Author Topic: Hi Dan, it is approaching Feb. 28 . Any detail plan for future 3i's DAC chains  (Read 16702 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

I don't see how any of your comments here are warranted. Simply because one person has a different opinion than you does not give you right to lash out at them on a personal or professional level, particularly since we are on a forum and your estimations on his expertise are purely conjectural.

Secondly, if you understood Dan's vision, you'd recognize that is much further reaching than any of Steve Jobs'. The implications of the consensus technology being implemented in bitshares x allows for a restructuring of society as we know it. Look to this post to get a glimpse of what that vision entails:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2853.msg35523#msg35523

If you do not understand it fully, ask questions rather than casting feckless judgement on concepts that are inherently esoteric in nature.

I'm just trying to bring you guts back to reality. Comparing this company to AAPL is a joke. Comparing Dan to Steve Jobs is a joke.

Secondly, Mrjeans was the one that brought up his occupation and how good he is because he does it all day.

Look, I want this thing to do well too. But I'm not going to sit here and compare I3 to one of the biggest Co.'s in the world or to any company in the S&P 500 for that matter. So far, all they have done is release an Altcoin. So comparing this to anything other than another Altcoin or Altcoin Dev is just ridiculous.

clout

Whoa, let's come back to reality. We all have our hopes and dreams for BTS, but comparing Dan and I3 whom haven't released a single product yet to Jobs and Apple is borderline delusional. Why don't we wait a few years before we start comparing things on such a grand scale. You sound juvenile.

Oh yeah, and don't forget, Jobs wasn't the technical mastermind behind Apple. He was the salesman, entrepreneur and vision of Apple.
Well we'll see wont we  ;)
I spend all day analyzing listed companies for a living. This is by far the company with the largest possible upside i've come across.

What are you doing here? It seems you have it figured out. Why don't you sell you analyzing skills with a 100% guarantee since you seem to think you know how to pick winners and losers of the stock market with certainty? I am sure MS, GS or JPM would pay good money for your stock picking skills.

Or wait, you're just full of shit. Just because you spend all day at Edward Jones or wherever you are analyzing something does make you an expert in something else completely not related. As a matter of fact it doesn't even mean you are an expert in the area of what you are analyzing.

[/quote]

I don't see how any of your comments here are warranted. Simply because one person has a different opinion than you does not give you right to lash out at them on a personal or professional level, particularly since we are on a forum and your estimations on his expertise are purely conjectural.

Secondly, if you understood Dan's vision, you'd recognize that is much further reaching than any of Steve Jobs'. The implications of the consensus technology being implemented in bitshares x allows for a restructuring of society as we know it. Look to this post to get a glimpse of what that vision entails:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2853.msg35523#msg35523

If you do not understand it fully, ask questions rather than casting feckless judgement on concepts that are inherently esoteric in nature.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Whoa, let's come back to reality. We all have our hopes and dreams for BTS, but comparing Dan and I3 whom haven't released a single product yet to Jobs and Apple is borderline delusional. Why don't we wait a few years before we start comparing things on such a grand scale. You sound juvenile.

Oh yeah, and don't forget, Jobs wasn't the technical mastermind behind Apple. He was the salesman, entrepreneur and vision of Apple.
I spend all day analyzing listed companies for a living. This is by far the company with the largest possible upside i've come across.

What are you doing here? It seems you have it figured out. Why don't you sell you analyzing skills with a 100% guarantee since you seem to think you know how to pick winners and losers of the stock market with certainty? I am sure MS, GS or JPM would pay good money for your stock picking skills.

Or wait, you're just full of shit. Just because you spend all day at Edward Jones or wherever you are analyzing something does make you an expert in something else completely not related. As a matter of fact it doesn't even mean you are an expert in the area of what you are analyzing.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 11:28:16 pm by newmine »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:57:45 pm by MrJeans »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important [snipped the rest]

On the contrary, Dan did a great job presenting this. One of the things that attracted me to Invictus is that its stated aims are clear, and its development is done in an open and transparent way. I dont want some slick salesman giving me BS, and this video reminded me exactly why investing in Dan's company was a great thing to do. Also, think of Dan's feelings before you write something offensive again.

+1

Knowing who is behind the product/idea creates trust and is, compared to most competitors, unique in the crypto space. Listening to the one that created and understands the product creates way more trust than a slick guy speaking perfectly without a clue of what he is talking about. Dan is def. a good speaker.
Also much comes from not having endless time on everything. You can see how he read the text from a screeen or something. But consider that there are so many things that have to be done atm. Many of which we are probably not so aware of. So I find it perfectly fine. And being comfortable infront of a camera is a matter of parctice only like public speaking is.
If I attend a company presentation and the CEO is not speaking it would looks as if the CEO is not involved or doesnt care enough. I have never attended a presentation yet where the CEO was absent.
Yes having Dan do the presentation creates trust.
If someone else takes over it should be someone else who works for invictus. Perhaps different people can do talk on different sections. But I think Dan should be in at least a part these videos.

I can not agree more. :)

I think of Dan to 3i is just like Jobs to Apple. So ,CEO makes the critical presentations is very well.

Offline CalabiYau

Just a hint: if you place your text in front of the cam you are always looking in the right direction, avoiding this misleading social signal by not looking in the eyes of the spectator. The content presented is awesome - go on!

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Please please please get a spokesperson.  Presentation is important [snipped the rest]

On the contrary, Dan did a great job presenting this. One of the things that attracted me to Invictus is that its stated aims are clear, and its development is done in an open and transparent way. I dont want some slick salesman giving me BS, and this video reminded me exactly why investing in Dan's company was a great thing to do. Also, think of Dan's feelings before you write something offensive again.

+1

Knowing who is behind the product/idea creates trust and is, compared to most competitors, unique in the crypto space. Listening to the one that created and understands the product creates way more trust than a slick guy speaking perfectly without a clue of what he is talking about. Dan is def. a good speaker.
Also much comes from not having endless time on everything. You can see how he read the text from a screeen or something. But consider that there are so many things that have to be done atm. Many of which we are probably not so aware of. So I find it perfectly fine. And being comfortable infront of a camera is a matter of parctice only like public speaking is.
If I attend a company presentation and the CEO is not speaking it would looks as if the CEO is not involved or doesnt care enough. I have never attended a presentation yet where the CEO was absent.
If someone else takes over it should be someone else who works for invictus. Perhaps different people can do talk on different sections. But I think Dan should be in at least a part these videos.

I think of Dan to 3i is just like Jobs to Apple. So ,CEO makes the critical presentations is very well.
Was thinking exactly the same thing 3I is now what apple was in the 1980s.

Offline Overthetop

+1

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

bitbro

In major US companies a person in the role of president can handle top level outward communication. Obviously a CEO can as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

+1

I must have missed the part where it said this was a board meeting or office conference.

Outside of The Men's Wharehouse CEO/founder, I can't think of any other CEO's out there Marketing their business to the masses. And if you say this wasn't for the masses, then this was a misuse of resources since the community here is pretty keen on the ideas and happenings of I.I.I. And Bitshares

Offline evolvo

This is not a company presentation at a conference...it is a promotional video.  Two vastly different things with different purposes and demographics. 
Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline bytemaster

I totally understand...it's not a shot at you.  I've heard you communicate your ideas extremely well in radio interviews as well.  Obviously I believe in your ideas and what you're building here.  These ideas have very powerful implications.  I just think it's worth it, for the sake of the quality of your ideas and those that believe in them, to present them as professionally as possible.  I'm just one person here....but I think it's as objective of a voice as possible.

As an INTJ I appreciate objective :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile

+1

Offline evolvo

I totally understand...it's not a shot at you.  I've heard you communicate your ideas extremely well in radio interviews as well.  Obviously I believe in your ideas and what you're building here.  These ideas have very powerful implications.  I just think it's worth it, for the sake of the quality of your ideas and those that believe in them, to present them as professionally as possible.  I'm just one person here....but I think it's as objective of a voice as possible.
Welcome To The Blockchain (The Bitcoin Song) - by Toby + Decap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbzNJr26H-4

Offline bytemaster

Groan...thanks for all the strawman arguments.   I never said to get a model to do it....I'm sure there's someone in the company who understands how this all works who is better on camera.  Or hire someone to say the exact same thing as Daniel said but just do it more comfortably.  The fact he is so awkward on camera makes the presentation look extremely unprofessional regardless of the quality of the content.  We are all emotionally and financially invested in these ideas but its important to view this objectively.  We do not need to create a false dichotomy between sleazy salesman and completely awkward.  It would just serve the ideas as well as our emotional and financial investments better to have someone presenting the ideas who doesn't make the vast majority of people feel uncomfortable.  Presentation matters.  Not sleaziness or awkwardness. Just someone more comfortable.

Well I for one do not like being on camera and we have already discussed having someone else do these things.   Unfortunately, I did not have time to re-record things over and over until I got the message just right without reading a script nor did I have time to get anyone else to prepare the message.  This was recorded between 1 AM and 4 AM :)

I am much better at expressing myself in written form.  When I speak my mind gets ahead of my mouth.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.