Author Topic: Compiling Bitshares in Ubuntu  (Read 10827 times)

Offline crazybit

i tried to compile in ubuntu,but got the enclosed error below, any idea?

Linking CXX executable bts_server
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_chrono.a(chrono.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_chrono.a(chrono.o)
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bts_wallet/bts_server] Error 1
make[1]: *** [bts_wallet/CMakeFiles/bts_server.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Offline betax

• View Profile
Glad you got it sorted :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline HardFork

• View Profile
Yes, it turns out, an older version was still running.  I just pulled again and rebuit and now bts_server and bts_wallet are working

Offline betax

• View Profile
Have you checked you have a server running already ? ps -A .
The unique node list is hardcoded to "127.0.0.1:4567"
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline HardFork

• View Profile
It seems like bts_server is no longer required?  I am able to run bts_wallet without running bts_server.

If I try to run bts_server, I get:
2668863ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:401          configure            ] listening for stcp connections on port 4567
2668864ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:114          close                ] closing connections...
2668864ms th_a       server.cpp:19                 main                 ] std
error configuring server
    {"config":{"port":4567,"mirrors":[]}}
    th_a  chain_server.cpp:423 configure

Is this expected?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I'm not sure, but I guess it might be caused by an incompatible changed protocol between server and client due to recent code changes.

So I updated the old chain.zip I provided. To workaround this problem, just download and unzip it again to replace chain folder in bts_server folder.
And, the information in old guide can continue work as it was..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5037011/chain.zip

----
Please pay attention that this genesis chain is only for testing, can not guarantee it will continue work after chain protocol changes.

Using genesis.json for testing is better way, just put it together with bts_server in same folder, I'm studying how to customize it using bts address format like "21X4FVGdggyDFuv7KueKY6PUoCkE" as genesis address, so that we can import its privatekey later in bts_wallet client.

All I see is:

>>> login
password:

There is nothing that tells me how to set my password

I think i forgot the details, after re-check the code, know that the right steps should be backup/rename/delete your old wallet.bts, and then try "login" again.

Thanks , HackFisher.

I tried but still didn't succeed.  Here is the command lines I got. Could you please help me have a look at this ? Thanks in advance.

>>> login
password: myloginpassword
>>>  importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan
assert
!is_locked():
    {}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:508 import_key
unable to import private key
    {}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:516 import_key
>>> unlock
key password: mykeypassword
>>>  importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan
rescanning chain...
invalid_key
unable to find key 0
    {"key":0}
    th_a  level_map.hpp:65 fetch
error fetching key 0
    th_a  level_map.hpp:75 fetch
block 0
    {"block":0}
    th_a  blockchain_db.cpp:866 fetch_full_block

{}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:1223 scan_chain
>>>
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:06:49 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
All I see is:

>>> login
password:

I think i forgot the details, after re-check the code, know that the right steps should be backup/rename/delete your old wallet.bts, and then try "login" again.

Thanks , HackFisher.

I tried but still didn't succeed.  Here is the command lines I got. Could you please help me have a look at this ? Thanks in advance.

>>> login
password: myloginpassword
assert
!is_locked():
    {}
    {}
>>> unlock
key password: mykeypassword
rescanning chain...
invalid_key
unable to find key 0
    th_a  level_map.hpp:65 fetch
error fetching key 0
    th_a  level_map.hpp:75 fetch
block 0
    {"block":0}
    th_a  blockchain_db.cpp:866 fetch_full_block

{}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:1223 scan_chain
>>>

Offline betax

• View Profile
Done, I guess you could have either missed a library or mpi.

Offline betax

• View Profile
I see, I think i will put the code of boot_install.sh in the instructions to avoid an outside dependency. Thanks again btw.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:46:18 am by betax »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Actually it may have been that boost_install.sh didn't work, I just did "sudo ./b2 install" to install boost

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline betax

• View Profile
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I FINALLY COMPILED BITSHARES!

(ubuntu 13.04, does not work on 13.10)

20 PTS for each of you from the tech support fund
28d08afc69dd91ca142ab20d72cf850245939f9c504e99ca61988bc705c81841

toast I use 13.10 any specific issues?

And many thanks!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:31:26 am by betax »

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Great! Thanks.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
What version did you use in the OP?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
All I see is:

>>> login
password:

Code: [Select]
if( fc::exists( c->_datadir / "wallet.bts" ) )
            {
                std::string password;
                std::cout<<"password: ";
                std::getline( std::cin, password );
                ilog( "opening ${d}", ("d", c->_datadir/"wallet.bts") );
                c->_wallet.open( c->_datadir / "wallet.bts", password );
                if( c->chain.head_block_num() != uint32_t(-1) )
                {
                    std::cout << "scanning chain...\n";
                    c->_wallet.scan_chain( c->chain );
                }
            }
            else // create new wallet
            {
               std::cout << "No wallet.bts found, creating new wallet.\n\n";
               std::cout << "    Every wallet has two passwords: one to load and save your transaction history and addressbook\n";
               std::cout << "    and one to secure your private keys necessary to send money.  You will be asked to provide these\n";
               std::cout << "    two passwords now, do not forget them. \n\n";
               std::cout << "    Your addressbook password may be left empty, but you must provide a password of at least\n";
               std::cout << "    8 characters for your key password.\n\n";
               std::cout << "Please specify an addressbook password for your new wallet.\n";

Offline HardFork

• View Profile
All I see is:

>>> login
password:

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
What is my password?  I never set a password.  I am trying to import the private key that was posted earlier in this thread.

when you input the "login" command, the interface will remind you about how to set the passwords...

Offline HardFork

• View Profile
What is my password?  I never set a password.  I am trying to import the private key that was posted earlier in this thread.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
try run command "unlock" first, you need login and input your private key password first.

I followed the instructions for unzipping the block.zip.  That solved the bts_server exception I had been having.  I was also able to run bts_wallet.  But when I tried the "importkey" command I got:

>>> importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan
assert
!is_locked():
    {}
    {}
>>>

Also: I am not sure what I am supposed to do with the genesis.json file

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Offline HardFork

• View Profile
I followed the instructions for unzipping the block.zip.  That solved the bts_server exception I had been having.  I was also able to run bts_wallet.  But when I tried the "importkey" command I got:

>>> importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan
assert
!is_locked():
    {}
    {}
>>>

Also: I am not sure what I am supposed to do with the genesis.json file
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:54:49 am by HardFork »

Offline betax

• View Profile
Thanks Hackfisher,

I have put a link for the genesis.json on the instructions as I have put it on github with a tool I quickly knocked out to check your balances.

I will post a new build later on, been busy with that tool ;)

Thanks toast for tips, appreciated!.

Offline toast

• View Profile
betax + hackfisher: tips incoming, soon

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
@Hackfisher I have added your chain to the instructions.

@All I have also added a simple get latest, build script, I just like to keep a history of builds just in case the latest breaks.

Hi guys, you might do not need my testing genesis chain any more because bytemaster just posted a thread having the source of genesis.json. But if you want to testing more with it, I'am afraid you need to modify it or have PTS/AGS before 2/28.

I have created a helper utility that will allow anyone with a PTS or Bitcoin-Qt wallet to see what their BTS balance is from the Feb 28th snapshot.

Inside the archive you will find genesis.json and an executable called get_bts_balance

Offline betax

• View Profile

you may want to set up daily autobuilds on launchpad using build recipes and auto-importing from the bitshares github repo. saves you a lot of time and biulds a little bit of trust (if you trust canonical more than some random guy on the internet)

it'll be set up as a PPA so users can easily apt-get it up to date
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/SourceBuilds/GettingStarted

I have put this as a temporary measure to help other people that are interested to test BitShares and don't want to go through the same build pain as I had, there is a bounty already to do autobuild for Windows, Linux, etc. But your suggestion to have a PPA is great, I assume that is their plan.

Offline betax

• View Profile
@Hackfisher I have added your chain to the instructions.

@All I have also added a simple get latest, build script, I just like to keep a history of builds just in case the latest breaks.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Thanks!
Working 100%

Offline betax

• View Profile
Awesome thanks HackFisher.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Please refer this: https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/issues/52
lack of genesis.json file causing dead loop rather throw exception in bts_server
Hey,
maybe you can help me out,

I built the wallet and server using your tutorial, the wallet works but the server is throwing this error (in red)

Any idea what I may be doing wrong here?
thanks

Thanks for the info.
Is there a dummy genesis.json file somewhere?

Noop, I have not study the format of genesis.json yet, bytemaster might know that.
For testing, I modified the code using original genesis address and generate the testing genesis chain, you can download it and unzip in the folder of bts_server if you need.

after you start and login bts wallet, you can import genesis key:
importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:47:05 pm by HackFisher »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Compiled versions

I will try to post a daily compiled drop here (until a better solution is available).

Note: You don't know me, so for all you know this can be infected with a virus, (it is not) but nevertheless common sense apply.

Have fun.

2014-02-27https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0aggc29in3rucr/bts_wallet%202014-02-27.tar.gz
2014-02-28https://www.dropbox.com/s/vytze9qfhtw5qsp/bts_wallet_2014-02-28.tar.gz

you may want to set up daily autobuilds on launchpad using build recipes and auto-importing from the bitshares github repo. saves you a lot of time and biulds a little bit of trust (if you trust canonical more than some random guy on the internet)

it'll be set up as a PPA so users can easily apt-get it up to date
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/SourceBuilds/GettingStarted
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline arubi

• View Profile
lack of genesis.json file causing dead loop rather throw exception in bts_server
Hey,

I built the wallet and server using your tutorial, the wallet works but the server is throwing this error (in red)

thanks

Thanks for the info.
Is there a dummy genesis.json file somewhere?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Hey,

$ ./bts_server
1828991ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:401          configure            ] listening for stcp connections on port 4567
1828992ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:403          configure            ] ...
1829029ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/blk_id2num is not upgradeable
1829075ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/trx_id2num is not upgradeable
1829126ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/meta_trxs is not upgradeable
1829166ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/blocks is not upgradeable
1829217ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/block_trxs is not upgradeable
1829264ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/bids is not upgradeable
1829326ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/asks is not upgradeable
1829385ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/calls is not upgradeable
1829430ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/price_history is not upgradeable
1829431ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:94           create_test_genesis_ ] caught exception!: eof
unexpected end of file
    {}
    th_a  json.cpp:342 variant_from_stream
1829431ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:114          close                ] closing connections...
1829431ms th_a       server.cpp:19                 main                 ] eof
unexpected end of file
    {}
error configuring server

thanks

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Too bad..
I pulled an update from git just now and re-built, but it's still giving the same error

Offline betax

• View Profile
I am having the same problem with today's and yesterday build. Yesterday was working correctly ... so I guess some breaking changes are occurring now in the network.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:51:23 pm by betax »

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Hey,

$ ./bts_server
1828991ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:401          configure            ] listening for stcp connections on port 4567
1828992ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:403          configure            ] ...
1829029ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/blk_id2num is not upgradeable
1829075ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/trx_id2num is not upgradeable
1829126ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/meta_trxs is not upgradeable
1829166ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/blocks is not upgradeable
1829217ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/block_trxs is not upgradeable
1829264ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/bids is not upgradeable
1829326ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/asks is not upgradeable
1829385ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/calls is not upgradeable
1829430ms th_a       upgrade_leveldb.cpp:24        UpgradeDbIfNecessary ] Database chain/market/price_history is not upgradeable
1829431ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:94           create_test_genesis_ ] caught exception!: eof
unexpected end of file
    {}
1829431ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:114          close                ] closing connections...
1829431ms th_a       server.cpp:19                 main                 ] eof
unexpected end of file
    {}
error configuring server

thanks

Offline betax

• View Profile

Offline cryptosig

• View Profile
Is QT not required for the GUI?
BTSX: wallet_approve_delegate cryptosig
KEYID: wallet_approve_delegate delegate-cryptosig

Offline betax

• View Profile
Compiled versions

I will try to post a daily compiled drop here (until a better solution is available).

Note: You don't know me, so for all you know this can be infected with a virus, (it is not) but nevertheless common sense apply.

Have fun.

2014-02-27https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0aggc29in3rucr/bts_wallet%202014-02-27.tar.gz
2014-02-28https://www.dropbox.com/s/vytze9qfhtw5qsp/bts_wallet_2014-02-28.tar.gz
2014-03-03Build broken: authorisation_status enum changes
2014-03-04https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2qn33uv2v2hauq/bts_wallet_2014_03_04.tar.gz It includes now get_bts_balance

Note: If you have already compiled your own version and want to build the latest just, run this. It will delete the BitShares directory, clone the latest, run cmake and compile.

cd ~
rm -rf BitShares
git clone https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares.git
cd BitShares
git clone https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/fc.git

~/cmake-2.8.12.1/bin/cmake ~/BitShares

cd ~/BitShares
make

If you have a custom chain as supplied by HackFisher.. backit up first before you delete the BitShares the directory.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:53:21 pm by betax »

Offline betax

• View Profile
Hi,

Please find here some quick notes I have written on compiling BitShares in a fresh image of Ubuntu.

cd ~
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install git libreadline-dev uuid-dev g++ libdb++-dev libdb-dev zip libssl-dev openssl build-essential python-dev autotools-dev libicu-dev build-essential libbz2-dev

Boost
cd ~
wget -O boost_1_54_0.tar.gz http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.54.0/boost_1_54_0.tar.gz/download
tar xzvf boost_1_54_0.tar.gz
cd boost_1_54_0/

# boost's bootsrap setup
./bootstrap.sh --prefix=/usr/local

# If we want MPI then we need to set the flag in the user-config.jam file
user_configFile=`find $PWD -name user-config.jam`
echo "using mpi ;" >> $user_configFile

# Find the maximum number of physical cores
n=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "cpu cores" | uniq | awk '{print $NF}'`

# Install boost in parallel
sudo ./b2 --with=all -j $n install

# Reset the ldconfig, assumes you have /usr/local/lib setup already. check ROOT installation
    # blog I wrote if not. Else you can add it to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, running this anyway
    # will not hurt.
sudo ldconfig 

chmod +x install_boost.sh
./install_boost.sh

boost installation extracted from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88131281/install_boost.sh

cmake-2.8.12.1

cd ~
wget http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.8/cmake-2.8.12.1.tar.gz
tar xvf cmake-2.8.12.1.tar.gz
cd cmake-2.8.12.1
cmake . && make

Clone the code

cd ~
git clone https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares.git
cd BitShares
git clone https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/fc.git

Run cmake
~/cmake-2.8.12.1/bin/cmake ~/BitShares
Finally compile it
cd ~/BitShares
make

If everything is ok you should have your compiled versions here:
cd bts_wallet
 ./bts_server and ./bts_wallet

Genesis 28/2

Here is a link to the genesis.json posted by bytemaster

https://github.com/betaxx/BTSXBalance/blob/master/genesis.json?raw=true

Initialising Genesis by HackFisher:
For testing, I modified the code using original genesis address and generate the testing genesis chain, you can download it and unzip in the folder of bts_server if you need.

after you start and login bts wallet, you can import genesis key:

importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan

you get 100 BTS to play.

Check your BTSX balances without using your wallet.dat
This a shameless plug for a tool I created :) .. check it out here if you want to confirm your BTSx balance.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3371.0
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:45:17 am by betax »