Author Topic: Price  (Read 20844 times)

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
Re: Price
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 05:26:32 pm »
You all make the mistake of assuming the average investor is intelligent. THEY ARE NOT. They buy what they can easily understand and seems like a good option. When I switched my wallet over to Bitshare-PTS and my wallet got replaced and my balance went to 0 and my address changed, I freaked out, and came here.

The bottom line is that this whole concept does not appear to the average investor, it is not made easy to understand, and frankly, no one is going to have any interest in whatever complicated scheme several dozen aspies are conspiring to draw up on the internet, when there is absolutely no common-sense marketing, nor any attempt to make this information easily accessible, nor easy to understand. You are speaking in another language.

Maybe this is a good thing? People shouldn't put money into something they don't understand. When the software works someone will find it worthwhile to water it down.

And the worst part is that for every absolutely atrocious aspect that is seriously addressed or criticized, there is always someone who comes out and tries to spin it as a good thing.

No. It is not a good thing. Every single cryptocurrency community falls into this cult-like habit of turning every negative thing into a positive thing. Just look at /r/Bitcoin. Look at the forums for every cryptocurrency, actually.

If the supporters of these DAC's and this community want to actually be different, they need to break out of this habit. A bad thing is a bad thing. A good thing is a good thing.

A bad thing != a good thing.

To wait until the software works to make things watered down is foolish. Einstein himself said that if you can't explain a concept to someone as if they are five years old, then you do not truly understand it yourself.

To wait so long to release an easily-accessible watered down version makes for a 100% guaranteed shaky launch of BTS. This is coming from a businessman's perspective. Take these criticisms as you will.

P.S. Sometimes it's okay to use the scummy marketing tactics that other coins use, because the market/demographic you are actually targeting here is Wall Street, not the crypto-community.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 04:47:45 pm »
You all make the mistake of assuming the average investor is intelligent. THEY ARE NOT. They buy what they can easily understand and seems like a good option. When I switched my wallet over to Bitshare-PTS and my wallet got replaced and my balance went to 0 and my address changed, I freaked out, and came here.

The bottom line is that this whole concept does not appear to the average investor, it is not made easy to understand, and frankly, no one is going to have any interest in whatever complicated scheme several dozen aspies are conspiring to draw up on the internet, when there is absolutely no common-sense marketing, nor any attempt to make this information easily accessible, nor easy to understand. You are speaking in another language.

Maybe this is a good thing? People shouldn't put money into something they don't understand. When the software works someone will find it worthwhile to water it down.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline zavtra

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 04:35:24 pm »
The price is going down because the only official announcement was a twitter, that said THIS   Caution: Watch for Falling PTS
Here is the link   https://twitter.com/_bitshares/status/439258784490590209

Most people will not read that article, they will only see the twitter.
Great marketing...

Actually its a pretty good article. The writer does post a very important issue.

I think in order to get bitshares, a PTS holder will have to hold their PTS until the DAC is released and bitshares are distributed. I could of just bought pts today waited for the snapshot and sold my PTS with no loss and have free bitshares which could be worth quite abit.

Not sure if that is fair for the longterm PTS holders who never sold as they wait for bitshares.

No one here cares that's a good article. His point is that the majority of people will not read it. They will only see an alert from an official on PTS saying "THE PRICE IS FALLING!!!! CASH OUT NOW!".

I am sure I am not the first to say this, but I will say it anyway. The marketing for this completely sucks. I come to these forums out of curiosity. There are dozens of stickied threads. There is no "Protoshare", but rather Bitshare-PTS, the derivative scheme is not laid out clearly immediately anywhere for anyone, you have to go and find this yourself, and the community is not only cult-like, but actually small. For a coin that's in the top 10, there appear to be about as many active members here as there was on the StableCoin forums back in its heyday.

There appears to be very little attempts to market any potential new DAC's to anyone outside of this forum (it was hard enough to understand the concept of a DAC by itself. It is a very cryptic term and it is presented as if I am supposed to automatically understand what it means).

You know what I was told?
"I thought it was common knowledge in the crypto-community to always back up your wallet."

Wow, that's great. Because that warning was totally posted on the update to the new wallet. By a miracle I managed to find the old wallet file as the old wallet reappeared.

That's all.

- Zavtra

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 05:01:20 pm »
Could be a good idea buy PTS on cryptsy and sell on bter?

Yes, if one is trading higher than the other. That's called "arbitrage" - simultaneously buying low and selling high. It's a valid way to make money and increase the liquidity of the exchanges, but you will only be successful if you hold both BTC and PTS on both exchanges so that you can buy and sell at the same exact time. Because it's a very easy way to make money, arbitrage opportunities don't last long.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »
The price is going down because the only official announcement was a twitter, that said THIS   Caution: Watch for Falling PTS

Great marketing...

Actually its a pretty good article. The writer does post a very important issue.

I think in order to get bitshares, a PTS holder will have to hold their PTS until the DAC is released and bitshares are distributed. I could of just bought pts today waited for the snapshot and sold my PTS with no loss and have free bitshares which could be worth quite abit.

Not sure if that is fair for the longterm PTS holders who never sold as they wait for bitshares.

You mean as they wait for BTS X? If you're in it for other DAC's your position is the same if not better (plus you can get more cheap PTS). If you're in it for BTS X then holding PTS no longer does anything for you
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline megadeth92

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »
Could be a good idea buy PTS on cryptsy and sell on bter?
Account: jdroa92

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 06:55:02 am »
thank you for all your opinions, the variance makes for a wonderful pool of thought.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 04:37:38 am »
lol, bee watching the price drop wide eyed, people are so afraid that rather than chance it for after  the snapshot, they are selling high now.

Don't expect the price to drop too much. Many of us are waiting for low prices for PTS so we can scoop them up.

As a result I don't think PTS price is going to drop for long.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Online Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 04:04:24 am »
If BTS has a successful launch, PTS should go back up in anticipation of future DAC's.  Well have to sit tight and with what's happening to BTC, PTS holders may be just fine!

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 01:56:13 am »

Great marketing...

If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline burgoboby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 11:29:55 pm »
OMG !  they suxxxx ! our PTS worth almost nothing thanks to their weird marketing policy

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:00:40 pm »

Great marketing...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 03:18:17 pm »
Those are probably buying goxbtc :-)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 02:27:29 pm »
lol, bee watching the price drop wide eyed, people are so afraid that rather than chance it for after  the snapshot, they are selling high now.

Or they're selling part of their portfolio of PTS, planning to buy back in after the snapshot... It's not a bad hedging strategy. Rather than put all my eggs in the BitShares X basket, I'll get some future-bitshares-project eggs cheap.  :)
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline stupid_american

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 02:20:36 pm »
but is it still a good idea to get angelshares instead of just keeping the pts (due to high amt. of ags purchases today)?