Author Topic: Exchanges Honoring PTS / BTS Split on the 28th  (Read 7554 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
so that means it would be possible to hold pts on bter/btc38 on snap shot date?
How would that provide options for speculators? By trading BterBTS against BTS?

By allowing people to buy and sell their BTS positions into/out of Bitcoin.

Sorry for not getting it. Isnt this what an exchange is supposed to do? Or will that be possible before the 28th?

Offline bytemaster

By allowing people to buy and sell their BTS positions into/out of Bitcoin.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:41:12 pm by delulo »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Yes but they won't include any address with under like 0.0001 (not sure about the exact number)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline KhabsCat

• View Profile
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else, but will fractional shares of PTS count towards the new shares? Thanks.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
We have likely commitments from btc38 and bter that they will be honoring the BTS split from PTS on the 28th.   You will not be able to withdraw your BTS from these exchanges until after the BitShares XT network is finalized and assumed secure (not needing a reset).  This provides an interesting option for people wishing to speculate on BitShares X during the testing phase.

We will be getting more information regarding how these exchanges will handle this prior to the 28th.   So do not consider this an 'all clear' to leave your balance there, but do be on notice that this option may be available to you.
I dont get it .. does this mean, they will send us the privatekeys for the bts (corresponding to the pts in our wallets there)??

Your PTS private keys *are* your BTS private keys, the public keys are embedded in the genesis block
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We have likely commitments from btc38 and bter that they will be honoring the BTS split from PTS on the 28th.   You will not be able to withdraw your BTS from these exchanges until after the BitShares XT network is finalized and assumed secure (not needing a reset).  This provides an interesting option for people wishing to speculate on BitShares X during the testing phase.

We will be getting more information regarding how these exchanges will handle this prior to the 28th.   So do not consider this an 'all clear' to leave your balance there, but do be on notice that this option may be available to you.
I dont get it .. does this mean, they will send us the privatekeys for the bts (corresponding to the pts in our wallets there)??

Offline bytemaster

This might have been discussed alot and asked way too many times, so sorry for my ignorance.

I was just wondering, I mined about 150 PTS last year and sold them. Do I get any BTS or does one have to be holding PTS to get BTS? My total 150 PTS were all mined.

Thanks.

You must hold them on the snapshot date.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline smokim11

• View Profile

This might have been discussed alot and asked way too many times, so sorry for my ignorance.

I was just wondering, I mined about 150 PTS last year and sold them. Do I get any BTS or does one have to be holding PTS to get BTS? My total 150 PTS were all mined.

Thanks.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline bytemaster