Author Topic: Official Bitshares Social Media  (Read 5672 times)

charleshoskinson

Ethereum does not have a "working product"

We started as a whitepaper written by a single person in December and now we have three releases of our software in both Go and C++. We haven't even officially launched yet, but one can still write contracts in our HLL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSEJEanSvUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Ry7DUSJQc

We are on four continents with 22 meetup groups, a newsletter with over 15,000 subscribers and the creator of elliptic curve encryption works with us. PoC build 4 will be out within a few weeks with a beautiful GUI and numerous community driven improvements and we'll be pushing out our Python client as well. I think Ethereum is working just fine.

clout

No, there is no working product and the masses do not understand how bts x is supposed to work. I3 are barely handling the attention they are getting at some cost to engineering time

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

There seems to be a lot of fear that BTS isn't going to work.

Its a test network you should expect it to have bugs... This doesn't meant that the underlying concepts are not valid. Before you market a product, you should make sure the product follows through on its claims.

Don't confuse practicality with FUD.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
No, there is no working product and the masses do not understand how bts x is supposed to work. I3 are barely handling the attention they are getting at some cost to engineering time

I see your concern, we should not divert core dev bandwidth to social media or catching typos. 

But, it's a catch 22 without social media, the BTS community growth will slow and the product(s) will lose relevance. Polish the customer facing content and get a clear concise message out to anyone who'll listen..
Else, hide behind a coming soon sign and risk the guy next doors beats you to your audience.

The BitShares ecosystem is not a secret project, it's out and people will find you with or without your pants on. Ethereum does not have a "working product"

No trolling here, just an interested party.

Cheers
This is the idea, thinks are moving quick but right now there is not enough for newbies to understand the bitshare working . In march 3I  we'll have something working and new website and + media campaign. Right know the only way to understand anything it is to go trough the forum and spend hours witch could be quiet frustrating . So the social media that it happening right know it is enough, until end of march .

Sorry, maybe I'm just dense? why solicit interviews on the Keiser show, etc and then lay low on social media.

I totally agree with toast, we should not be diverting dev resources to tasks that could otherwise be handled by non-tech contributors. 
Hey, just trying to move the ball forward here.
 :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:35:29 pm by unimercio »
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline oco101

• View Profile

I see your concern, we should not divert core dev bandwidth to social media or catching typos. 

But, it's a catch 22 without social media, the BTS community growth will slow and the product(s) will lose relevance. Polish the customer facing content and get a clear concise message out to anyone who'll listen..
Else, hide behind a coming soon sign and risk the guy next doors beats you to your audience.

The BitShares ecosystem is not a secret project, it's out and people will find you with or without your pants on. Ethereum does not have a "working product"

Cheers
This is the idea, thinks are moving quick but right now there is not enough for newbies to understand the bitshare working . In march 3I  we'll have something working and new website and + media campaign. Right know the only way to understand anything it is to go trough the forum and spend hours witch could be quiet frustrating . So the social media that it happening right know it is enough, until end of march .

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

There seems to be a lot of fear that BTS isn't going to work.

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Brian, looks like Ethereum is getting on the Keiser report (https://twitter.com/stacyherbert/status/438256072160468994). It would be amazing if we could do the same.

I suppose if enough of you write to Max and Stacy...

been there done that..  +5%

Offline unimercio

• View Profile

Cheers

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
I visited the official Facebook page today and saw it stills has a mere 275 likes.. I know we have bigger fish to fry, but may I humbly suggest we all take a minute to invite friends (and family) to like this crazy thing we call BitShares.

By this time next week I expect we can blow by Ethereum at 1082 today.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
Thanks for the intro, B! Apologies from this Newbie, that was rather impolite of me - nice to meet you all, my name is Tabitha and I'm managing Bitshares' social media. You guys are our best influencers so I wanted to reach out and let you know where you can find Bitshares. Thank you in advance for your help and hello!

Welcome.

I am Chinese and know exactly the importance of Weibo, the most popular social media in China from which Bitcoiners get the crypto-currency news.  But only two tweets have been posted since your official account was created one week ago and one of which is even meaningless. This shows your less attention on Chinese medias. 

I think a lot more can be done to make it better since you have a China CEO. There is no doubt that III can get more supports and benefit from a well managed Weibo as now more and more Chinese are getting interested in BTS/PTS/AGS/III.

+5%
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
Thanks for the intro, B! Apologies from this Newbie, that was rather impolite of me - nice to meet you all, my name is Tabitha and I'm managing Bitshares' social media. You guys are our best influencers so I wanted to reach out and let you know where you can find Bitshares. Thank you in advance for your help and hello!

Welcome.

I am Chinese and know exactly the importance of Weibo, the most popular social media in China from which Bitcoiners get the crypto-currency news.  But only two tweets have been posted since your official account was created one week ago and one of which is even meaningless. This shows your less attention on Chinese medias. 

I think a lot more can be done to make it better since you have a China CEO. There is no doubt that III can get more supports and benefit from a well managed Weibo as now more and more Chinese are getting interested in BTS/PTS/AGS/III.

Offline jernau

• View Profile
I think it would be a good idea to buy some ad space on the letstalkbitcoin podcasts :)

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2

PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Brian, looks like Ethereum is getting on the Keiser report (https://twitter.com/stacyherbert/status/438256072160468994). It would be amazing if we could do the same.

This would be amazing  +5%
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Not a good idea before the new website is up.
Any new potential newbie will have to go trough the forum to understand whatever.. so I think we should  wait for now.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.