BTS on both ubuntu and osx from clean OS installs and all build instructions failed in one way or another.

A few of us hear it and grudgingly take it at face value. It's just hard for someone who hasn't worked on a project like this to understand why throwing money at the project and hiring more people isn't a helpful option.

Switching to Python, on the other hand... Now that would be awesome.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Nimrod

• View Profile
The development progress of keyhotee is too slow.  :-\

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
If you or Dan N. is a bottle neck then you're doing something wrong unless it's 100% unavoidable, as for instance it might be if only that person knows how to do the particular thing they are doing.

Dan L is literally the only person on the project capable of developing BTS. I keep making this point and nobody hears it.
I've tried building BTS on both ubuntu and osx from clean OS installs and all build instructions failed in one way or another.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
Time is money.Money is also Time.Give the money so you can save the time.Bounties is good,but it is also slow.I think,we need more full time programmer.We need stronger team.
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Also, hire some young people. They will reimagine everything. They learn quickly. They don't have preconcieved limits on what is possible. They don't have a sense of entitlement. They commit more easily. They know their way around parallel, chaotic online environments. They are mold-able. They can stay healthy on caffeine and pizza for weeks without becoming excessively depressed or tired. They have an urgent sense of possibility, and naive optimism about changing the world, etcetc.

At the back of my mind I suspect that NXT might have attracted a lot of young people, and I think this will become evident very quickly in the coming months.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 05:25:55 pm by CLains »

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Now bitMessage can interact with namecoin to use Id instead of human-unfriendly address.
We must hurry.
Network effect is everything.

Noted... if only whips could make Dan N. code faster... any ideas?

This is the benefit of going with Python instead of C++. C++ takes longer to write and debug and it allows Python coders to do a lot more in less time. CounterParty is another example.

I must say, I agree.
CounterParty is written in Python?
Time is money. Time is First Mover Advantage of network effect and network effect is everything.
NXT is another example.

UPDATE:
It seems that BitMessage is also written in python?
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Now bitMessage can interact with namecoin to use Id instead of human-unfriendly address.
We must hurry.

This is the benefit of going with Python instead of C++. C++ takes longer to write and debug and it allows Python coders to do a lot more in less time. CounterParty is another example.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Nimrod

• View Profile
We must hurry.

Hire more good programmer? :D

Offline yellowecho

Keyhotee and Bitshares are supposed to launch around the same time, right?

How far off is the DomainShares DAC?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline jae208

• View Profile
We must hurry.

carrots on a stick over his head in front of him
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline bytemaster

We must hurry.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
We must hurry.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed