Author Topic: My personal wish list of keyhotee  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Nimrod

• View Profile
That is great if group function can be added to keyhotee. :P

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
I will attempt to answer some of the recent questions here, and also do a live video recording of me briefing some of our new c++ devs on the network and user interface design.   If all goes well everyone will get to observe one of our white board discussions.   

1) Direct connect works by exchanging your IP addresses via a Friend Request when you allow the friend to 'directly connect' to you.   The Friend Request is broadcast like all purely anonymous emails.

2) Signing custom messages for use outside Keyhotee (say on this forum while it doesn't directly support Keyhotee IDs) will work much like Bitcoin signing, except instead of entering a BTC address you enter your (or their) keyhotee ID.   Only slightly better.   All messages received in Keyhotee are 'signed' and can be trusted to be from a particular source.

3) The way we would do broadcasts to groups would be to share a private key among all group members.  Eventually Keyhotee will support an interface to 'create group' and then 'invite' people to it.

Thanks for the updates.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline bytemaster

I will attempt to answer some of the recent questions here, and also do a live video recording of me briefing some of our new c++ devs on the network and user interface design.   If all goes well everyone will get to observe one of our white board discussions.   

1) Direct connect works by exchanging your IP addresses via a Friend Request when you allow the friend to 'directly connect' to you.   The Friend Request is broadcast like all purely anonymous emails.

2) Signing custom messages for use outside Keyhotee (say on this forum while it doesn't directly support Keyhotee IDs) will work much like Bitcoin signing, except instead of entering a BTC address you enter your (or their) keyhotee ID.   Only slightly better.   All messages received in Keyhotee are 'signed' and can be trusted to be from a particular source.

3) The way we would do broadcasts to groups would be to share a private key among all group members.  Eventually Keyhotee will support an interface to 'create group' and then 'invite' people to it.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
In No.2, I mean to encrypt my broadcast message by my public key using AES (or some other symmetric crypto encryption algorithm), and thus the ones who know my public key or ID can subscribe me.

+5%
good idea

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
1. Minimize to System tray on windows, Mac and Linux, like BitMessage does, In consideration of keyhotee is p2p client and we need to let people leave it open with smallest disturbing.
2. Broadcasting, also like BitMessage. In BitMessage, broadcasting is implemented by encrypting the message by address, so if someone knows my address, then he can subscribe me. Can keyhotee also implement this without security issues?
1. This certainly seems like a good idea and we'll add it
2. All messages are implemented now via broadcast, as you're describing. Each client gets all messages, and each client tries to decrypt every message it receives using it's internally held keys.

In No.2, I mean to encrypt my broadcast message by my public key using AES (or some other symmetric crypto encryption algorithm), and thus the ones who know my public key or ID can subscribe me.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
copied from my another thread post:

How can we sign a message by keyhotee?
PGP signature is fine. But it's hard to use. And don't it one of the reasons why you developed keyhotee?
Sign a message by bitcoin address is OK. But it's tricky, and not that direct. Also not easy enough.

To prove one's identity to another person by keyhotee is already easy, but not to the public. For example, you don't sign your keyhotee or protoshares-qt binary client, it's at least partially cuz it's not that easy, aren't you?

In addition, I think keyhotee need to have the feature, to send an unencrypted message to the public. Event bitcoin network can do that.

Keyhotee is new identity. And aren't these needed to face the future of identity?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Will the direct connect system use broadcast to initiate, or DHT, or something else?

Thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
1. Minimize to System tray on windows, Mac and Linux, like BitMessage does, In consideration of keyhotee is p2p client and we need to let people leave it open with smallest disturbing.
2. Broadcasting, also like BitMessage. In BitMessage, broadcasting is implemented by encrypting the message by address, so if someone knows my address, then he can subscribe me. Can keyhotee also implement this without security issues?
1. This certainly seems like a good idea and we'll add it
2. All messages are implemented now via broadcast, as you're describing. Each client gets all messages, and each client tries to decrypt every message it receives using it's internally held keys.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog