Author Topic: Get your BTS XT Balance Here from the Feb 28th snapshot  (Read 17562 times)

Offline cgafeng

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:47:52 am by cgafeng »
BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
sorry, I tried signature validation, but it failed, why?

To validate the signature, open BitShares-PTS wallet, go to the File Menu, then to Verify Message.
Then enter the PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw, the sha256 hash, and the Signature above.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:53:22 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline joaoha

• View Profile
Hi, This is my output,

Loaded 107 keys... searching for balances
balance: 128.832

Does it mean I own 128 BTS?

Can I move my PTS out of the wallet now that the snapshot was taken?

Great work and thanks for the update.
Cheers

Offline bytemaster

I will offer a nice tip for someone to enhance this utility to support all of the various wallet formats (apis are already done and in the code).

It should include Armory, Multibit, Eletcturm, and Blockchain.info dumps. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I have created a helper utility that will allow anyone with a PTS or Bitcoin-Qt wallet to see what their BTS balance is from the Feb 28th snapshot.

Mac OS X Binary:
http://the-iland.net/static/downloads/get_bts_bal.tar.gz     
sha256:    6efe7a84363ae012b4743cf6ce7ff0db18300ff99bf217bb95077c059a82ad97
Signed:     PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw
Signature: G4ZFb2RHKRxwgvipFiLXLw17KZV6Xw8H99UkTylCCtSLXqFP4AM2G6b9FyTBi08wpVCqYVKstkTnHxrZjrouSoI=

To validate the signature of your download perform the following command:
Code: [Select]
shasum -a 256 get_bts_bal.tar.gz
To validate the signature, open BitShares-PTS wallet, go to the File Menu, then to Verify Message.
Then enter the PaNGELmZgzRQCKeEKM6ifgTqNkC4ceiAWw, the sha256 hash, and the Signature above.

Inside the archive you will find genesis.json and an executable called get_bts_balance

1) Close all Bitcoin-Qt and PTS wallets.
2) Backup all of your wallets before attempting to run this command.
3) Only use trusted executables signed by the PTS Angel Address as this will unlock the private keys in your wallets.

Run one or more commands like so:

Code: [Select]
./get_bts_balance ~/Library/Application\ Support/Bitcoin/wallet.dat
or
./get_bts_balance ~/Library/Application\ Support/BitShares-PTS/wallet.dat
or
./get_bts_balance ~/.protoshares/wallet.dat

The executable is only built for OS X right now, but we will provide versions for other platforms in time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:35:00 am by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.