Author Topic: Where are the PTC to BTS announcements and instructions?  (Read 9721 times)

Offline Shrek

• View Profile
Re: Where are the PTC to BTS announcements and instructions?
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 03:00:13 pm »
Thanx once again for the reply,
Ok i have made a small .05 donation to see how the process works,
As i understand a little more how it will all work, I will add to it.
I think (hope) this will be a fantastic opportunity
 :) :o ;D

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »
Thanx for the reply,
As i understand it i have nothing but good faith, that someone will come through with the goods,
And not just take the coin and run,
I am making a donation, not buying and ipo or stake, so i don't have a leg to stand on, If they say thanx for the donation see ya later.
Is there anything to give some feeling of security at all, A transaction id , for spent coin is not exactly confidence inspiring.
It does sound great, but have been burned to many times
Regards Dan

When you donate you'll get a transaction ID just like with any other bitcoin/pts transaction, and you'll be able to plug in the address you used to donate to the balance lookup tool at http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ to see that you actually own some AGS.

But it sounds to me you may be happier simply buying PTS, because then you can sell them if you ever get cold feet and you eliminate some of the trust required for AGS.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Shrek

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 02:00:06 pm »
Thanx for the reply,
As i understand it i have nothing but good faith, that someone will come through with the goods,
And not just take the coin and run,
I am making a donation, not buying and ipo or stake, so i don't have a leg to stand on, If they say thanx for the donation see ya later.
Is there anything to give some feeling of security at all, A transaction id , for spent coin is not exactly confidence inspiring.
It does sound great, but have been burned to many times
Regards Dan

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Shrek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 07:00:11 am »
Hello
I like the idea and would like to get involved.
But the just follow steps 1,2,3 don't do anything, I have trolled this forum for half an hour and am none the wiser.
It is clear as mud.
Do i get a ipo share? do i have a wallet with you, the fact that it is this hard to try to get involved, is not going to help your cause,
Can someone post step by step, how do i get started ?

Offline oco101

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 06:16:37 pm »
Thanks for part of the answer guys.

This is why there is not more support for PTS, and no big jump in price before the snapshot, it is just too much work to figure out what is going on.

There are also lots of unanswered questions about todays event on the Reddit thread.

An official post with clear instructions both here and at reddit would be appropriate and is expected.

good to know i'm not the only one wondering where these magical BTS X shares come from or go to, or what is going on with this, besides the prices of PTS dropping by half.

if i understand this correctly, nothing about where i am to receive these new shares has been released yet?  or did i miss that part?  I've been trying to figure this whole PTS/BTS/BTS-X thing out, and still dont have a clear understanding.  I imagine i am not alone in this cluelessness.
No the BTS-X wallet it is not release yet. So for know you have nothing to do, the wallet will be out at the earliest on 15 of March.   

Offline stanno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2014, 06:02:24 pm »

This is why there is not more support for PTS, and no big jump in price before the snapshot, it is just too much work to figure out what is going on.

There are also lots of unanswered questions about todays event on the Reddit thread.

An official post with clear instructions both here and at reddit would be appropriate and is expected.

good to know i'm not the only one wondering where these magical BTS X shares come from or go to, or what is going on with this, besides the prices of PTS dropping by half.

if i understand this correctly, nothing about where i am to receive these new shares has been released yet?  or did i miss that part?  I've been trying to figure this whole PTS/BTS/BTS-X thing out, and still dont have a clear understanding.  I imagine i am not alone in this cluelessness.

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 03:19:46 am »

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »
Once again I come here looking for information and have to dig through forums for vague answers from forum participants, instead of a quick clean answer from an official source. I expected at least a STICKY forum post with this info.

Where are the official instructions for the Time the snapshot is taken, and how to export and save your keys?

Where is the official new Bitshares wallet download location, and instructions on how to import your keys?

Where is the advertising and announcements that this is even occurring?

Why do you not make this easy for the general public to access and understand?

You didn't miss anything, there are no publicly available tools yet. The snapshot doesn't mean the software is publicly available. It just means when the software is available, the genesis block will be based on the snapshot.

you don't need to do anything yet, just make sure you don't delete your wallet (or at least back up your wallet.dat). There is nothing to do, just sit tight and wait for the software to be released.

Well, there is something he needs to do.  He needs to have PTS in his private PTS wallet where he controls the private keys by the deadline.  If he's purchasing AGS, then I believe today is the last day to donate.

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:43:07 pm »
Once again I come here looking for information and have to dig through forums for vague answers from forum participants, instead of a quick clean answer from an official source. I expected at least a STICKY forum post with this info.

Where are the official instructions for the Time the snapshot is taken, and how to export and save your keys?

Where is the official new Bitshares wallet download location, and instructions on how to import your keys?

You didn't miss anything, there are no publicly available tools yet. The snapshot doesn't mean the software is publicly available. It just means when the software is available, the genesis block will be based on the snapshot.

you don't need to do anything yet, just make sure you don't delete your wallet (or at least back up your wallet.dat). There is nothing to do, just sit tight and wait for the software to be released.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
Where are the PTC to BTS announcements and instructions?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 06:39:09 pm »