Author Topic: How to Make Money on Initial Bitshares Chain!  (Read 7424 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

clout

You make money buy shorting bitUSD and bitBTC

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
If someone is tempted to sell their shares at the beginning, they should at least buy BitUSD instead of selling the shares. This (theoretically) will let you lock in your profits commission free, without totally exiting the Bitshares ecosystem. The only question is how much BitUSD will actually track the inverse price of BTS on the centralized exchanges. Its going to be fascinating to watch.

That is a good point and I agree that they should at least keep it in the system by buying BitUSD. I would speculate that at minimum 1 Bitshare would be worth about 15 BitUSD as BitUSD should closely match the dollar and 1 Bitshares-PTS is roughly $15.
I think that a single Bitshare being worth $1,000 would be a bargain considering that Bitshares is a product/service that is more efficient and set to disrupt a multi-trillion dollar industry perhaps even larger.
The reason I posted the OP was so that those of us who have a vested interest in the success of Bitshares realize that we will get a pretty good ROI as soon as Bitshares is launched and that just because you made a good ROI doesn't mean that you should dump because they will be worth a heck of a lot more later on.

Theoretically if you could make BitUSD be accepted by the Bitcoin ATMs in such a way that we could actually cash out our BitUSD then no one would have to ever sell a Bitshare for anything other than BitUSD.

But since Bitshares would still be sold, it would still influence the price. If you can earn BitUSD somehow in the Bitshares system in a way where the dividend or the value is enough that you could cash out BitUSD and not sell Bitshares let me know. I'm not sure how you could avoid selling Bitshares if you need cash.

The same argument is made with people selling Bitcoin. Why did that guy buy a pizza for 10,000 Bitcoins? Because he was hungry.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
If you don't want people to sell their Bitshares then how will they get the necessary ROI?

A lot of money and time goes into acquiring Bitshares. I've heard stories of people spending $20,000 on mining in the cloud just to get PTS so they could get Bitshares and that was back when it could be mined. Now you have Angelshares which cannot be mined at all so when these people get Bitshares how are they going to get back the Bitcoin donations they put into it?

Once the initial ROI is made I don't see any reasonable person selling when they know it's worth at least $1000 a share. But before it can reach $1000 a share you first have to have ATMs and other businesses set up to bring XBT and BTS to the mainstream. The Bitshares ATM will be critical. A fiat to BTS exchange will also be critical.

Unlike Mastercoin and Counterparty, Bitshares cannot rely on the Bitcoin establishment for support. The Bitshares community is going to have to independently build it's own exchanges, its own ATMs, it's own paper wallet generators, and more. PiperWallet and Trezor will have to be modified to support Bitshares.

It is only when Bitshares can be securely stored, easily purchased, and made simple to understand for the masses will it reach $1000 a share. If people cannot figure out how to buy Bitshares or BitUSD, if you cannot get commercial businesses to take BitUSD seriously, and if you don't make it secure and simple, you don't deserve $1000 a share. But if you can do that then it's absolutely worth that.

Initially it will probably be $100 a share assuming Bitcoin is $1000. If Bitcoin goes up because most people can only buy Bitshares through Bitcoin it can reach $1000 a share if Bitcoin is in one of it's bubbles but if you want Bitshares to reach $1000 a share independently and stay there then you need to build value around the Bitshares network.

It's not enough to just launch DACs and theoretical experiments. If you want to see these share prices it's time to discuss business plans, market caps, and figure out what is preventing mass adoption because right now no one has heard of Bitshares.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:11:30 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
If BTSX is going to hit $1000, it'll get there whether you say "don't sell!" or not. So it sounds to me like your best bet is to just sit tight and when the price slumps after launch, buy everything you can get your hands on.

If you believe in a huge upside, you should be happy with low initial prices because they will give you a chance to increase your profit margin :)
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

sumantso

There are quite a lot of people who have acquired BTSX for as low as 0.0025 BTC. There will be sell-offs, at least to recover the initial BTC invested.

$1k is a long, long way. You will be getting sub $5 BTSXT at the start. Remember, 4 million BTSXT will be in the market from the start.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
If someone is tempted to sell their shares at the beginning, they should at least buy BitUSD instead of selling the shares. This (theoretically) will let you lock in your profits commission free, without totally exiting the Bitshares ecosystem. The only question is how much BitUSD will actually track the inverse price of BTS on the centralized exchanges. Its going to be fascinating to watch.

That is a good point and I agree that they should at least keep it in the system by buying BitUSD. I would speculate that at minimum 1 Bitshare would be worth about 15 BitUSD as BitUSD should closely match the dollar and 1 Bitshares-PTS is roughly $15.
I think that a single Bitshare being worth $1,000 would be a bargain considering that Bitshares is a product/service that is more efficient and set to disrupt a multi-trillion dollar industry perhaps even larger.
The reason I posted the OP was so that those of us who have a vested interest in the success of Bitshares realize that we will get a pretty good ROI as soon as Bitshares is launched and that just because you made a good ROI doesn't mean that you should dump because they will be worth a heck of a lot more later on.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline jae208

• View Profile
I know that as soon as people get hold of there first Bitshares they will probably
be overwhelmed at the nice profit they have made and MAY be tempted to dump.

IF YOU SELL YOUR BITSHARES AT LESS THAN $1,000 YOU WILL DRIVE THE PRICE DOWN EXPONENTIALLY. THINK ABOUT THIS, IF YOU STAND YOUR GROUND AND SELL BITSHARES ONLY ABOVE $1,000 NOT ONLY WILL WE ALL WIN BUT THE HUGE MARKET CAP WILL GENERATE MORE PUBLICITY AND GAIN MORE EXPOSURE AT AN EXPONENTIAL RATE THUS INCREASING YOUR PROFITS FURTHER AND PERHAPS ADDING NEW MEMBERS TO THE COMMUNITY.

On the other hand, if you sell your Bitshares at say $30 you will still make a nice profit simply for flipping Bitshares but I personally would prefer owning Bitshares that are being sold for $1,000 than selling for $30. Think long term! Don't give in to instant gratification! If you don't give in to instant gratification we ALL win BIG! Remember if you plan on selling $1,000 is the magic number and in doing so your ROI will be a huge exponential number.

Hope this works lol :)
(one can dream right?)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:04:16 pm by jae208 »
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials