Author Topic: Price  (Read 20847 times)

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
Re: Price
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 01:15:27 am »
I don't want to complain about the huge price drop, since I am still a believer and support I3.

This is not a price drop. PTS is just trading ex-dividend. BTSX are the dividend.

this is not accurate exactly... there is an estimated drop in value as things even out between the two... however the speculation is 1 BTS will be worth $12 since 1 PTS is worth $6 which would then equal the $18 it was before the big sell off after the 28th... this all remains to be seen yet... and nobody can confirm or deny it really... we just don't know...

I would be tickled pink if it holds true and we keep a realized $18 value between the two... however I think its unrealistic yet... until there is demand for BTS through the creation of released DACs and a reason to give it value, until then I think it will actually be lower than people estimate... supply and demand drive price, we can only hope there is enough inflated demand prior to things being released to really drive it...

however me speculating is that the value will not rise as dramatic as people think... those who wanted BTS were perfectly capable of buying PTS before the snapshot in order to get some... so the demand for BTS I think will be less than PTS was as the demand has already been met for BTS... hence why we hope for the $12/$6 split between the two... but I honestly think BTS will open lower once trading starts, as most folks will want to sell in the beginning, since those who wanted to buy BTS have already done so by acquiring the PTS before the 28th, and sold shortly after... so I predict it will be short of this $18 combined valuation... there will be less demand for BTS than supply initially...

hopefully I'm wrong, usually I'm not...

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2014, 01:06:08 am »
I don't want to complain about the huge price drop, since I am still a believer and support I3.

But... I am a long term investor and I am following from the beggining and I didn't see that happening...I thought that there would be some price stability in the price of PTS and not such a huge drop. If I3 knew that this was going to happen, for example if I3 sold PTS like crazy after the snapshot, I think that some advice or warning should have been sent to people who are following from the start in order to protect our shareholdings by selling also and then re-bying low now.

At this point I feel that even since I am here from the beggining I didn't make any profit and later investors coming in now have almost the same advantages as my self. Sure I will get XTS where others won't but with this drop in price I could have cashed some profits and then re-invest. Or do we expect the price to go even lower than that?

I believe that if I3 wants to keep the investors investing in them should send us some opinions, advices or signals of what they think is going to follow. An email like the nice reports that we receive from time to time would have been nice. Not everyone here read the reddit articles...

And I don't think that this would fall under inside information, but rather just an advice for the preservation of the purchase power of the initial investors. Every company sends reports to their clients and to their investors with opinions and advices. They ofcourse writte a disclaimer but they do send out warnings and reports. 

Anyway, I don't want to complain anymore..I should have known better and I should have probably foresee that this would happen...It is just ennoying and makes me think to be more carefull in the future. Every time that there is a new release and the snapshot is taken everyone is going to sell like crazy...This in my opinion creates an instability and uncertainty to people who want to be long term investors..

I appologise in advance if I offended anyone.This is not my intention.It is a free market and everyone is responsible for his actions!

Well I do not intend to offend you, but I think you need to learn more about investing and market reactions in supply/demand... we were all informed for several weeks there would be a snapshot taken on february 28th... so by setting such a deadline for the reward of BTS, there will be a natural increase in demand as people want to be apart of that, and naturally once the snapshot is taken, there is no longer a reason for them to hold on to PTS with this method of investing... so they immediately started selling off before demand dropped and prices as well dropped with it...

if you were mining PTS you would have seen a HUGE increase in the number of miners and equipment pointed at PTS in the weeks before the snapshot as people jumped on the bandwagon to get in time for the snapshot... the difficulty per share doubled in an extremely short period as a result... and now that the snapshot is over, the number of miners have run off to other coins as there is no immediate need to hold on to PTS...

now when invictus announcers there will be another snapshot coming up, you will most likely see another increase and then dropoff again after because of the style of information needed to be collected... they don't need the people to be holding the PTS after they take the picture so to speak, its locked in and done...

invictus can not give out investing advice to people when to buy or sell (legally it would be horrible to do), as they also are speculating on what the market will do... and could be held liable for giving out investing advice without being registered to do so... each state in america has different laws regulating people who give out financial advice in an official form, they would be held to a different standard in most states than us in the forum speculating... insider information is a whole different ball of wax, if they used knowledge the public did not posses, like lets say they did not announce when the snapshot was going to be, and bought up all the PTS they could ahead of that, and then announced it, that would be insider trading and manipulating the market since it was not made public knowledge and they traded ahead of time for an advantage...

Offline d3adh3ad

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2014, 12:45:27 am »

But... I am a long term investor and I am following from the beggining and I didn't see that happening...I thought that there would be some price stability in the price of PTS and not such a huge drop. If I3 knew that this was going to happen, for example if I3 sold PTS like crazy after the snapshot, I think that some advice or warning should have been sent to people who are following from the start in order to protect our shareholdings by selling also and then re-bying low now.

At this point I feel that even since I am here from the beggining I didn't make any profit and later investors coming in now have almost the same advantages as my self. Sure I will get XTS where others won't but with this drop in price I could have cashed some profits and then re-invest. Or do we expect the price to go even lower than that?

I believe that if I3 wants to keep the investors investing in them should send us some opinions, advices or signals of what they think is going to follow. An email like the nice reports that we receive from time to time would have been nice. Not everyone here read the reddit articles...

And I don't think that this would fall under inside information, but rather just an advice for the preservation of the purchase power of the initial investors. Every company sends reports to their clients and to their investors with opinions and advices. They ofcourse writte a disclaimer but they do send out warnings and reports. 

Anyway, I don't want to complain anymore..I should have known better and I should have probably foresee that this would happen...It is just ennoying and makes me think to be more carefull in the future. Every time that there is a new release and the snapshot is taken everyone is going to sell like crazy...This in my opinion creates an instability and uncertainty to people who want to be long term investors..

I appologise in advance if I offended anyone.This is not my intention.It is a free market and everyone is responsible for his actions!

You just heard Stan say they are long term holders right?

Offline Markus

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2014, 11:12:40 pm »

This is not a price drop. PTS is just trading ex-dividend. BTSX are the dividend.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2014, 10:35:39 pm »

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »
I know. But hey I jut got it! I can just change the PTS to BTC again!! Then when the BTC wallet finished the 150 weeks calculation transfer it and then donate AGS. Oh man, it's great. I think I can wait until the PTS price rises more. Then there will be more BTC = more AGS, woohoo 8)

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2014, 10:21:58 pm »
After a successful BTS launch and announcement of the next DAC timeframe, PTS will rise again!

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2014, 10:14:07 pm »
Today I bought some BTC. I was waiting for the BitcoinQT client to calculate 250 weeks because I wanted to donate early for the upcoming DAC. In the meantime I checked AGSExplorer. I saw that now the PTS donations get a higher Donation Efficiency (but it changed again within the last hour). So I went to Bter to buy some cheap PTS. After hoping that all transaction go through I bought PTS and wanted to transfer them to my wallet. But then: Withdrawals disabled :D

I just found out that they will enable them most likely again on the 4th. Now what would you do now? Could I play around with the PTS (Price rising, bought at 0.0109xxx) somehow to make some profit? The thing is I bought them to get cheap AGS. I am a bit disappointed but also happy because the price is rising. But the price doesn't matter when it's about the AGS right? If you liked my story please donate..lol just kidding. Yeah, that's what happened today. Is there some way I could play around to make some profit out of the situation, I am not so good in trading yet. Jah bless!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2014, 10:02:26 pm »
sheesh well that was a huge dump   :o

way to reward long term holders...

We are long term holders...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline prophetx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2014, 09:17:32 pm »
sheesh well that was a huge dump   :o

way to reward long term holders...

Offline zvs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »
I was saying it's a good thing in the sense that invictus actually can't handle the attention they'd get from people who don't understand it. They should not even be collecting money IMO.

What are they supposed to do, not write any software until they sit down and explain how it works to 5% of the population? They said "here is what we are going to do, here is how you can give us money" and now there are demands for user-friendliness before anything is even ready.
In my case, it was the exchange that didn't understand it.   I'd consider that a fairly significant problem
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2014, 05:48:48 pm »
thank you very much! :)

Does anyone knows how many people in the world are currently trading Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and how many people in the world know what PTS is?

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 05:40:43 pm »
I am so happy the price went finally down... Sure I missed the oportunity to sell high and buy again low but at least now I can afford to buy some more PTS... People that really believe in I3 shouldn't care about prices going down...It will be for a short period. At least I hope that's the case or else my wife is going to divorce me... ::)

A couple of newbie questions now:

1) If I back up my PTS wallet and save it to an external disk, I assume that I can delete the wallet.dat and an attacker cannot have access to my PTS anymore and I can upload it in the future when Bitshares X is launched.Is this correct?

2) If I do (1) above if I understand correctly, when I delete my wallet.dat from my PC, when I will launch the QT client a new wallet will be created. If I purchase more PTS and send them in the new wallet that has been created and back up it again as above is it correct to assume that now I have two different wallets that I can upload and use in the future?

3) Since now the 28th snapshot is finished am I safe to do the above without any danger to claim my bitshares when launched?

4) By doing 1,2 above I am really protected from a malware software or not really?

Appologies for the very newbie questions above. I am just holding my PTS for the very long run and I don't want to wake up a morning and see that everything have dissapeared, so please advise if there is any other better way to protect my few PTS which hopeffuly will be very valuable in a couple of years..

Thank you very much!

1. Yes. It is also recommended you put a password on the wallet and right it down, but do as you wish, as long as the location of the backed up wallet is in a safe place.

2. Yes. You should also back up the second wallet if you plan to use it for long-term purposes as well.

3. Yes.

4. Yes, you would be impervious to malware as long as they were backed up separately from any computer, or if they have a password on them, or both.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 05:39:42 pm »
I was saying it's a good thing in the sense that invictus actually can't handle the attention they'd get from people who don't understand it. They should not even be collecting money IMO.

What are they supposed to do, not write any software until they sit down and explain how it works to 5% of the population? They said "here is what we are going to do, here is how you can give us money" and now there are demands for user-friendliness before anything is even ready.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 05:33:05 pm »
I am so happy the price went finally down... Sure I missed the oportunity to sell high and buy again low but at least now I can afford to buy some more PTS... People that really believe in I3 shouldn't care about prices going down...It will be for a short period. At least I hope that's the case or else my wife is going to divorce me... ::)

A couple of newbie questions now:

1) If I back up my PTS wallet and save it to an external disk, I assume that I can delete the wallet.dat and an attacker cannot have access to my PTS anymore and I can upload it in the future when Bitshares X is launched.Is this correct?

2) If I do (1) above if I understand correctly, when I delete my wallet.dat from my PC, when I will launch the QT client a new wallet will be created. If I purchase more PTS and send them in the new wallet that has been created and back up it again as above is it correct to assume that now I have two different wallets that I can upload and use in the future?

3) Since now the 28th snapshot is finished am I safe to do the above without any danger to claim my bitshares when launched?

4) By doing 1,2 above I am really protected from a malware software or not really?

Appologies for the very newbie questions above. I am just holding my PTS for the very long run and I don't want to wake up a morning and see that everything have dissapeared, so please advise if there is any other better way to protect my few PTS which hopeffuly will be very valuable in a couple of years..

Thank you very much!