Author Topic: PTS Withdrawl from BTER not arriving in wallet!  (Read 15521 times)

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Re: PTS Withdrawl from BTER not arriving in wallet!
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 05:20:23 pm »
Searching:
http://btsblock.com/chain/ProtoShares

The transaction does not appear...

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 04:51:54 pm »
however it is probably more accurate to believe that there is a "run" on PTS at these exchanges and they simply do not have the coin in reserve, which if true is really a problem...at least for today.

I think that too.
Probably because almost every one is trying to get PTS to their wallets, bter is starving for PTS.

But how they can do transactions to our wallets (and have the TxID) with out having the PTS?,  If I try to do a transaction from a wallet with 0 funds, the wallet program don't even allow try it.
They do not need transactions, they will just claim BTS for all PTS on exchange (in their own wallet) and distribute it among PTS balance holders as coins on balance, not as real coins. Apparently you will then be able to withdraw BTS to your local wallet or leave it on the exchange.

That would be fine if the PTS was in my account on BTER, but I withdrew and received confirmation through a TxID from BTER, however there is no sign of it in my PTS wallet. So, no PTS balance in BTER and no PTS in my local wallet. Now, I can not even see my PTS withdraw history on BTER as they have suspended PTS trading. BTER has not responded to my emails yet.
And the transaction is not on the blockchain too? Can you find it in blockexplorer?

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 03:49:21 pm »
What if they don't actually have all the PTS that they should, given that exchanges often have less than the full amount as mentioned above. That would mean, they wouldn't get allocated the full number of BTS that they in fact need to cover their customers' PTS held on the exchange.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 03:17:40 pm »
however it is probably more accurate to believe that there is a "run" on PTS at these exchanges and they simply do not have the coin in reserve, which if true is really a problem...at least for today.

I think that too.
Probably because almost every one is trying to get PTS to their wallets, bter is starving for PTS.

But how they can do transactions to our wallets (and have the TxID) with out having the PTS?,  If I try to do a transaction from a wallet with 0 funds, the wallet program don't even allow try it.
They do not need transactions, they will just claim BTS for all PTS on exchange (in their own wallet) and distribute it among PTS balance holders as coins on balance, not as real coins. Apparently you will then be able to withdraw BTS to your local wallet or leave it on the exchange.

That would be fine if the PTS was in my account on BTER, but I withdrew and received confirmation through a TxID from BTER, however there is no sign of it in my PTS wallet. So, no PTS balance in BTER and no PTS in my local wallet. Now, I can not even see my PTS withdraw history on BTER as they have suspended PTS trading. BTER has not responded to my emails yet.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 03:07:52 pm »

I think that too.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 01:46:44 pm »

[/quote]

This is what I would like to know. Specifically my question is with this transaction information in the withdrawl history, is this enough evidence to prove our ownership of the PTS in the blockchain?

I am obviously no expert. However, I realize that I3 has been clear that the PTS needs to be in our personal wallet, but what do we do if we get stuck in the middle at the deadline?

Will the snapshot of the blockchain show these "uncompleted" transactions? 

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 01:39:40 pm »

I think that too.

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 01:22:36 pm »
Anyway, this is weird, I make two withdraw transactions to my wallet.
first one 2/27/2014 13:20  with 0 confirmations.
and the second one 2/27/2014 14:43 with 43 confirmations.

Why gets confirmed the second transaction first? 
Is not supposed a chronologically order? or is somehow random?

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 01:14:36 pm »
So, I emailed BTER and they responded rather quickly however there is still no solution.

I have a confirmed withdrawl in the Withdrawl Records section of my account, but do not even have an unconfirmed amount in my wallet. So, I seem to be in a middle ground here. I have seen this  http://bter.com/article/177, but the issue is that my PTS is technically not in my BTER account anymore.

If this continues until past the deadline, it would be excellent if Invictus could make a statement to try and help by finding a solution and/or putting some pressure on BTER to find one.

I realize that I should have done it sooner, but I believe 48 hours should have been ample time, however it is probably more accurate to believe that there is a "run" on PTS at these exchanges and they simply do not have the coin in reserve, which if true is really a problem...at least for today.

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 01:07:52 pm »
I have the same problem, contacted the support and got response pretty fast, if the PTS won't arrive in time, they will give me the resulting BTS to my account at BTER (as they stated will happen for everyone with PTS there).
It's not gone from their account if it's not confirmed TX.

Tnx. I found the Announcement  http://bter.com/article/177  :)

Offline max

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 10:35:19 am »
I have the same problem, contacted the support and got response pretty fast, if the PTS won't arrive in time, they will give me the resulting BTS to my account at BTER (as they stated will happen for everyone with PTS there).
It's not gone from their account if it's not confirmed TX.

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 06:33:44 am »
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=post;topic=740.0;last_msg=41132

Is your wallet currently Online?  How many active connections do you have (lower right)?  If it's your first time using the wallet, you may need to add a couple of nodes.

In the topic above yellowecho suggested to add a couple nodes to the wallet, do you think that will help?  and which  nodes should I add?

Thanks in advance

Offline marketp2p

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 06:17:20 am »
Confirmation speed doesn't depend on number of PTA transactions. Low hashing power is the problem.

Offline Captain_Picard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 06:04:12 am »
I am having a similar issue withdrawing from Cryptsy, only one confirmation in 8 hours.  I don't know if this means my funds are in PTS, still on Cryptsy, or in some partially confirmed limbo state.  Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Offline Yepez

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:26:33 am »
I am in the exact same situation

Do you think is it possible,  bter exchange is "doing something" to make this transactions "inconsistent" or "faulty" (I don't know how to call it)  with the purpose of holding the protoshares after the Snapshot, and keeping the corresponding  bitshares for them,  and then after that release the protoshares??
I don't know if that is possible but who knows...

I am just a newbie trying to figure it out.   ???

Please,  some one could help us,  maybe contacting bter support?